Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Raw 1/13/14 Thoughts

I feel this is almost necessary considering the things that took place.

First off, I have to give my mark out moment of the evening, Kofi Kingston beat Randy Orton! Cleanly! Yes, I am so happy he won, haha. Anyways, as much as I want this to be a silver lining and a push for Kofi to go to the Main Event, I think it was just a one night deal to get Orton motivated to beat on Cena's dad.

Second, the Usos beat both Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan in a Steel Cage Match which really surprised me, but again made me happy. However, Daniel Bryan would turn on Bray Wyatt already. It hasn't been a full two weeks since he joined them. I am kind of against this as the storyline of him joining them ended too quickly. Maybe I am just being bashful.

Thirdly, the New Age Outlaws would leave Punk's Match against the Shield. It seems as if WWE is going to stick with a match between Triple H and Punk after all.

Anyways, thoughts on these matters? And is there anything major I missed?
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

I think its in kofi's contract he gets a push once a year. hasnt his 'push' been involved with orton since he wrecked orton's nascar?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I feel this is almost necessary considering the things that took place.

First off, I have to give my mark out moment of the evening, Kofi Kingston beat Randy Orton! Cleanly! Yes, I am so happy he won, haha. Anyways, as much as I want this to be a silver lining and a push for Kofi to go to the Main Event, I think it was just a one night deal to get Orton motivated to beat on Cena's dad.
    I was very surprised to see Kofi beating Orton, can't say I marked since I don't think Kofi's much more than a mid carder, but it was certainly a nice moment. But as you say, all that was behind it was to give Orton a motive to fuel his frustration and beat up Cena snr.

Second, the Usos beat both Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan in a Steel Cage Match which really surprised me, but again made me happy. However, Daniel Bryan would turn on Bray Wyatt already. It hasn't been a full two weeks since he joined them. I am kind of against this as the storyline of him joining them ended too quickly. Maybe I am just being bashful.
    I was very happy to see The Usos get a good win in a Raw main event. I know that they've had main event wins before, but it's usually been as part of a big tag team match,as opposed to a straight up 2 on 2 match.
    I'm fine with Bryan breaking striking out on Wyatt already. I'm sure that WWE has big plans set for both men post-Rumble and heading to Wrestlemania, so this storyline needs to be wrapped up soon. And with this match tonight, this was the perfect opportunity for Bryan to beat up Wyatt good. This was the true mark out moment and the best moment of the night, and one of the highlights form any Raw episode in a while. The crowd were as loud as I've ever heard them when they chanted for Bryan tonight. Epic stuff.

Thirdly, the New Age Outlaws would leave Punk's Match against the Shield. It seems as if WWE is going to stick with a match between Triple H and Punk after all.

Anyways, thoughts on these matters? And is there anything major I missed?
    Interesting to see The NAO turn on Punk. It fuels the HHH vs Punk idea that's floating, and I'm fine with them going for that match. I just hope it leads to HHH putting Punk over properly this time.
    It's nice to see the NAO also getting some matches. Involved on Raw last week, match on Smackdown last week, match on Raw tonight, and another match on Smackdown this week. Both (Billy Gun in particular) look in fantastic shape.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I think A LOT happened tonight in the Divas division in a short period of time. AJ Lee returned to RAW for the first time in a couple of weeks, they Showed NXT Diva Emma in the crowd clearly showing that she will be getting a full call-up very soon, and Naomi attacked AJ after their tag match maybe setting up a match between two Divas that have wrestled MANY a great match together in FCW, NXT and WWE.

I think that AJ's feud with Naomi (if it even happens) will be short, maybe just for Royal Rumble at most for EC also, I expect AJ to retain the divas title in that feud. Then one of two things is gonna happen, either Emma is going to debut and feud with AJ, OR Tamina is gonna turn on AJ and they will feud in a HBK Vs Diesel like bodyguard turn type of feud that will lead to a match at Mania.

Or maybe Tamina stays with AJ a bit longer and AJ feuds with Emma and faces her at Mania. That is about as far as I can see Divas Title feud through Mania.
    Last edited by WPack911; 01-14-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Screw the Haters, AJ ROCKS!!!

It was a good RAW.The Usos vs The Wyatt is a good feud. Both team are doing great. I was surprised that Bryan turned on The Wyattt so already. NAO & Punk vs The Shield was a little boring, but the end means that CM Punk will face Triple H at Wrestlemania, this is sure now.

Daniel Bryan chants & pops were sick last night !!! The guy will win the Rumble or WWE is really MAD !

The only thing I disliked, was the thing I already watched years ago... Orton atacking Cena's father. And once again, we won't see Cena becoming mad at that, because of his idiotic gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestarpunk View Post
    I think its in kofi's contract he gets a push once a year. hasnt his 'push' been involved with orton since he wrecked orton's nascar?
    It's not a push, this was only made to have Orton becoming mad. Next RAW or perhaps on SD, Orton will face Kingston again and destroy him. Kingston is stuck in the midcard and will probably stay there, especially now that the WWE & WHC are unified.
    Last edited by PSOjedi; 01-14-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    Respect the beard !

By rights shouldn't Kofi get a title shot now though? I mean he will lose, but shouldn't he get that on RAW next week or something?

Screw the Haters, AJ ROCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WPack911 View Post
    By rights shouldn't Kofi get a title shot now though? I mean he will lose, but shouldn't he get that on RAW next week or something?
    It's obvious he will face Orton again next Monday on RAW, but for the title I don't know.
    Respect the beard !

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I was very happy to see The Usos get a good win in a Raw main event. I know that they've had main event wins before, but it's usually been as part of a big tag team match,as opposed to a straight up 2 on 2 match.
    I'm fine with Bryan breaking striking out on Wyatt already. I'm sure that WWE has big plans set for both men post-Rumble and heading to Wrestlemania, so this storyline needs to be wrapped up soon. And with this match tonight, this was the perfect opportunity for Bryan to beat up Wyatt good. This was the true mark out moment and the best moment of the night, and one of the highlights form any Raw episode in a while. The crowd were as loud as I've ever heard them when they chanted for Bryan tonight. Epic stuff/
    Bryan vs. Wyatt at the Rumble!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    Bryan vs. Wyatt at the Rumble!!
    If they do that match, then who goes over? Wyatt is apparently the top current project in WWE, so you'd think that the purpose of his feud vs Bryan was to get him over as a top guy. Does having Bryan beating him defeat that purpose? I'd personally rather see Bryan win and then move back into the world title scene, but we'll see. I would certainly like to see this match.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Some initial random thoughts:

Yes Chants!: I read a tweet last night that basically said: "That moment was awesome, but just think how amazing it would have been if it happened when they were the final two in the Rumble." THAT would have been nuts. All in all, great moment though. Awesome crowd.

His 'face (re)turn' happened too quick for my liking, but again, it's hard to critique a moment as pure and sweet as last night's.

If Bray is a top project, and Bryan is heading for the WWHC - I think a Bray vs Taker match makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't want the feud to get convoluted, but the Ascension getting involved to even out the numbers would be very entertaining. It would remind me of the Ministry/Brood days where there was more than 1 dark, freaky group.

If Stone Cold won't fight Punk, I think a feud with HHH is a solid route. They've defnitely been planting seeds for it for some time now, which is all I can really ask for a Mania feud - something that wasn't thrown together 4 weeks before the show (I'm looking at you Swagger vs Del Rio Bullshit Match of 2013 That No One Cared About Because 75,000 Wanted Ziggler in the Match). That said, I feel really strongly that a 'For the WWE Match' will take place at Mania 30 where HHH fights a Vince Representative to become CEO, and I don't see it being Punk. I think Cena makes way more sense in that role.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL