Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 383
  1. #61
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    7,463
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    Nate Grey is an alternate version of Cable, but more bad-ass, he died before and came back though.. that is a good counter point to my selection.. It's always cool to see other point of views..

    edit: also the AOA storyline pushed Nate Grey as the greatest mutant too, so that is very valid, I wonder if anybody else has any opinions with other mutants too, because there are no right or wrong answer in opinion, and i would love to see other peoples thoughts..
    I kind of forgot about Franklin, that dude could be more powerful than Nate was/is? But Nate was my boy, and I was shocked to learn that he died. Onslaught would have been my choice, but he was kind of a creation of the mind's of Eric and Charles rather than a mutant, wasn't he?

    Did you ever read any Generation-X? Most of those characters never really 'made it' did they?
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

    #FreeBodom

     

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    I have the one off. That story with Wild Child and 'Tooth was feral, and the artwork in the Colossus story where he just gave up was particularly insightfull. The six part mini series was decent, but not a patch on the original mega series!

    Ive been buying all my X-men comics on E-Bay, but I buy TPB's when possible. The rise and fall of the Shiar Empire was off the hook and easily the best Shiar/Spacejammers story I've read. That Phoenix sword was too cool for words.
    Never really followed the mythology stuff for some reason but I've always been a mark for Herc and Thor, and now Ares! Most of the stories I've read with them have been Avenger related.

    Did you just say Daken decapitated the Punisher?!?!? Frank Castle? Shit!!!

    Have you read Wanted? That wasn't too bad at all, and it was completely different from the movie.

    Also, Kingdom Come

    PS. What's Shadowland about?
    Yeah the fall of the Shi'ar was hands down the best (as the Starjammers were too 70's looking for me in these days), plus there's Vulcan (need I explain more on how cool he was, I didnt think so lol).. Ares is great, another character that I was sad to see killed off (he was torn in half smh), I really wanted a longer series with him and his relationship with his son Phobos.. Oh they couldve done so much with that (damn it).. And yes, Daken killed the Punisher, it was one of the most visually brutal fights ive seen from Marvel.. Wanted, Ive read synopsis' on it from other people on other websites that I go on, and Kingdom Come happened during a time when I wouldnt give DC a chance (unless it was Lobo or Batman), so I never got to read up about that, but a lot speak on Kingdom Come to this day, and I may just fork over the money to check it out (since you pointed it out).. Now to Shadowland, Shadowland in a nutshell is basically the destruction of Daredevil, he takes over the Hand ninja clan, ends up being corrupted and then starts his killing spree(which he never done before in his comic career, kill that is), a group of superheroes come together (Heroes 4 Hire, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider) to try and save Daredevil, but its too late, his body has been taken over by an ancient demon also while having a gang war with Mr Negative (chinese villain from spiderman comics).. The series isnt over for me yet (I havent read all of it yet)so I cant tell you what else has happened until I get to it, but thats basically it in a nutshell
    Last edited by samoan619; 03-26-2011 at 05:58 AM.



    MARVEL > EVERYTHING

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
    My favourites are, Ben 10, Thomas the tank engine, and... Wait for it... The telly tubbies! Lol. It's what I read my boys every week!

    No seriously, spiderman for me.
    Hahahaha, appreciate you sharing with us Leggo, Spiderman is a definitely a solid fixture in the comic world..

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    I have been writing PBS and Marvel for years to get a Spiderman vs. Telly Tubbies cross over.
    I can see it now, Mr. Negative turns Tellytubbyland into the Negative Zone, (insert Spidey here) lolol



    MARVEL > EVERYTHING

  4. #64
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    7,463
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    Yeah the fall of the Shi'ar was hands down the best (as the Starjammers were too 70's looking for me in these days), plus there's Vulcan (need I explain more on how cool he was, I didnt think so lol).. Ares is great, another character that I was sad to see killed off (he was torn in half smh), I really wanted a longer series with him and his relationship with his son Phobos.. Oh they couldve done so much with that (damn it).. And yes, Daken killed the Punisher, it was one of the most visually brutal fights ive seen from Marvel.. Wanted, Ive read synopsis' on it from other people on other websites that I go on, and Kingdom Come happened during a time when I wouldnt give DC a chance (unless it was Lobo or Batman), so I never got to read up about that, but a lot speak on Kingdom Come to this day, and I may just fork over the money to check it out (since you pointed it out).. Now to Shadowland, Shadowland in a nutshell is basically the destruction of Daredevil, he takes over the Hand ninja clan, ends up being corrupted and then starts his killing spree(which he never done before in his comic career, kill that is), a group of superheroes come together (Heroes 4 Hire, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider) to try and save Daredevil, but its too late, his body has been taken over by an ancient demon also while having a gang war with Mr Negative (chinese villain from spiderman comics).. The series isnt over yet so I cant tell you what else has happened but thats basically it in a nutshell
    That's some crazy character development right there for
    Matt Murdock! I may actually get that, in TPB form, as it really sounds interesting. You have to get KC and start collecting the Y the last man Volumes one to ten. Seriously, it's such a refreshing tale that had me wanting more! I literally bought all of them within two weeks (fast for me).
    The ascension in the Marvel heroes ranks of the Heroes 4 Hire has pleased me as well. Luke Cage has become more than I ever thought he could.
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 03-26-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

    #FreeBodom

     

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    That's some crazy character development right there for
    Matt Murdock! I may actually get that, in TPB form, as it really sounds interesting. You have to get KC and start collecting the Y the last man Volumes one to ten. Seriously, it's such a refreshing tale that had me wanting more! I literally bought all of them within two weeks (fast for me).
    The ascension in the Marvel heroes ranks of the Heroes 4 Hire, Luke Cage has become more than I ever thought he could.
    I will do and after I check it out, you know ill hit ya profile up and tell you my experience with it all.. I know you wont lead me astray... You know they really have put an emphasis on Cage and Iron Fist, they are now front-runners in the Marvel Universe (very essential to everything that's going on), I did an edit to my Shadowland post, I haven't finished the storyline yet because sometimes I'll stop reading a series for a little while because I dont want it to end yet lol (because its so good).. But me explaining everything basically tells me im ready to finish it up..



    MARVEL > EVERYTHING

  6. #66
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    7,463
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    I will do and after I check it out, you know ill hit ya profile up and tell you my experience with it all.. I know you wont lead me astray... You know they really have put an emphasis on Cage and Iron Fist, they are now front-runners in the Marvel Universe (very essential to everything that's going on), I did an edit to my Shadowland post, I haven't finished the storyline yet because sometimes I'll stop reading a series for a little while because I dont want it to end yet lol (because its so good).. But me explaining everything basically tells me im ready to finish it up..
    I love the fact there are endings to Marvels story arcs these days, and they seem to seamlessly weave into one another, as opposed to just throwing a load of random stories at the viewer. It gives things an almost movie like feel to things.
    I just finished Lobo reading portrait of a Bastich. For an oldie it was a nice little read and it had some interesting extras, such as his school portfolios which were hilarious!

    I know you've played Marvel Alliance 2, who was your favourite to play with? Mine was Deadpool, by a large margin!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

    #FreeBodom

     

  7. #67
    Black Ninja! HeelTurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    5,622
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post

    I know you've played Marvel Alliance 2, who was your favourite to play with? Mine was Deadpool, by a large margin!
    Sorry to butt in lol but I loved Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, I used Thor a lot, especially for the hardest difficulty.

  8. #68
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    7,463
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Sorry to butt in lol but I loved Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, I used Thor a lot, especially for the hardest difficulty.
    Butt in? Dont be silly bruv, you was one of the only other big comic fans who commented on my thread....

    Yeah, Thor was a beast in that game, but Storm was crazy powerful! I also liked Magneto as it was with him that I got Carnage's alternate costume (which was haaard).

    Did you ever read Killing Joke?
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

    #FreeBodom

     

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    I love the fact there are endings to Marvels story arcs these days, and they seem to seamlessly weave into one another, as opposed to just throwing a load of random stories at the viewer. It gives things an almost movie like feel to things.
    I just finished Lobo reading portrait of a Bastich. For an oldie it was a nice little read and it had some interesting extras, such as his school portfolios which were hilarious!

    I know you've played Marvel Alliance 2, who was your favourite to play with? Mine was Deadpool, by a large margin!
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, my starting 4 were Green Goblin, Deadpool, Iron Fist, and The Cap



    MARVEL > EVERYTHING

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Butt in? Dont be silly bruv, you was one of the only other big comic fans who commented on my thread....

    Yeah, Thor was a beast in that game, but Storm was crazy powerful! I also liked Magneto as it was with him that I got Carnage's alternate costume (which was haaard).

    Did you ever read Killing Joke?
    He's definitely not butting in, the more the merrier I say... More conversational fodder for the thread.. Now Killing Joke lol, Ive read that, and the punchline to that is Batgirl lol.. Such a low-brow joke, but I have my times lol..



    MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.