Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    I might have to check that game out, but to tell the truth I'm not a massive gamer, as I just don't have the rime.

Jamie Hewlett?
    Tank Girl, Gorillaz art, and my personal favorite Monkey: A Journey to the West ( I really like the dark animalistic tones to his art)

Also, I was more pushing towards people checking out the Noir series rather than play the game, its just a visual example to reel them in..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    Tank Girl, Gorillaz art, and my personal favorite Monkey: A Journey to the West ( I really like the dark animalistic tones to his art)

Also, I was more pushing towards people checking out the Noir series rather than play the game, its just a visual example to reel them in..
    I was planning on getting X-Men Noir. Just haven't got around to it. Did you ever read the Silver Surfer one shot with the art done by Claudio Castenilli? That was a piece of brilliance that had me 'marvelling' at every page!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

I was planning on getting X-Men Noir. Just haven't got around to it. Did you ever read the Silver Surfer one shot with the art done by Claudio Castenilli? That was a piece of brilliance that had me 'marvelling' at every page!
    You know what, I really wasnt into the Silver Surfer, he is one of the few I never collected or even bought the novels (a few others are Nova, Quasar, Black Panther, the Power Pack, and Blade) .. But I am a fan of Galactus, Thanos, Eternity, The Watcher, The Inhumans, and Kree and Skrull characters (I mentioned them because I just noticed that most of the major characters I didnt collect were from space)... But I can definitely vouch for any Noir story..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Blog Entries
    You know what, I really wasnt into the Silver Surfer, he is one of the few I never collected or even bought the novels (a few others are Nova, Quasar, Black Panther, the Power Pack, and Blade) .. But I am a fan of Galactus, Thanos, Eternity, The Watcher, The Inhumans, and Kree and Skrull characters (I mentioned them because I just noticed that most of the major characters I didnt collect were from space)... But I can definitely vouch for any Noir story..
    I love the Surfer, but it was his 'world' what made me stick around. All round Avenger beaters like Drax, Terrax, Morg and those you mentioned were fascinating to me back in the day. I've got my eye on a few recent sagas, (Annihilation ect) but it looks like a big task. I guess the cosmic lot are to me what the greek mythology stuff is to you lol

The Infinity Gauntlet, War and Crusade were particular favourites, with Gauntlet being the best of the series. Adam Warlock, Pip the Troll, Gammora, Moondragon and Drax were deep! With the gems, no one could take them!

What Alan Moore stuff have you read?

I love the Surfer, but it was his 'world' what made me stick around. All round Avenger beaters like Drax, Terrax, Morg and those you mentioned were fascinating to me back in the day. I've got my eye on a few recent sagas, (Annihilation ect) but it looks like a big task. I guess the cosmic lot are to me what the greek mythology stuff is to you lol

The Infinity Gauntlet, War and Crusade were particular favourites, with Gauntlet being the best of the series. Adam Warlock, Pip the Troll, Gammora, Moondragon and Drax were deep! With the gems, no one could take them!

What Alan Moore stuff have you read?
    Yeah I think so, LOL I like the mythology characters weaved into the Marvel Universe as you are a Cosmic being lol(I actually have the 2010 Marvel Encyclopedial, which tells detailed synopsises of everything from the beginning to 2010, and I mean everything, I read it page for page about 5 times, so im pretty much up on what happened in the cosmic stories that youve mentioned, I just didnt collect them), my brother loved the space stuff.. Adam Warlock,Drax, Moondragon (if i recall she sacrificed herself and changed to protect sumthin, I forgot) He even has The Death of Captain Marvel, and there's also this recent story called the War of Kings, that deals with the kings of the different planets all battle... Now with Moore, Im familiar with the Killing Joke, The Watchmen, V for Vendetta (the bigger DC graphic novel works), Jack The Ripper From Hell and he's really popular at Comic-Con San Diego (as the line to see him is always one of the largest)... Ive also read up on his work with the Occult and black magic, He's a real interesting character not just for comics but in life itself..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Blog Entries
    Yeah I think so, LOL I like the mythology characters weaved into the Marvel Universe as you are a Cosmic being lol(I actually have the 2010 Marvel Encyclopedial, which tells detailed synopsises of everything from the beginning to 2010, and I mean everything, I read it page for page about 5 times, so im pretty much up on what happened in the cosmic stories that youve mentioned, I just didnt collect them), my brother loved the space stuff.. Adam Warlock,Drax, Moondragon (if i recall she sacrificed herself and changed to protect sumthin, I forgot) He even has The Death of Captain Marvel, and there's also this recent story called the War of Kings, that deals with the kings of the different planets all battle... Now with Moore, Im familiar with the Killing Joke, The Watchmen, V for Vendetta (the bigger DC graphic novel works), Jack The Ripper From Hell and he's really popular at Comic-Con San Diego (as the line to see him is always one of the largest)... Ive also read up on his work with the Occult and black magic, He's a real interesting character not just for comics but in life itself..
    San Diego comic con eh? I've heard great things about that thing! It's always advertised in Wizard as the place to be regarding announcements and such. I go to a Movie/Anime/Comic fair about twice a year called MGM, and Warren Elis was there the last time I went, but the que was massive!!

Yeah, Moore is out there all right, he's also one of my favourites of all time! But, Y'know, I've never read V for Vendetta, I guess I'm slacking there! Some of my favourite work of his is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a far cry from movie, the TPB's are fantastic! As is the Marvel 1602 worlds, of which I've read the original series, but haven't had a chance to check out the Fantastsic Four 1602 series. If you haven't read that you should add it to your to read list!
    I also had my eye on King of Kings, as I believe it has some connection to Annihilation.... God, I'm loving playing catch up! Marvel have been smashing it since I've been gone.

Frank Miller (everything) and Grant Morrisons X-Men are your next topics lol
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 03-27-2011 at 02:34 PM.

San Diego comic con eh? I've heard great things about that thing! It's always advertised in Wizard as the place to be regarding announcements and such. I go to a Movie/Anime/Comic fair about twice a year called MGM, and Warren Elis was there the last time I went, but the que was massive!!

Yeah, Moore is out there all right, he's also one of my favourites of all time! But, Y'know, I've never read V for Vendetta, I guess I'm slacking there! Some of my favourite work of his is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a far cry from movie, the TPB's are fantastic! As is the Marvel 1602 worlds, of which I've read the original series, but haven't had a chance to check out the Fantastsic Four 1602 series. If you haven't read that you should add it to your to read list!
    I also had my eye on King of Kings, as I believe it has some connection to Annihilation.... God, I'm loving playing catch up! Marvel have been smashing it since I've been gone.

Frank Miller (everything) and Grant Morrisons X-Men are your next topics lol
    Yeah San Diego Comic-Con is something I havent missed for the past 7 years (even when I lived in LA, and SF, I always made sure I was back for Comic-Con).. And Frank Miller, Sin City, 300, The Man Without Fear, Dark Knight(cant forget about the Spawn and Batman graphic novel), and the list goes on, he would have to be in top 5 of all time.. His contributions to comics itself is up to par with Moore... Grant Morrison, I loved his Skrull Kill Krew (I like the Skrull stories, especially the Kill Krew and how everyone became superpowered by eating the meat of the Cow-Skrulls, I bought it in the 90s, and I the bought the most recent and biggest turnaround of the series as of lately).. Now to his X-Men, I love the fact that he made the whole look more realistic, the Beast comes to mind first (very beastly, and the look matches his cat-like prowess). The whole Genosha incident was another one of the curveballs I mentioned earlier(that kept me interested and wanting more)..He brought the White Queen, Emma Frost, to the fore-front and a much more interesting leading lady for Cyclops than Jean Gray had been(her story had been growing tiresome IMO and I can see that Morrison felt the same lol)..

edit: Also im a fan of the 1602 stories, I love how the put everyone in a classic European setting, and Im looking forward to other alternate Marvel universes to come (because they are so limitless)
    Last edited by samoan619; 03-27-2011 at 07:04 PM.

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Blog Entries
    Yeah San Diego Comic-Con is something I havent missed for the past 7 years (even when I lived in LA, and SF, I always made sure I was back for Comic-Con).. And Frank Miller, Sin City, 300, The Man Without Fear, Dark Knight(cant forget about the Spawn and Batman graphic novel), and the list goes on, he would have to be in top 5 of all time.. His contributions to comics itself is up to par with Moore... Grant Morrison, I loved his Skrull Kill Krew (I like the Skrull stories, especially the Kill Krew and how everyone became superpowered by eating the meat of the Cow-Skrulls, I bought it in the 90s, and I the bought the most recent and biggest turnaround of the series as of lately).. Now to his X-Men, I love the fact that he made the whole look more realistic, the Beast comes to mind first (very beastly, and the look matches his cat-like prowess). The whole Genosha incident was another one of the curveballs I mentioned earlier(that kept me interested and wanting more)..He brought the White Queen, Emma Frost, to the fore-front and a much more interesting leading lady for Cyclops than Jean Gray had been(her story had been growing tiresome IMO and I can see that Morrison felt the same lol)..

edit: Also im a fan of the 1602 stories, I love how the put everyone in a classic European setting, and Im looking forward to other alternate Marvel universes to come (because they are so limitless)
    Thanks for that man!

Miller is god. That's all I've got to say about that!

As for the Morrison run, I think it was one of the boldest block of story telling in X-History. The changes you pointed out were welcome developments, and the Beast became so much cooler after his second mutation. Some other things I liked were,
    Cassandra Nova: That the Prof had a twin and he murdered her in the womb was shocking, as was the subsequent destruction of Genosha.
    Weapon XI: The X being a Roman numeral was pure genius!
    Students: The focus on the school aspect of the, uh, school for gifted youngsters was really cool, and the special ed class, taught by Xorn/Magneto (I know it wasn't really Magneto, but at the time it was), was a riot! Beak FTW (and RIP).
    The last four issues of his run: What an original Phoenix storyline that was, with the future Beast running things making it all the more surreal.
    Lastly.... The Chapters: Never before had storylines been so clear to follow, and that was due to them actually having a begining and an end. No more years long, drawn out secrets waiting to be revealed, no more threads started that had no end in sight and no more stories that required the reader to have knowledge of the past 30 or so years. Each chapter was like a movie or a season of a TV series and, for me, that just made things more simple (which can be as deep as complicated, when done correctly) to follow.

I have always been a lover of alternate/future worlds and the alternate futures that Cable and Bishop came from always fascinated me. Especially Cables, as that was so different to the present an offered the creators that much more freedom. The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix was particullary interesting, as it had shades of Egyptian times woven in with some darn right scary looking technology.

Speaking of alternate universes. Ultimate Universe!?!? Not too sure I could invest in that and the 'real world' at the same time. Saying that, I think they are fantastically well done and I've read a few of them, courtious of my wicked iPhone Marvel and ComicVine apps. What an awesome invention they were!
    The Ultimate Universe does look great but I think by the time I got around to reading all the ones that interest me (all of them), I'd be a very old man. Man, I wish I had of caught them as they were released!
    The funny thing is, the very reason the alternate world was created in the first place (so newer viewers didn't have to scour comic stores for back issues), is the same reason I'm put off from getting into the Ultimate world. Ironic, huh?

Edit: The Skull Kill crew were fuckin brilliant... I got the first couple of Issues before I stopped collecting, but they (along with about 150 Uncanny X-Men comics) got lost during one of my manyChanges of scenery.
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 03-28-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks for that man!

Miller is god. That's all I've got to say about that!

As for the Morrison run, I think it was one of the boldest block of story telling in X-History. The changes you pointed out were welcome developments, and the Beast became so much cooler after his second mutation. Some other things I liked were,
    Cassandra Nova: That the Prof had a twin and he murdered her in the womb was shocking, as was the subsequent destruction of Genosha.
    Weapon XI: The X being a Roman numeral was pure genius!
    Students: The focus on the school aspect of the, uh, school for gifted youngsters was really cool, and the special ed class, taught by Xorn/Magneto (I know it wasn't really Magneto, but at the time it was), was a riot! Beak FTW (and RIP).
    The last four issues of his run: What an original Phoenix storyline that was, with the future Beast running things making it all the more surreal.
    Lastly.... The Chapters: Never before had storylines been so clear to follow, and that was due to them actually having a begining and an end. No more years long, drawn out secrets waiting to be revealed, no more threads started that had no end in sight and no more stories that required the reader to have knowledge of the past 30 or so years. Each chapter was like a movie or a season of a TV series and, for me, that just made things more simple (which can be as deep as complicated, when done correctly) to follow.

I have always been a lover of alternate/future worlds and the alternate futures that Cable and Bishop came from always fascinated me. Especially Cables, as that was so different to the present an offered the creators that much more freedom. The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix was particullary interesting, as it had shades of Egyptian times woven in with some darn right scary looking technology.

Speaking of alternate universes. Ultimate Universe!?!? Not too sure I could invest in that and the 'real world' at the same time. Saying that, I think they are fantastically well done and I've read a few of them, courtious of my wicked iPhone Marvel and ComicVine apps. What an awesome invention they were!
    The Ultimate Universe does look great but I think by the time I got around to reading all the ones that interest me (all of them), I'd be a very old man. Man, I wish I had of caught them as they were released!
    The funny thing is, the very reason the alternate world was created in the first place (so newer viewers didn't have to scour comic stores for back issues), is the same reason I'm put off fromgetting into the Ultimate world. Ironic, huh?
    Irony is a funny thing lol, but you been investing into these storylines from years ago, so youre not really considered a new viewer(more like a returning member of the family).. And yeah sometimes these Universes can take you away for a very long time (I usually get through them during restroom breaks lol)... The Utimate Universe is hella dope, I like the new looks of all the heroes and villains and they made Nick Fury black, I know some people were mad about that (not me though, I love change, especially in the alternate universes, call me the Marvel welcome wagon hahaha).. But yeah, the fact that these storylines have been climaxing within a year or two each time, it gives you a feeling of completion and also a feeling of actually being there (I love how they finally made sense of Wolverine's life right now, everything we were told in the 80s and 90s were a lie lol).. You can just move on right to the next upcoming cross-over storyline coming out, and it would be a sequel to a movie, (new beginnings, fresh start) rather than an on-going soap opera..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Blog Entries
    Irony is a funny thing lol, but you been investing into these storylines from years ago, so youre not really considered a new viewer(more like a returning member of the family).. And yeah sometimes these Universes can take you away for a very long time (I usually get through them during restroom breaks lol)... The Utimate Universe is hella dope, I like the new looks of all the heroes and villains and they made Nick Fury black, I know some people were mad about that (not me though, I love change, especially in the alternate universes, call me the Marvel welcome wagon hahaha).. But yeah, the fact that these storylines have been climaxing within a year or two each time, it gives you a feeling of completion and also a feeling of actually being there (I love how they finally made sense of Wolverine's life right now, everything we were told in the 80s and 90s were a lie lol).. You can just move on right to the next upcoming cross-over storyline coming out, and it would be a sequel to a movie, (new beginnings, fresh start) rather than an on-going soap opera..
    They didn't just make Fury black, they made him Samuel. L. Jackson!!!! How cool is that!

Shifting gears. The Boys?