Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roman Reigns

Roman Reigns

What do you guys make of the following article on the main page?

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/2...reigns-cm-punk

How do you feel about Roman Reigns getting portrayed the way he is? Will he be a top star... Or will he flop?
    Haiters gonna Haite ^^

If they push him too soon as a singles competitor and he doesn't go over with the crowd rather quickly it could bury his momentum. Personally I don't like it. They should give him more time as he is still too raw on the mic but this is the WWE's and Vince McMahon's way. He likes Reign's look and think he has an instant star.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAustinEra View Post
    If they push him too soon as a singles competitor and he doesn't go over with the crowd rather quickly it could bury his momentum. Personally I don't like it. They should give him more time as he is still too raw on the mic but this is the WWE's and Vince McMahon's way. He likes Reign's look and think he has an instant star.
    Don't know, I think Reigns (as well as Rollins and Ambrose) is pretty over with the crowd. Everybody likes The Shield. The real question is, will he shine as a top guy or will he flop? Personally I like Reigns and think he could be a great main eventer, all depending on the booking skills of the creative departement...
    Haiters gonna Haite ^^

They'll give him an Orton like career I believe, sans the excessive body oil and boringness!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    They'll give him an Orton like career I believe, sans the excessive body oil and boringness!
    the spear out of no where is the new rko out of no where.

I hope they continue to push him and build him as a heel. I think he will get over in the long run that way. IMO, Seth Rollins should be the guy who the Shield turns on, giving him the face turn. Let Reigns & Ambrose continue to be heels. Seems like the WWE gets a little too quick with splitting up a group and turning someone face. Those guys always tend to flop. Leaving Batista as the monster heel in Evolution did wonders for his singles career.

I would be fine with it just to see what he is capable of doing on his own. I keep hearing from everyone that he has an immense amount of charisma. I have yet to see it though as I always thought he was embarrassing on the mic when The Shield did their group promo where they passed the mic around like a joint. I really do not want to see The Shield break-up.

I mean guys can have solo careers while being apart of a stable. Dean Ambrose, despite being in the group, acts like he is having a solo midcard run. I think that is how it should be done with anyone who is in such a successful group. I hate this whole Marty Jenetty system that the WWE goes with when it comes to groups. They should be viewing it like bands who stay together while the members pursue individual side-projects.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    I hope they continue to push him and build him as a heel. I think he will get over in the long run that way. IMO, Seth Rollins should be the guy who the Shield turns on, giving him the face turn. Let Reigns & Ambrose continue to be heels. Seems like the WWE gets a little too quick with splitting up a group and turning someone face. Those guys always tend to flop. Leaving Batista as the monster heel in Evolution did wonders for his singles career.
    I agree with you here. Ever since they debuted, I also wondered who they would turn face eventually and always thought it was going to turn out to be Rollins... (Due to NXT at the time) I think Roman Reigns should indeed be pushed into the main event as a Heel though... He seems a natural 'monster'.
    Haiters gonna Haite ^^

Have the Shield turn on him and slowly give him time to build up a fan following against them, it also gives him to to work on his mic skills. If he fails the WWE has not lost much on him, if he succeeds move him up to the top group.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    Don't know, I think Reigns (as well as Rollins and Ambrose) is pretty over with the crowd. Everybody likes The Shield. The real question is, will he shine as a top guy or will he flop? Personally I like Reigns and think he could be a great main eventer, all depending on the booking skills of the creative departement...
    They are over but in the group element. Make Reigns a singles competitor and he might not be as over because then he has to sell his character on his own and with very raw mic skills that could be difficult. I think he can be a top guy I just wouldn't force him into that position so soon. Unfortunately, they've made gestures towards breaking up the Shield already so it seems like Reign's push will come as soon as RR and the events leading up to it.