Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

smackdown/shield/future (spoilers)

Sup all, not a frequent poster, but felt compelled after tonights main event. I'm usually not enthralled with smack down, I dvr it and watch it cuz I'm a die hard fan of 30 yrs. But I thought the main event 3 was awesome, particularly the performance of Rollins. Reigns is said to be the next big thing, which I don't doubt, but the dark horse might be SethRollins with a great edge of your seat showing against wwe's icon Cena, absolutely outwrestling the man and hitting spots and near falls that could have been ppv worthy, even though he had to take the fall to superman . Big E seems to be receiving a nice face push as well,and I feel he's greatly improved. Just saying the future looks bright. WWE has great young workers, lets hope creative has ways for them to shine. Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    The thing about The Shield is how well they complement(ed) each other; Ambrose's charisma, Rollin's athleticism, and Reign's look. As long as handled properly, I think the 3 will be headlining for years to come.

Blog Entries
    WWE's future does indeed look very bright, providing that WWE can build these young, potentially great stars, correctly to make the fans care about them in the same way fans have been made to care about the stars of the past and present; Cena, Orton, Batista, Big Show, Mysterio, Edge, HBK, HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Bryan, Punk, Jericho and so on. If WWE can build the next generation of superstars to make us care about them as much as we cared about the previous generation, then WWE's future looks extremely bright.

I think The Shield trio should be three of the main stars we see on our screens for years to come. Rollins is the one that MAY be in danger of getting lost. He has a lot of characteristics that likens him to Dolph Ziggler or Kofi Kingston, in that he can put on fantastic matches with anyone, and sells extremely well, but will always be used to make others look good.
    Another problem for the Shield trio is how each man will be repackaged when they split. WWE will have to come up with some sort of identity that isn't generic and makes them stand out as stars if they're to go on to become something special as individuals.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    WWE's future does indeed look very bright, providing that WWE can build these young, potentially great stars, correctly to make the fans care about them in the same way fans have been made to care about the stars of the past and present; Cena, Orton, Batista, Big Show, Mysterio, Edge, HBK, HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Bryan, Punk, Jericho and so on. If WWE can build the next generation of superstars to make us care about them as much as we cared about the previous generation, then WWE's future looks extremely bright.

I think The Shield trio should be three of the main stars we see on our screens for years to come. Rollins is the one that MAY be in danger of getting lost. He has a lot of characteristics that likens him to Dolph Ziggler or Kofi Kingston, in that he can put on fantastic matches with anyone, and sells extremely well, but will always be used to make others look good.
    Another problem for the Shield trio is how each man will be repackaged when they split. WWE will have to come up with some sort of identity that isn't generic and makes them stand out as stars if they're to go on to become something special as individuals.
    I totally disagree, Rollins is no Kofi or Dolph..I blind man can see he is a main event caliber player

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marooned View Post
    I totally disagree, Rollins is no Kofi or Dolph..I blind man can see he is a main event caliber player
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by marooned View Post
    He has that smoothness in the ring and he is okay on the mic, that's all you need. He's got that the curb stomp finisher that's a beast too!

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    He's got that the curb stomp finisher that's a beast too!
    The fact that he seldom gets to use that move makes me think he'll get a decent push after the Shield. They're keeping the thing a secret for the general public, I've seen him use it once since leaving NXT, and that was one of the few times Rollins got the pin. You need to have that one moves that finishes people off. Had people been kicking out of his (brutal looking) finisher, he'd be screwed.

But I'm aware I might be reading too much into it.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post

I could not agree more with all that you said. My thing is with the Shield splitting soon, I am not sure if that is a good idea or not. That means WWE will have to work harder on seperate storylines, title chases, promo time, ring action, etc. to get them on screen. Being in a stable allows all of them to share that time. I am just afraid WWE will screw them up like they did with Wade Barret.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I could not agree more with all that you said. My thing is with the Shield splitting soon, I am not sure if that is a good idea or not. That means WWE will have to work harder on seperate storylines, title chases, promo time, ring action, etc. to get them on screen. Being in a stable allows all of them to share that time. I am just afraid WWE will screw them up like they did with Wade Barret.
    I agree, out of choice, I'd keep the stable together for months more, even years. Trouble with that though is keeping it fresh. We know how WWE (and wrestling in general) is with keeping things going long term these days.

Technically when they split they will be feuding with each other for say the first couple of months at least! So the on advantage of that is that they same creative people will be working together on the same feud and they will also be sharing the same air, they will just be bouncing off of each other in the promos instead of all being focused on one opponent! I understand what your saying and agree, but it's not like they will just split up and to the other ends of the spectrum in totally seperate! They will still be working with and each other out for a short period at least!