Hybrid View

Your Favorite Comic Character

Mines for instance, is Norman Osborn, I love how they transitioned him from the Green Goblin to what he is now.. From when he killed the Skrull Queen, then grabbed the reigns of the Thunderbolts, turned SHIELD into Hammer, became the Iron Patriot, created the Dark Avengers (so awesome), to a climactic end after the Siege of Asgard, to now his prison story in the Raft.. Before the whole change in Osborn's character and story, my favorites were the Incredible Hercules, Wolverine, and Bullseye(he was so cold)..

Feel free to share your favorites, and why?

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    Mines for instance, is Norman Osborn, I love how they transitioned him from the Green Goblin to what he is now.. From when he killed the Skrull Queen, then grabbed the reigns of the Thunderbolts, turned SHIELD into Hammer, became the Iron Patriot, created the Dark Avengers (so awesome), to a climactic end after the Siege of Asgard, to now his prison story in the Raft.. Before the whole change in Osborn's character and story, my favorites were the Incredible Hercules, Wolverine, and Bullseye(he was so cold)..

Feel free to share your favorites, and why?
    Another thing we have in common my large Samoan friend! I actually made a thread about this awhile back, and on there I trumpeted Y the Last Man. So for now I'll just say that Yorrick is the (last) man!!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Another thing we have in common my large Samoan friend! I actually made a thread about this awhile back, and on there I trumpeted Y the Last Man. So for now I'll just say that Yorrick is the (last) man!!
    Sorry, I shouldve looked for a thread before starting it.. Great minds do think alike, and I do consider you a real friend of mine (we've connected a lot outside of the boards), if you were ever to visit San Diego, i'd bring out the welcome mats for ya hahaha..
    I gotta check out Y the Last Man, you havent led me astray with any of things you've directed me towards..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    Sorry, I shouldve looked for a thread before starting it.. Great minds do think alike, and I do consider you a real friend of mine (we've connected a lot outside of the boards), if you were ever to visit San Diego, i'd bring out the welcome mats for ya hahaha..
    I gotta check out Y the Last Man, you havent led me astray with any of things you've directed me towards..

No worries about the thread bruv, that bad boy died a painless death months ago now! And thanks for the kind words, San Diego sounds like it may become a holiday destination in the near future

I'll say this about Y. I've never felt so many different emotions while reading a comic book series. I swear to god (and I may lose a few (or more) man points), I literally had tears in my eyes as I read the end of the last volume. It was that damn good.

Also, I'm a massive Marvel fan, but I've kinda got behind due to such an ambitious catalog of titles to read. The Invasion storyline is as far as I've got up to so far, and I loved the elevation of Norman. Loved it!

Brian Michael Bendis is a Genius!
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 03-26-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Lack of concentration due to posting while driving a forklift
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    No worries about the thread bruv, that bad boy died a painless death months ago now! And thanks for the kind words, San Diego sounds like it may become a holiday destination in the near future

I'll say this about Y. I've never felt so many different emotions while reading a comic book series. I swear to god (and I may lose a few (or more) man points, but I literally had tears in my eyes as I read the end of the last volume. It was that damn good.

Also, I'm a massive Marvel fan, but I've kinda got behind due to such an ambitious catalog of titles to read. The Invasion storyline is as far as I've got up to so far, and I loved the elevation of Norman. Loved it!

Brian Michael Bendis is a Genius!
    Yeah if you ever came to visit, i'd give you the tour, and introduce you to all my music friends, maybe work on some music and so forth.. And nah you didnt lose any points, no judgement here from me, there's nothing like a good story that draws you in (and that goes for movies too).. And I am a big Marvel mark, there are some DC things I like too(they make great graphic novels and Lobo and the Joker were awesome characters), but not so much everything else.. I dont like henchmen that dress like birds i.e. the Penguin (it's cool for one villain to be like that but not his whole gang, and it goes for all the villains henchmen).. I enjoy reading Manga too, Trigun was a favorite of mine.. And yes, Brian Michael Bendis is a Genius, I can totally agree with that..
    Last edited by samoan619; 03-25-2011 at 11:39 PM.

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

It was never one of my favorite comics to read, but I have always thought the Hulk is one of the most compelling Marvel characters. I love the idea of anger increasing your strength and destructive capacity.

Probably says a lot about my personality, but I will save that conversation for when they take me away and put me in a padded cell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    It was never one of my favorite comics to read, but I have always thought the Hulk is one of the most compelling Marvel characters. I love the idea of anger increasing your strength and destructive capacity.

Probably says a lot about my personality, but I will save that conversation for when they take me away and put me in a padded cell.
    lol, Ive always liked the Hulk too, my son loves the Hulk, its his favorite toy and character, his reading material isnt as cool as the whole Hulk persona though.. The most interesting read ive had with the hulk is Planet Hulk and World War Hulk, also Skaar son of the Hulk is pretty cool too.. But the whole Red Hulk and A million Hulks in the Fall of the Hulks story just doesnt draw me in (like most of his stories), yet I still keep a subscription to the Hulk and almost all the Marvel comics that come out (I like to support things like comics, wrestling, movies, and music)

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

JCW i thought it waz...lol what up ninja its SaTaN

Blog Entries
    Corazón de Leon!
    D.O.A.

Dr. Manhattan
    Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors.

- Jim Morrison