Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Sofall leagues are brilliant. The hardest thing about baseball is hitting the god damn ball so making the ball bigger and making them throw underhand in like sunday lleagues or whatever makes you feel like not absolute garbage about your hitting ability.

Though I have tried to hit a real softballers pitches before and that is equally if not more annoying.
    Yeah in rounders the bat is also rounded, but a lot shorter than a baseball bat, I'd say the bat is about the same size as from the tip of your elbow to the top of your hand. But in primary school they let us use wooden paddle like bats as an alternative if we weren't comfortable using the rounded bat. And we played with a tennis ball, though not sure if that's the 'official' ball that one uses for the game.

Now that I think more about it, I wish we had softball leagues or a rounders leagues around here, would be great to do that in the summer, and it's way more exciting than cricket.

Blog Entries
    There are rounders leagues (at least certainly in the midlands).

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    So true.

When's your next game, Des?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Yeah in rounders the bat is also rounded, but a lot shorter than a baseball bat, I'd say the bat is about the same size as from the tip of your elbow to the top of your hand. But in primary school they let us use wooden paddle like bats as an alternative if we weren't comfortable using the rounded bat. And we played with a tennis ball, though not sure if that's the 'official' ball that one uses for the game.

Now that I think more about it, I wish we had softball leagues or a rounders leagues around here, would be great to do that in the summer, and it's way more exciting than cricket.
    I've thought about joining a softball league for the banter. It is actually good fun plus it feels pretty freaking great to smack that ball haha.

I also know very little about cricket. I heard it is a lot like baseball so I've never really cared to look into it that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Benny, the fountain of knowledge.
    #HugLife

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Oh really? If they are around this way then they're certainly not that well publicised or advertised.

I've thought about joining a softball league for the banter. It is actually good fun plus it feels pretty freaking great to smack that ball haha.

I also know very little about cricket. I heard it is a lot like baseball so I've never really cared to look into it that much.

Benny, the fountain of knowledge.
    The ball used in softball is pretty satisfying to hit to be fair

Cricket's not really similar to baseball. At least, it's not as similar as rounders or softball is to it.

Blog Entries
    Oh really? If they are around this way then they're certainly not that well publicised or advertised.

The ball used in softball is pretty satisfying to hit to be fair

Cricket's not really similar to baseball. At least, it's not as similar as rounders or softball is to it.
    I mean softball is essentially baseball with a different ball and a different method of pitching the ball haha

Is Rounders just based off of baseball then? Very similarly to Softball in that sense?
    #HugLife

Blog Entries
    I mean softball is essentially baseball with a different ball and a different method of pitching the ball haha

Is Rounders just based off of baseball then? Very similarly to Softball in that sense?
    Yeah I would assume that it's a spin off of baseball/softball.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I would assume that it's a spin off of baseball/softball.
    I feel like I need to play this game at some point in my life but none of my friends would play it because it would be more difficult than playing baseball.

Do you guys play kickball over in the UK? That was the shit when you were a kid over here. haha
    #HugLife

Cricket isn't anything like baseball (except they are both mind crushingly boring) the only good thing about cricket is going to see it live and seeing how pissed you can get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Cricket isn't anything like baseball (except they are both mind crushingly boring) the only good thing about cricket is going to see it live and seeing how pissed you can get.
    Lol it sounds like you watch sports right.
    #HugLife