Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    All the people thinking "young guys like Punk and Bryan", must be forgetting they aren't THAT young either, lol.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Going with the wait and see approach with this.

I'd like an Option 5 - "No. It's just not a good idea to Unify the titles." Unifying the titles severly handicaps the WWE's abilitiy to craft PPVs and build new stars. The WHC acts like the Intercontinental title did in the 90s. It's the only other title with credibility, and is the most obtainable title for rising mid-card stars to set out for, when they aren't yet primed for the WWE title. The WHC also automatically adds an additional main event type match to any PPV card. So Wrestlemania will only have 1 major title defended (if they unify before it)? Seems kinda shitty.

Aside from its rich history, it feels like a different title. It's the wrestler's title, not the entertainer's title. There are just too many guys on the roster to limit the Top Prizes to 1. I really don't like the idea.

And yes. I think Cena vs Orton is a travesty. It's a step 5 years back in the wrong direction. It's a slap in the face to the roster and the fans. This probably sounds dramatic, but honestly, the main event scene is currently The Big Show, HHH, John Cena, and Randy Orton. It's like upper management doesn't learn anything and is just incapable of putting trust in anyone new. Ziggler and Sandow are seemingly very far away from the WHC picture, Bryan and Punk are out of the WWE Title picture. It's ridiculous. I'm a very very dedicated WWE fan, and these past few months are testing my dedication BIG TIME.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

I think there's more need to split the brands further rather than unify the titles, there doesn't seem to be an option to vote for sanity though so I abstain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    If the plan here is to indeed unify the WH and the WWE championships, then I don't want to see it. I think both titles serve a purpose and are needed.

As for the program, I'll give it a chance to impress me first.
    ^^^ This... All of this.
    #BeJelly

Wait! Here is an option no one has said just yet. What if the storyline is simply about proving who is the true elite guy and not actually unifying both World Title? Hhhmmmmmm.....

A STAR WAS BORN!!!! #ThankYouBrock

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    I really don't care...
    anything that has to do with cena just please take it off my computer screen...

I think it's all good. They're obviously pushing to make the IC title mean more and the tag titles. The US title is a bit of a waste right now unless they make it like the old European belt. Eddie Guerrero held that title then the IC then the WWE. this all makes for old skool builds in my opinion. They should definitely unify the belts. Orton is victorious at the Royal Rumble, Punk wins the rumble and Daniel Bryan or someone more exciting thanOrton takes the WWE title at Elimination Chamber
    The Ballad of Owen Hart: "Which one do I pull? Aaahhhh!"

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    I'd like an Option 5 - "No. It's just not a good idea to Unify the titles." Unifying the titles severly handicaps the WWE's abilitiy to craft PPVs and build new stars. The WHC acts like the Intercontinental title did in the 90s. It's the only other title with credibility, and is the most obtainable title for rising mid-card stars to set out for, when they aren't yet primed for the WWE title. The WHC also automatically adds an additional main event type match to any PPV card. So Wrestlemania will only have 1 major title defended (if they unify before it)? Seems kinda shitty.

Aside from its rich history, it feels like a different title. It's the wrestler's title, not the entertainer's title. There are just too many guys on the roster to limit the Top Prizes to 1. I really don't like the idea.

And yes. I think Cena vs Orton is a travesty. It's a step 5 years back in the wrong direction. It's a slap in the face to the roster and the fans. This probably sounds dramatic, but honestly, the main event scene is currently The Big Show, HHH, John Cena, and Randy Orton. It's like upper management doesn't learn anything and is just incapable of putting trust in anyone new. Ziggler and Sandow are seemingly very far away from the WHC picture, Bryan and Punk are out of the WWE Title picture. It's ridiculous. I'm a very very dedicated WWE fan, and these past few months are testing my dedication BIG TIME.
    At this point all the WHC did was keep everyone in a bubble. It'll be easier to put younger talents over if they're actually mingling with them and not segregated on an entire tier below them.

The problem with the WHC is that WWE can't decide whether it's a main event title or a midcard title, so they try to have their cake and eat it too and have it be both. Like you said, its given to rising midcard stars who aren't ready for the WWE Title. But midcarders should not just be given World Titles. They should be built up with non title programs with main event level stars to show that they CAN hang with the top level talents, THEN they should get a chance to have the WWE Championship.

A wrestler's first world title win should be the biggest moment of their career, not a stepping stone to bigger things. They give the titles to the people that they deem are "good, but not good enough". And it just makes it seem like they're only a world champion on paper, while not truly being given the ball. I'd rather see a guy like Ziggler or Sandow have a non-title feud with John Cena than carry the World Heavyweight Title only to feud with other midcarders like Swagger or Cesaro. Like you said, the World Title is like the old IC Title. Which means that if we still had two titles, those guys you said would be hogging the main event would still be hogging the WWE Title scene, while the World Title would be given to everyone else. And you would just be upset that Bryan or Punk aren't competing for the WWE Title, the true top prize of the company. They've already held the WHC and it would be a step down for them to go back to it.

I get that no one wants to see Cena vs. Orton, but at least they're getting it out of the way now. I think that after Cena or Orton unify the belts, they'll let someone like Bryan win the Royal Rumble and finally win the belt at WrestleMania.

WWE needs to ultimately decide who is a main eventer and who is a midcarder. No more going halfsies on it with these "pseudo main eventer" types. If WWE made their midcard matter, it wouldn't be such a shameful thing to be a midcarder. WWE ruined the concept o0f a midcard and conditioned you to think that "midcarder = jobber". That's why they needed the WHC around for years after the Brand Split ended. The World Heavyweight Title basically allows WWE to pretend that midcarders are main eventers because they don't know how to book a midcard anymore. They think they need to present a guy as a "top" talent in order to get him over and have him be taken seriously.

Blog Entries
    As far as they saying they isn't unifying the titles... so both belts will be kept separate....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???