Blog Entries

Grand Theft Auto - The Motion Picture!!!

Now that GTA has 3 playable characters, do you think it's time we got a movie out of this? Normally I'm not a fan of game based movies (Double Dragon, Mortal Combat, Streetfighter - UGH!) but I think that Michael, Franklin and Trevor could well star in a franchise kickoff here.

Waddyareckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Now that GTA has 3 playable characters, do you think it's time we got a movie out of this? Normally I'm not a fan of game based movies (Double Dragon, Mortal Combat, Streetfighter - UGH!) but I think that Michael, Franklin and Trevor could well star in a franchise kickoff here.

Waddyareckon?
    Be kind of like The Italian Job i reckon would be interesting i think.

Blog Entries
    Except The Italian Job was a movie in 1969. lol

Blog Entries
    They always manage to fuck shit up when making movies out of video games. So with that in mind, I'm inclined to say no. But if they'd get it right, then it's potentially a great movie.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    They have some really solid characters here. It's not like it was in Street Fighter or MK where they had to retroactively apply story and personalities and motivation to these characters. But it's like any movie, might work, might not. I think it's worth a shot....maybe

The Trinity
    I've managed to find some Steven Ogg (guy who voices Trevor) clips on the internet and he seems like a pretty decent actor. I'd be all for seeing a GTA movie. Even if it recieved bad reviews, I'm sure it would make enough money at the box office for it to be considered a commercial success.

Blog Entries
    I've been watching some of that stuff too and there's not much doubt that Trevor has the most potential as a character. Then later, they could bring in Niko and whoever else to the series, if it progressed that far.