Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

"UNDashing" ~ The Dark Personality of Cody Rhodes

I hope I am not the only person that sees this. Cody Rhodes has been absolutely phenomenal over the last month or so as the current dark persona he has right now. He has taken this rare opportunity to shine in a top notch feud and he is making the most out of it. The altered, psychotic twist on the "Dashing" gimmick is amazing and it hit an all time peak this week with the addition of his darker theme song. Here it is below:

Rhodes should receive the push of a lifetime after his match with Mysterio, win or lose. I personally can't wait to see the match. I'm expecting a wrestling clinic between these two and it would serve the build up well. This feud, along with Cole and Lawler, is one of the most built up matches going into Mania, thanks to the competitors involved of course.

Your thoughts?
    <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">

This is where I post recent videos. This week's video:"
    WWE Summerslam 2014 Preview and Predictions"

I love what they are doing with him, the only concern is, can this gimmick withstand the test of time? Regardless, he is taking advantage of his opportunity, and he definatly deserves to be in more high profile fueds.

Blog Entries
    I agree that Cody is do a great job! He may just be the future face of the WWE.

I agree its time for him to be pushed, but why is he wearing a suit whilst he wrestles?

Quote Originally Posted by charmingone28 View Post
    I agree its time for him to be pushed, but why is he wearing a suit whilst he wrestles?
    Its reminiscent of Mankind who I believe the gimmick is based off of.
    <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">

This is where I post recent videos. This week's video:"
    WWE Summerslam 2014 Preview and Predictions"

I like it! I like the opening "woahhooooh" and then the first two beats/strums..? then it just becomes a bit 'generic rockish theme music'. I still dont mind it though. Do you think he'll be wrestling in suits from now on then? I kinda like him doing that, its different, slightly hearkens back to old days (which isnt a reason why i like it, just reminds me of it).
    What was noteworthy, though, was Cody's old tag partner from Legacy - Ted diBiase, was used to put over Cody's Wrestlmania opponent - Rey Mysterio, on Smackdown, while Ted has nothing! That was kinda sad to me. It was an alright little match, and Ted has the talent. But do you think this match was intentionally booked to show this, as a sort of inside statement thing? That Cody is now the one who has a firm grasp on the figurative ball, so to speak?

what cm punk did with rey mysterio at wrestlemania last year, i hope cody rhodes can try to do better and thats being given more time.

i would like to see cody rhodes start wearing sunnies

Blog Entries
    This does indeed sound darker than his original "Smoke and Mirrors" song. It seems like they are going for a darker version of the Dashing gimmick, and Cody is doing a phenomenal job of hating that his "dashing" looks are gone. I think they are pushing him harder than any other of their midcarders(besides Mcintyre), so they should definitely give him a title shot in the future, after Edge finishes his programme with ADR.

Blog Entries
    To think people actually thought Ted Dibiase Jr would be the better star out of Legacy....
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."

It reminded me of Kane after being unmasked.