"Not really" world champions.

In my mind the World Heavyweight championship in WWE should not be counted as an actual "world title." It was a championship created in a wrestling company that already had a legitimate world title, the WWE championship.
    With that being said, Triple H is only a 8 time "world champion," John Cena is 7 time, Randy Orton just became a 6 time, Edge is a 4 time, Undertaker is a 4 time, Kurt Angle is a 4 time(WWE, not including TNA), Shawn Michaels is a 3 time, Batista is a 2 time, Chris Jericho 1, Jeff Hardy 1. Did I miss anyone recent? On the flip side, King Booker...not (he only was one in WCW as Booker T). CM Punk...not. Rey Mysterio...not. Thoughts? Did I miss anyone else?

Chris Benoit...not. I think most of Edge's wins were for thr WWE title.

One point, though - both titles have been used differently, it seems the title that is curently on the Raw brand is the "main" title. Think about it, when the World Heavyweight belt was on Raw, that was apparently the "ultimate prize" and all this, so your point isn't entirely valid. HHH has every right to call himself a 12 time champion, IMHO, because of this. The World Heavyweight belt used to main event PPVs, now it's the WWE belt. It goes around in circles - I don't think anyone on the WWE staff would go with your point - it confuses things.

"I'M AN EIGHT TIME WORLD CHAMPION, AND A 4 TIME WWE CHAMPION!"

The IQ of the average wrestling fan couldnt cope with this information. heheh
    If I can be serious for a minute..

EWNCW - E Wrestling News Championship Wrestling

both titles have world in it so they are both main titles haha

Blog Entries

Exclamation

Actually the World Heavyweight Championship is the old NWA/WCW title, whereas the WWE Title is supposed to represent the WWWF/WWF/WWE World title. The original motive behind the brand split was to actually move to a more Smackdown vs Raw angle, to attempt to recreate and capitalise on the rivalry that was so good for business, ultimately, during the Monday Night Wars. So WWF vs WCW became Smackdown vs Raw. Not exactly of course, but that is how they originally intended for it to be.

Really, what does it matter counting how many times someone was WHC or WWE champ? It always remind me that if they have won it 6 times, then depending on if they're still holding the title, they've still LOST it 5 times!!! FAIL!

I can't help thinking how much it must have messed with your mind when Flair showed up as the 'true' World Champion!

To me it is all about the longevity of how long you hold on to a World Title which means something and if you have it for more than a few months thats when it reall means something check this out......

The last Title reight over 4 months was 2008

WWE Championship

Triple H
    04-27-08 to 11-23-08

Randy Orton
    10-07-07 to 04-27-08

John Cena
    01-29-06 to 06-11-06

John Cena
    04-03-05 to 01-08-06 (Thats Impressive over 9 months)

JBL
    06-27-04 to 04-03-05 (Also Impressive)

Eddie Guerrero
    02-15-04 to 06-27-04

Brock Lesnar
    09-18-03 to 02-15-04

Stone Cold
    04-01-01 to 09-23-01

There is more but it goes back before 2000 which is a few years before the World Heavyweight Title was in WWE

World Title

Batista
    11-26-06 to 04-01-07

Chris Beniot
    03-14-04 to 08-15-04

Thats about it so there you go the only one that stands out to me since there have been 2 WORLD titles is JOHN CENA lol even though he isnt my favorite there you have it thats what builds credible championships long title reigns.
    AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Actually the World Heavyweight Championship is the old NWA/WCW title, whereas the WWE Title is supposed to represent the WWWF/WWF/WWE World title.
    We know where they titles originate from, any WWE fan would remember Booker T holding the Old WCW belt dring the invasion story. The dispute is whether they hold they same prestige or not, which, in my opinion, they do

I guess I never thought of it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Actually the World Heavyweight Championship is the old NWA/WCW title, whereas the WWE Title is supposed to represent the WWWF/WWF/WWE World title. The original motive behind the brand split was to actually move to a more Smackdown vs Raw angle, to attempt to recreate and capitalise on the rivalry that was so good for business, ultimately, during the Monday Night Wars. So WWF vs WCW became Smackdown vs Raw. Not exactly of course, but that is how they originally intended for it to be.

Really, what does it matter counting how many times someone was WHC or WWE champ? It always remind me that if they have won it 6 times, then depending on if they're still holding the title, they've still LOST it 5 times!!! FAIL!

I can't help thinking how much it must have messed with your mind when Flair showed up as the 'true' World Champion!

When HHH had the World Heavyweight belt and JBL had the WWE belt, HHH apparently had the "ultimate prize." It goes in circles, I tell ya.