Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smart Move? WWE to possibly show footage of Benoit.

Ok, so the front page has an story up saying that WWE may allow footage of Chris Benoit to be shown on the forthcoming WWE Network, apparently there will be a warning before his footage will be shown.

Now I know there are those out there who only see the wrestler, and wish to ignore what he did, but the question is will those individuals outweigh the ones who cannot forgive what the man behind the wrestler did. So, what do you think, is this a good idea?

I personally do not agree with situation. From a business standpoint, it would see like a horrible decision to do this, but I can understand that there is so much history that he is involved in, that it would be hard to cut him out completely. So, how would they go about doing it in a way that doesn't glorify the man?

Also, I know tempers can get high with this subject, I am all for a logical back and fourth between people, but lets keep it at that please.

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    Ok, so the front page has an story up saying that WWE may allow footage of Chris Benoit to be shown on the forthcoming WWE Network, apparently there will be a warning before his footage will be shown.

Now I know there are those out there who only see the wrestler, and wish to ignore what he did, but the question is will those individuals outweigh the ones who cannot forgive what the man behind the wrestler did. So, what do you think, is this a good idea?

I personally do not agree with situation. From a business standpoint, it would see like a horrible decision to do this, but I can understand that there is so much history that he is involved in, that it would be hard to cut him out completely. So, how would they go about doing it in a way that doesn't glorify the man?

Also, I know tempers can get high with this subject, I am all for a logical back and fourth between people, but lets keep it at that please.
    I think if they show him in the context like they are featuring a ppv, or highlighting a wrestlers career, it is ok. Example, if they wanted to show the matches where Orton became a champ for the first time, I'd be ok with it.

But if they wanted to highlight benoits career, I'm not sure what I'd think of that.

It was bound to happen for Benoit to be shown in some sort of way on WWE TV/Network/or whatever the hell they call it. I mean, it's impossible for them to ignore him forever.

A STAR WAS BORN!!!! #ThankYouBrock

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    I think if they show him in the context like they are featuring a ppv, or highlighting a wrestlers career, it is ok. Example, if they wanted to show the matches where Orton became a champ for the first time, I'd be ok with it.

But if they wanted to highlight benoits career, I'm not sure what I'd think of that.
    I think it could work, but they have to be careful about how the approach that subject.

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Lame.

Was kinda hoping there would just be a black bar over Benoit.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

I'm just curious how the disclaimer is going to read:

Warning: The footage of pretend violence you're about to see contains images of a man who committed very real acts of violence on a woman and a child. But he could pretend with the best of them, so lets get back to the funsies. Viewer discretion advised.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol. Lets get back to the funsies. Brilliant.

Smart move. Many matches that were important to wrestlers not named Benoit were lost when they made the decision to erase him.

The absolute last thing this means is that they're going to do some sort of Benoit compilation.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Blog Entries
    I could see it being okay if they show some highlights clips of a memorable ppv or tv match he was involved in. I don't see them showing random full length matches however. And they shouldnt

Benoit was at the height of his fame during a time when I wasn't watching wrestling so my point of view is skewed by that fact.

I can't stand the sight of him.
    I think WWE owe it to themselves and to the other wrestlers who had important career moments with him to not just pretend like he was never there but I personally have zero interest in seeing anything he did and would skip through/turn off any WWE programming with him in.
    I think one of their biggest challenges might come from commentary, how could the show matches where the commentators are cheering him on, that just feels icky, a bit like raving about how good "The Leader" by Gary Glitter is.

Divas to believe in.

I think the disclaimer should be like those this is your brain on drugs commercial.

Like here's a normal brain, here's a brain that has advanced CTE and was plagued by years of anabolic steroid use.

The truth is they couldn't get around Benoit forever. He's like the elephant in the room. We can acknowledge his place in wrestling while understanding what he did was horrible.