Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What if ring of honor was a billion dollar corporation?

as the title says what if ring of honor had a billion dollar budget but kept the ideals it has now and be all about the wrestling how would this change professional wrestling?

It would still be better than WWE.

The problem is you can have ideals all day but when you are talking about profits in the millions or billions than it becomes not a wrestling company but a business. At that point you are trying to fill bigger arenas or stadiums and to do that you sometimes have to sacrifice certain ideals. As much as we would all love to say that we would pay $70 bucks to see HonorMania on PPV we wouldn't unless the main attraction catches our eye, and that's what WWE does so well. They know Cena isn't over with the true blue wrestling fans and that we really didn't want to see Cena vs. Miz as the Main Event, so they throw the Rock into the mix and it becomes a whole nother story and we are interested. But hypothetically speaking if HonorMania's main event was say Christopher Daniels vs. Davey Richards at Cowboy Stadium drawing 300,000 people, then yeah TNA and WWE would go down in flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Then they might be able to sell out

muuuuhahahahahahha

I look forward to your complaints and letters.

The IWC would shit bricks.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Fans of feds such as ROH mistakenly think that if the fed had money they would waste it, spending up big on production and 'staying true to fans' by keeping prices the same and not altering their in ring product. You can rest assured if ROH did a tv deal with a company, they'd be forced to fit into their guidelines. It would change gradually and 'real' ROH fans would start shouting 'sell-out' when the production started getting glossy, they hired writers that would write to appeal to new fans and you'd see the introduction of campy gimmicks and other claptrap. In a company with money, wrestlers would start re-evaluating their own worth too and start asking for and expecting more money. Try as you might to deny it, all these indy stars would.

Unfortunately, the only way to keep integrity and a decent level of wrestling and remain the most 'respected' fed currently operating, they need to remain a breadline company.

Blog Entries
    If ROH had big time money and wanted to keep their money train rolling, they might end up hiring big name wrestlers thus becoming a 2nd tier TNA.

it would be the same just with a tv show
    and be in bigger arenas,i kinda doubt
    they would sign million dollar contracts

Quote Originally Posted by KayfabeIsDead View Post
    it would be the same just with a tv show
    and be in bigger arenas,i kinda doubt
    they would sign million dollar contracts
    You don't think that if Kings of Wrestling, for example, knew that ROH had a billion dollar budget they wouldn't say "we want a contract like Triple H or else we walk". Or that ROH wouldn't print up that contract and have it in front of them waiting on them to sign it before the meeting was even over. Wrestlers are people just like you and I, they have families to feed and mortgages to pay and if they are an asset to a million dollar company they are going to want to utilize the fact that they are an asset to make more money. Because if ROH had that kind of money and was an asset to ROH if they didn't pay then WWE would to try to pull viewers away from ROH and back to their product. Just think of it as the old days of pillaging ECW talent or even getting talent from ROH now, but the roles are reversed.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...