Fresh Member

Lightbulb The ideal end for Goldust

My idea for the end of Goldust.

He and Cody piss off the authority again and are told, around the rumble, that if they lose the tag titles, Goldust is fired. This leads to everyone to think they lose at 'mania. However they lose at Elimination Chamber. The Raw after, Cody pleads to the authority, similar to Goldust did for Cody. Triple H then says he can have one more chance: Goldust has to beat Cody at 'Mania to keep his job. If Goldust wins however, Cody loses his Job.

It means that at 'Mania you will have a Brother vs Brother and Career vs Career match and WWE cash in on Goldust before the novelty of his nostalgia wears off. Also the situation of Goldust and Cody in the ring at the end of Goldust's career means you get the embraceful goodbye and it will be akin to Flair at '24 and Shawn at '26

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Rose View Post

He and Cody piss off the authority again and are told, around the rumble, that if they lose the tag titles, Goldust is fired. This leads to everyone to think they lose at 'mania. However they lose at Elimination Chamber. The Raw after, Cody pleads to the authority, similar to Goldust did for Cody. Triple H then says he can have one more chance: Goldust has to beat Cody at 'Mania to keep his job. If Goldust wins however, Cody loses his Job.

It means that at 'Mania you will have a Brother vs Brother and Career vs Career match and WWE cash in on Goldust before the novelty of his nostalgia wears off. Also the situation of Goldust and Cody in the ring at the end of Goldust's career means you get the embraceful goodbye and it will be akin to Flair at '24 and Shawn at '26
    I sort of like this idea, but I'd tweak it. I'd rather see Goldust screw Cody, and leave Cody hanging dry in a tag title match against the Uso's or Wyatts or Shield, or some other team deserving of the tag titles. Then it leads to Goldust being this uber heel, going on about how the WWE is only big enough for one Rhodes brother. It leads to a match at WM where the loser is fired from the WWE. It's more of the typical storyline, but I'd be more invested in that, but that is just me

i've been a huge fan since day one of Goldust, and i've been wondering how this will go. i liked him best as the heel/weirdo, but I'm having a hard time seeing Cody as a face. He was getting good chants while he and Sandow were going at it, but got kinda stale since. Obviously he's there to put Cody over in some way. I like both ideas. I was kinda hoping to see a stripped down, "Natural Dustin Rhodes" one more time too. I just want my 3 disc Goldust anthology

Do people even know what stale means anymore or is it just the new go to buzz word?!

Love this idea, I wouldn't change a thing. It's too good so wwe wouldn't do that lol

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Blog Entries

Never happen, but it should.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Do people even know what stale means anymore or is it just the new go to buzz word?!
    They had to switch before jobbing and burial got old... or dare I say... stale?
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    They had to switch before jobbing and burial got old... or dare I say... stale?
    you forgot "Workrate"

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    I like this idea a lot.
    I'll be honest, I don't agree with the majority in thinking that Goldust should turn heel for this storyline. I'd prefer it to be face vs face, or if anyone turns, then Cody should. I think that Goldust is at that stage where he's going to get a pop whatever happens, much like HBK still got cheered for the most part when he was clearly playing a heel on Raw on Monday.

If anyone of them turns, then Cody's your man I think, but having said that, I think that WWE are pushing Cody ever so slightly to be a top guy (at least I can see 2014 being a big year for him), so I can see them pushing him as a face, plus he isn't doing a horrible job as a face at the minute. But I think Goldust vs Cody would work great as a face vs face feud, in the scenario suggested in the OP. Even add Dusty as the special guest referee for the match.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!