Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    I never watched Smallville, but Superman II is a childhood favorite of mine and still the best Superman movie in the franchise.
    You may want to avoid the Richard Donner re-cut of Superman II. Without spoiling anything, it makes Supes come off like a bit of a spoiled brat, BUT there's no mystical super-cellophane in this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    What a coincidence. I just downloaded (for free) five issues of Fear Itself: The Worthy, onto my Marvel app (best app ever BTW).
    I doubt Fear Itself is bad, it's just between all over Marvel's and DC's big crossover events , I get overwhelmed trying to follow everything. Not even going to try to follow Ultimate Spider-Man's death storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by SnaggleTooth View Post
    You may want to avoid the Richard Donner re-cut of Superman II. Without spoiling anything, it makes Supes come off like a bit of a spoiled brat, BUT there's no mystical super-cellophane in this version.
    Yes, unfortunately I have seen it. It left no question in my mind why footage was added and the movie reedited, although there was a scantily clad Margot Kidder scene in the Donner cut if I recall.

Anyway, the original theatrical version of the film is with out a doubt the superior version.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SnaggleTooth View Post
    I doubt Fear Itself is bad, it's just between all over Marvel's and DC's big crossover events , I get overwhelmed trying to follow everything. Not even going to try to follow Ultimate Spider-Man's death storyline.
    Ive been an X-Men fan for around 19 years, so I can relate to when it comes to being overwhelmed. All the crossovers and multi part storylines pretty much scared me off, way back in '97, but I started reading again a little over ten years later, and the completionist in me demanded that I attempt to catch up from where I left off.. Actually, I started rereading them from Uncanny X-Men 201, and have worked my way up from there reading all of the other X-Related books along the way. Ironically enough I have recently finished reading Opperation Zero Tollerance, which is where I stopped reading back in '97, and I had to take a break as I was feeling overwhelmed by all the multi-part storylines. Lol or what?
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

JCW i thought it waz...lol what up ninja its SaTaN

Blog Entries
    Corazón de Leon!
    D.O.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Ive been an X-Men fan for around 19 years, so I can relate to when it comes to being overwhelmed. All the crossovers and multi part storylines pretty much scared me off, way back in '97, but I started reading again a little over ten years later, and the completionist in me demanded that I attempt to catch up from where I left off.. Actually, I started rereading them from Uncanny X-Men 201, and have worked my way up from there reading all of the other X-Related books along the way. Ironically enough I have recently finished reading Opperation Zero Tollerance, which is where I stopped reading back in '97, and I had to take a break as I was feeling overwhelmed by all the multi-part storylines. Lol or what?
    I like following the X-Men in little bits and pieces, like reading Daken, X-23, First Class, where the stories focus on one or two characters rather than everyone-gets-a-page-of-drama-and-a-splashpage because it's just gets too confusing, but like other books -Avengers, Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts- it's not as bad because -usually- the story and character development is more balanced. With the X-Men, it's a full-on soap opera.

I think the X-Men is the only team Spider-Man isn't on nowadays. I bet he's even in the Justice League lol

Current mega-crossover series - Flashpoint (DC) vs Fear Itself (Marvel)

Flashpoint: The Reverse Flash has tapped into abilities that neither he nor anyone else that uses the Speed Force has attempted, and creates a world where Barry Allen never becomes the Flash (Reverse Flash can't kill Barry because in doing so the future-born R.F. would cease to exist). The new world has a Batman whom isn't Bruce Wayne, an incarcerated Superman, and Aquaman and Wonder Woman as world leaders waging territory wars.

Fear Itself: The Red Skull's daughter Sin locates her father's secret weapon - a hammer that transforms it's wielder into the (Nordic) fear god Skadi. Sin becomes Skadi who then (indirectly) summons seven hammers to fall to Earth to be joined with already high powered characters like the Hulk and the Juggernaut. The Norse Gods abandon Earth because Odin's crapping his pants over Skadi's return. All hell breaks loose on Earth and humans and mutants alike begin turning on each other.

The better series? Flashpoint. While Fear Itself has the gritter storyline that I usually like, it's also a messier read and harder to follow (or sometimes care) about every little thing that's going wrong, thanks to the way the story's spread out over different books. Flashpoint is easier to follow and is more fun (ex: Barry tries to recreate the event that turns himself into the Flash and ends up electrocuting himself lol).
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1007&dateline=1308352  203

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've unfortunately gotten out of comics. My last outing was Blackest Night and that cost me so much money I just stopped. I'm trying to get back in and have been following both Flashpoint and Fear Itself. I'm not following all the mini's incorporated with it, just the main books and I'm pleased on both ends. I've always been a DC fanboy and will always be but, I can appreciate Marvel for their contributions and since 1991 they have had my favorite comic character, Deadpool. And up until 2010, I had all of his appearances. All. (Covers, side stories, everything.)

Either way, I'm WWWAAAAAAYYYYY excited for the DCnU launch in September and awaiting to see how they do all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post

Either way, I'm WWWAAAAAAYYYYY excited for the DCnU launch in September and awaiting to see how they do all of that.
    I just hope DC stands behind it rather than make it awesome for the first 24 months and then crap on it afterwards *koffMarvelUltimateUniversekoff*.

It's hard following all the major storylines, especially since there's so many of them you can have a character dead in one story and a the same time saving the world in another.

Watch the animated Green Lantern: Emerald Knights last night. While maybe not as good as Green Lantern: First Flight, it still wasn't bad. Still too early for Guy Gardner, John Stewart, or Kyle Rayner to appear, but the GL Corps was fleshed out more. A pre-rage Atrocitus does a cameo.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1007&dateline=1308352  203