Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Orton era.

The Orton era.

So he was the youngest ever WHC and now he's the first unified champ. I can't see them taking the belt of him too quickly. So what is next for the champ. I'd imagine Cena will get a rematch at the Rumble. So expect some kind of screwy finish there to keep the belt on Orton. Whose next? Will they feed him Sheamus or Henry or Big Show for a few Easy wins? Maybe a mini fued with Punk or Bryan? On the upside Orton is the only heel main eventer right now. So He has options.

Blog Entries
    I really am bored of Orton. He's even staler than Cena. But why should they care what I think, eh? He's good for business I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I really am bored of Orton. He's even staler than Cena. But why should they care what I think, eh? He's good for business I guess.
    And he's now a 12 times champ. So only one behind Cena....

I really loved Orton as a rising star. Even after he'd peaked I found him entertaining and his matches good to watch. Its not that I'm bored of him now. I just think there's little new about him. When was the last OMG moment involving him? When did he last mix it up with an unusual move or two.

Side note: What is the current score regarding announcer tables and Orton. Including the ones he's failed to put people through and the ones he's gone through himself, isn't he like 7 and 0 (in favour of the tables) in 2013?

tbh, i can see a triple threat match at the royal rumble:

Randy Orton (c) Vs. John Cena Vs. Daniel Bryan

CM Punk wins the rumble. Eliminating Sheamus and Ziggler last (Ziggler has been doing nothing for so long I can see him coming out of nowhere, and Sheamus is due to return)

Making the Elimination chamber:

Orton (c) Vs. Cena Vs. Bryan Vs. Punk Vs. Sheamus Vs. Ziggler

Last two in the chamber go to WM and the other create new fueds.

Ziggler could be replaced with Roman Reigns or Cesaro, depending on if WWE wanna push them earlier then I think they will.

I like Orton. He has stuck to his character for a long time. Slow and methodical, like many snakes. The type to beat you down instead of going straight for the win, but has something in the big to finish you off when he is ready, or when he needs too(RKO).

That said, if he keeps up with how he did yesterday(I found his promos enjoyable, and he seemed to have some fire), and keeps his matches up(vs Bryan last night was great, and probably what they should have had at HIAC), he'll be good.

---

Actually, I think that WWE should keep up with the champion proving night in and night out why he is the champion. Give the champion 20+ minutes a night, for the main event, in non-title matches against different people and just let them go out and wrestle(Like last night, no Authority and all that jazz), WWE would be on to something.

They can check to see who can hack it in the main event, who can put on a good match, control the crowd, etc., etc.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    I like Orton. He has stuck to his character for a long time. Slow and methodical, like many snakes. The type to beat you down instead of going straight for the win, but has something in the big to finish you off when he is ready, or when he needs too(RKO).

That said, if he keeps up with how he did yesterday(I found his promos enjoyable, and he seemed to have some fire), and keeps his matches up(vs Bryan last night was great, and probably what they should have had at HIAC), he'll be good.

---

Actually, I think that WWE should keep up with the champion proving night in and night out why he is the champion. Give the champion 20+ minutes a night, for the main event, in non-title matches against different people and just let them go out and wrestle(Like last night, no Authority and all that jazz), WWE would be on to something.

They can check to see who can hack it in the main event, who can put on a good match, control the crowd, etc., etc.
    Agree on everything!

I see him losing the title at WM.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    I see him losing the title at WM.
    Punk or DB or 'another' taking it off him? I don't see Cena facing Orton at WM.

Blog Entries
    I think Orton will hold the title going into Wrestlemania. Punk or Bryan will win it there I think.
    Cena will be in another big match I think. A tag match with Hogan is rumored. He could even fact Taker. I just don't see him in the World title match.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    And he's now a 12 times champ. So only one behind Cena....

I really loved Orton as a rising star. Even after he'd peaked I found him entertaining and his matches good to watch. Its not that I'm bored of him now. I just think there's little new about him. When was the last OMG moment involving him? When did he last mix it up with an unusual move or two.

Side note: What is the current score regarding announcer tables and Orton. Including the ones he's failed to put people through and the ones he's gone through himself, isn't he like 7 and 0 (in favour of the tables) in 2013?
    Actually 2 behind Cena. Cena got 14.11 WWE & 3 WHC