Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    Yeah, the Dark Knight movies are great, actually let me rephrase that, they are amazing.. Imma big fan of the Cap, but the outfit looks so corny in the movie.. Thor looks awesome, I think Idris Elba makes Heimdall look intimidating (a skin color change doesn't bother me one bit).. I havent seen anything for X-Men First Class yet (im gonna look for some previews tonight), and Im actually looking forward to the Green Lantern film (Im just hoping its about the Blackest Night rather than an origin).. Also Im hoping the new Conan movie will be great, Ive seen a preview at the theatres yesterday and it had me wanting more (they didnt show too much)..
    I wonder if the next Batman will be able to live up to the huge expectations put on it. I have a lot of confidence in Christopher Nolan, he is probably my favorite movie director right now.

Yeah, I do not like the Captain America uniform either. The best thing that movie has going for it is the supporting cast. I could not think of a better Red Skull than Hugo Weaving. He played agent Smith in the Matrix (my avatar). Tommy Lee Jones is also in the movie.

I hope they do not mess up Conan. The original movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger is a classic. I think that was one of the first R rated movies I saw as a child and I loved it even back then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    I wonder if the next Batman will be able to live up to the huge expectations put on it. I have a lot of confidence in Christopher Nolan, he is probably my favorite movie director right now.

Yeah, I do not like the Captain America uniform either. The best thing that movie has going for it is the supporting cast. I could not think of a better Red Skull than Hugo Weaving. He played agent Smith in the Matrix (my avatar). Tommy Lee Jones is also in the movie.

I hope they do not mess up Conan. The original movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger is a classic. I think that was one of the first R rated movies I saw as a child and I loved it even back then.
    I dont think we'll have to worry too much about the Dark Knight franchise, I think its in good hands(Ive heard they got Johnny Depp in the lineup).. And Im REALLY hoping that they dont mess up the Cap (with a supporting cast like that, Im starting to feel a lot better about the whole thing), cause he's so bad-ass in the books, that was another one that hurt me when they killed him off (of course that didnt last long, but now we have a new Cap and Steve Rogers is running things ala Nick Fury style).. Just saw the First Class preview that Androo posted, and wow that gave me goosebumps just watching it.. All I gotta do is wait for more on Conan, I can tell you they picked a vicious looking Conan, so he's not some weakling pretty boy playing the part.. By Krom, he looks like a Sumerian lol.

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Right, I'm back home from work, so hopefully I'll be able to post something that doesn't have glaring mistakes!

Side note: trying to post and drive a forklift at the same time is nigh on impossible, and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Right, I have to share a bit of the history I have with comics....

I first started reading them around 1994, and I bought comics every Friday for the next five or so years. That ended after I sort of grew out of them (?) and began to focus on my music. Not to mention they were taking up so much space that it made it impossible to keep dragging them around with me everytime I moved house (or room, as it were). But a couple of years ago I finally got a house of my own, and once I bought some shelves to put my much treasured comics on display, I instantly fell back in love with them. Being a completionist (much like you, Mr Ape), I've basically had to start reading them all again. My comic of choice is X-Men (and the rest of their wonderful universe), and I've began reading them in order from Uncanny X-Men 201. I've since read about 15 years worth of the X-Men universe and I've got about another ten years worth before I catch up.
    But, The X-Men are not the only comics that I've been having an affair with, as I've also been catching up with many of the original Image comics, such as, The Savage Dragon, Spawn, WildCATS, Youngblood, The Maxx and many more (DV8 & Gen13 FTW). On top of that I've been reading all the amazing Marvel crossover event's, which have been so good, and yes Sau, the Hulk graphic novels you mentioned were great, Planet Hulk and it's precursor World War Hulk have been by far the best pieces of work featuring the Green Goliath. I have the first three volumes of the Red Hulk saga, that feature the amazing work of Ed McGuinness, but they just haven't grabbed me like the two previously mentioned TPB's did.
    I haven't mentioned my love for a good Batman story either, and being a guy who has to know it all, I've been reading Batman TPB's in chronological order, starting with Batman: year one (by the Comic God himself, Frank Miller).
    A few other titles I've enjoyed since rediscovering my passion for comics are: Bomb Queen (Chicks sick!!) The Boys (I RECCOMEND THIS TITLE TO ANYONE), Preacher (Just... Pure... Platinum) and Y the Last Man.

Whew! I'm sure I missed a lot out, but thats basically the comics I love.

PS. I forgot to mention Deadpool.... How could I?
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?
    You can choke on a big bag of dicks, good sir.

#FreeBodom

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Right, I'm back home from work, so hopefully I'll be able to post something that doesn't have glaring mistakes!

Side note: trying to post and drive a forklift at the same time is nigh on impossible, and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Right, I have to share a bit of the history I have with comics....

I first started reading them around 1994, and I bought comics every Friday for the next five or so years. That ended after I sort of grew out of them (?) and began to focus on my music. Not to mention they were taking up so much space that it made it impossible to keep dragging them around with me everytime I moved house (or room, as it were). But a couple of years ago I finally got a house of my own, and once I bought some shelves to put my much treasured comics on display, I instantly fell back in love with them. Being a completionist (much like you, Mr Ape), I've basically had to start reading them all again. My comic of choice is X-Men (and the rest of their wonderful universe), and I've began reading them in order from Uncanny X-Men 201. I've since read about 15 years worth of the X-Men universe and I've got about another ten years worth before I catch up.
    But, The X-Men are not the only comics that I've been having an affair with, as I've also been catching up with many of the original Image comics, such as, The Savage Dragon, Spawn, WildCATS, Youngblood, The Maxx and many more (DV8 & Gen13 FTW). On top of that I've been reading all the amazing Marvel crossover event's, which have been so good, and yes Sau, the Hulk graphic novels you mentioned were great, Planet Hulk and it's precursor World War Hulk have been by far the best pieces of work featuring the Green Goliath. I have the first three volumes of the Red Hulk saga, that feature the amazing work of Ed McGuinness, but they just haven't grabbed me like the two previously mentioned TPB's did.
    I haven't mentioned my love for a good Batman story either, and being a guy who has to know it all, I've been reading Batman TPB's in chronological order, starting with Batman: year one (by the Comic God himself, Frank Miller).
    A few other titles I've enjoyed since rediscovering my passion for comics are: Bomb Queen (Chicks sick!!) The Boys (I RECCOMEND THIS TITLE TO ANYONE), Preacher (Just... Pure... Platinum) and Y the Last Man.

Whew! I'm sure I missed a lot out, but thats basically the comics I love.

PS. I forgot to mention Deadpool.... How could I?
    Oh yeah Image is awesome, especially when they first started in the 90's, they just oozed cool.. And when you catch up on the X-Men, its gonna be shocking, Cyclops has taken Mutantkind through a whole lot, he had to make a lot of crazy decisions that had major repercussions (death of Nightcrawler for instance, sorry no more spoilers, I dont want to ruin it for u lol).. But its crazy to see what happened to all the mutants and how they became nomadic, oh i better stop, i can type a whole novel about what happened with the X-Men lolol.. Just trust me, they thrown me a lot of curveballs (and some great ones too) with these Marvel storylines thus far..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah Image is awesome, especially when they first started in the 90's, they just oozed cool.. And when you catch up on the X-Men, its gonna be shocking, Cyclops has taken Mutantkind through a whole lot, he had to make a lot of crazy decisions that had major repercussions (death of Nightcrawler for instance, sorry no more spoilers, I dont want to ruin it for u lol).. But its crazy to see what happened to all the mutants and how they became nomadic, oh i better stop, i can type a whole novel about what happened with the X-Men lolol.. Just trust me, they thrown me a lot of curveballs (and some great ones too) with these Marvel storylines thus far..
    I basically know the lowdown up until the Messiah Complex, and am aware of the Necrosis storyline. I have a long way to go (just finished Operration Zero Tollerance, so,in fact, I'm like 13 years away from the present!), but I just need to know wtf is going on!

House of M was the second TPB I purchased after MC, and that was a whole different level of awesome!

AOA?

Bodom is our John Cena.
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain

#FreeBodom

I basically know the lowdown up until the Messiah Complex, and am aware of the Necrosis storyline. I have a long way to go (just finished Operration Zero Tollerance, so,in fact, I'm like 13 years away from the present!), but I just need to know wtf is going on!

House of M was the second TPB I purchased after MC, and that was a whole different level of awesome!

AOA?
    Yeah that Scarlet Witch, she fucked a whole lot of things up lol, but I like what they're doing, I really do.. Age of Apocalypse was craaaaaaazy in the mid 90's, I just didnt like how they made Sabretooth look on there.. They had a one off in recent years that tells more into the story of how things happened.. The most recent X-Force story is really crazy too, plus Wolverine's black and grey outfit is my favorite out of all of his costumes.. And since you're pretty much up on everything, Daken, Wolvie's son has a great storyline going on right now (it's actually my favorite subscription right now, well that and shadowland)..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Blog Entries
    Yeah that Scarlet Witch, she fucked a whole lot of things up lol, but I like what they're doing, I really do.. Age of Apocalypse was craaaaaaazy in the mid 90's, I just didnt like how they made Sabretooth look on there.. They had a one off in recent years that tells more into the story of how things happened.. The most recent X-Force story is really crazy too, plus Wolverine's black and grey outfit is my favorite out of all of his costumes.. And since you're pretty much up on everything, Daken, Wolvie's son has a great storyline going on right now (it's actually my favorite subscription right now, well that and shadowland)..
    I have everything regarding AoA. Nothing has made me mark more than that there story. Nothing... But what is this one off thing, I may have missed that one?

I read a catch up comic I downloaded on to my iPhone of Wolverine Origins which summed up the first fifty issues or so, so I kinda know Daken's story but haven't really seen much of him in an actual comic. But, really though, how fucking cool is that. A son!!

The first six episodes of X-Force was sick. Love Warpath, and him being a fully fledged X-Man was one of the better things I found upon my return the the ComicWorld!

Also. X-23

Bodom is our John Cena.
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    I have everything regarding AoA. Nothing has made me mark more than that there story. Nothing... But what is this one off thing, I may have missed that one?

I read a catch up comic I downloaded on to my iPhone of Wolverine Origins which summed up the first fifty issues or so, so I kinda know Daken's story but haven't really seen much of him in an actual comic. But, really though, how fucking cool is that. A son!!

The first six episodes of X-Force was sick. Love Warpath, and him being a fully fledged X-Man was one of the better things I found upon my return the the ComicWorld!

Also. X-23
    Also, don't worry about spoilers. They'll just spur me on to read/buy a bit faster!

Bodom is our John Cena.
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain

#FreeBodom

Also. X-23
    Basically the one-off, told little tidbits to explain and make sense of things that happened AOA, i.e. how Sabretooth and Wild Child connected, how the world survived a nuclear apocalypse, things along that manner... I actually need to find that book and read it again, cause the more I type about it, it makes me miss when i first started reading it.. Now the House of M, really made my blood boil, because Scarlet Witch basically fucked everything up and mutantkind would never be the same again, but to counter that it was great to see a world ran by Magneto, it really was.. You'd probably like to check out the Chaos War Dead X-Men books too, Warpath plays a major part in it all.. Also on a sidenote, if your up on your Greek mythology, then Incredible Hercules is an amazing series too, especially in the Chaos War (that I forementioned) and all the major cross over stories since the Invasion.. Hercules is a total bad-ass and his partner Amadeus Cho is a good mix between a chauvenistic God and smart mouthed genius, one of my favorite reads of all time.. Then back to Daken, a fast way to catch up with him would be the Wolverin Origins graphic novels, it takes away the tedious search and order system of buying it comic for comic.. But Daken's accomplished a lot in his short time in the Marvel Universe, well for one instance he killed the Punisher, literally cut him limb from limb and finally decapitating him.. X-23 is one of the few that I havent subscribed to, but im planning on buying her graphic novels when they come, I did the same with the recent Iron Fist Series (saved $$ on subscriptions and still got the whole story plus some cool extras that come along wit the novels)

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

With all crazy specific circumstances aside, who do you think is the most powerful mutant in the history of the Marvel universe or at least what you have read of it?