Blog Entries

A way to make the Rumble mean more in 2014

Now, the Royal Rumble is truly one of the biggest events on the WWE Calender and one of the most exciting. But it's always to become the number 1 contender to a World Title. So how about, in 2014 (reminisint of the 1992 Rumble) the winner of the Rumble is crowned the Unified Champion of the WWE. How I would go about setting this one up? Easy, since the WWE TLC Unification match has been hot shotted ridiculously early, I would end the TLC PPV with each man grabbing their own belts (or they switch belts) to end the PPV with no decisive winner.

While I would rather we didn't have a 5th PPV in a row end in a screwy finish, it would make sense in the fact the Unification match (which should be the most important match since 2001) has not been built up anywhere near enough. Plus, it would lead into a fantastic and exciting Royal Rumble match which would be dubbed the most important of all time and it wouldn't be between 2 guys that few want at the top of the company. Think of the possibilities from that match (The first real crack in the Shield for one, with Reigns having a big night, perhaps knocking Ambrose out of the ring) and simply the air of unpredictability there would be, with names like Punk, Bryan, Show, Orton, Cena, Ziggler, RVD and Jericho (possibly) having their chance to be crowned the Unified Champion.

In my opinion, that would give this generation their 1992 Rumble, with one man standing tall as the WWE Unified Champion.

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????

I'd like to see this. Devote a nice half of the ppv to the rumble, get some big returns in the mix too. Instead of having 4 people in the world/WWE title match you'd also have those main eventers in the rumble too.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

If this happened, I could easily see Jericho returning at number 30 and winning.

Creative Member of RTE

EWNCW:
    Van Darius

TWE/RTE:

Van Darius:
    *TWE/RTE Champion (9/23/12 - 2/14/14)

IWA:
    Ivan Draymen
    Van Darius
    *IWA Endurance Champion (4/28/13 - 8/4/13)

WWE:
    * Sheamus (US Champion 1/20/13 - )
    * Rob Van Dam

Dream Team Invitational:
    *The Vandals (w/ Van Hooligan X)

Quote Originally Posted by Vandarius View Post
    If this happened, I could easily see Jericho returning at number 30 and winning.
    I very much doubt he would, if this idea was to happen it would be a great oppurtunity to elevate a up and coming superstar not someone who has had his moment. However jericho could return IN the rumble and challenge said wrestler and put them over before wrestlemania possibly

I like the idea, then we can put more importance on the Rumble this year and start the build to WM off on a strong note.

Honestly who knows what will happen at this point, I'm just trying to be patient and see how the chips fall after TLC heading into the Rumble. Hopefully the Rumble keeps its status as a top 3 PPV because Survior Series this year just didn't feel like a top 4 PPV. Hell in a Cell the month before felt like the bigger PPV.

One excellent idea my god that would sell a SHITLOAD of PPVs!!!

Great idea.

I like this mixed with someone else's I saw.

Punk and Bryan interfering, but I'd have more world title contenders interfere. Match ends in chaos - All ladders broken so no one can get it and then people throw each other out of the ring hyping the rumble, then they announce rumble winner to be crowned champ.

Well, it's a nice idea...except everyone would complain if Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were one of the winners.

Perhaps AJ Styles could come in and win it, then run off with it. Have Cena and Orton claim to be the champ and have them all carry a copy of the unified belt, then have a triple threat at Mania with a returning Styles, to which HHH inserts himself into the match and wins with Hogan's help to become the Undisputed Undisputed Undisputed Champion of the Universe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Perhaps AJ Styles could come in and win it, then run off with it. Have Cena and Orton claim to be the champ and have them all carry a copy of the unified belt, then have a triple threat at Mania with a returning Styles, to which HHH inserts himself into the match and wins with Hogan's help to become the Undisputed Undisputed Undisputed Champion of the Universe.
    4/10, simply for the lack of Charles Robinson and Ultimate Warrior races down the 8000m long ramp set up.

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????