Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who Will be the Next Triple Crown Winner?

So I was browsing Wikipedia recently and came across the Triple Crown wrestling page and figured I had a good question for the community here.

So there are currently Ten Wrestlers who are one title away from Triple Crown status and some of these name may surprise you. Now keep in mind that the three title you need for the Triple Crown status is the WWE Title/WHC Title, the Tag Team Titles, and the Intercontinental Title. (The WWE still has not recognized the US Title as fulfilling the Secondary Championship toward the Triple Crown)

Here is the list:

Wrestlers needing either the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship

Cody Rhodes
    Curtis Axel
    Kofi Kingston
    Drew McIntyre
    Goldust
    William Regal
    Santino Marella

Wrestlers needing the Intercontinental Championship

Undertaker
    John Cena
    Daniel Bryan

So my question is this,

Who do you think is the next person to become Triple Crown Champion of these ten?

I personally think that Cody Rhodes may have the best shot at getting it, but I could see Bryan getting the Intercontinental Championship before Cody gets a world title. I feel like Kofi might have a shot if he ever gets into the main event scene, but who knows if that will ever happen.

And who knows, maybe a person not on this list will get it before any of the guys up here. The Shield initially come to mind as all of them are already a third of the way there. Barrett could also be a decent choice along with Cesaro, Swagger and Sheamus.

What do you guys think?

THE FINAL FIST BUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey Bear...Rehmix called... He wants his everything back.

Malcolm Cage
    "Primetime" AJ Dixon
    EWNCW ~ IWA ~ APW

Quote Originally Posted by Rehmix View Post
    So I was browsing Wikipedia recently and came across the Triple Crown wrestling page and figured I had a good question for the community here.

So there are currently Ten Wrestlers who are one title away from Triple Crown status and some of these name may surprise you. Now keep in mind that the three title you need for the Triple Crown status is the WWE Title/WHC Title, the Tag Team Titles, and the Intercontinental Title. (The WWE still has not recognized the US Title as fulfilling the Secondary Championship toward the Triple Crown)

Here is the list:

Wrestlers needing either the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship

Cody Rhodes
    Curtis Axel
    Kofi Kingston
    Drew McIntyre
    Goldust
    William Regal
    Santino Marella

Undertaker
    John Cena
    Daniel Bryan

So my question is this,

Who do you think is the next person to become Triple Crown Champion of these ten?

I personally think that Cody Rhodes may have the best shot at getting it, but I could see Bryan getting the Intercontinental Championship before Cody gets a world title. I feel like Kofi might have a shot if he ever gets into the main event scene, but who knows if that will ever happen.

And who knows, maybe a person not on this list will get it before any of the guys up here. The Shield initially come to mind as all of them are already a third of the way there. Barrett could also be a decent choice along with Cesaro, Swagger and Sheamus.

What do you guys think?
    why aren,t you counting the us title?

Blog Entries
    If I was going to have a shot in the dark I'd go with Cody Rhodes. I don't think Daniel Bryan will get a mid-card title reign any time soon... Even though I also don't think that Rhodes will be a world champion anytime soon, I think it would be sooner than Daniel Bryan being a mid-card champion.

I wouldn't count out Reigns or Rollins either.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me either, but typically they don't count the US title for triple crowns.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Can you imagine if Santino actually won back at Elimination Chamber 2012? He would be a grand slam champion.....Mind blown.

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????

Cody Rhodes or Daniel Bryan in 2014
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehmix View Post

Cody Rhodes
    Curtis Axel
    Kofi Kingston
    Drew McIntyre
    Goldust
    William Regal
    Santino Marella

Undertaker
    John Cena
    Daniel Bryan

So my question is this,

The two names that stick out there are Rhodes and Bryan. I mean you can instantly discount Taker (he'll never get another world title, never mind an Intercontinental title), Cena (never going to win the IC title), Regal (too late for him to get a world title), Goldust (too late), Santino (unless he gets a major gimmick change, but again, unlikely), so you're then left with Bryan, McIntyre, Kingston, Axel and Rhodes. McIntyre is FAR from winning a world title at this point, Kingston strikes me as someone who'll just never break that glass ceiling and win a world title, Axel you also feel will not break into that upper echelon anytime soon at least.

Rhodes however is super over, and will surely be in the world title hunt by this time next year (WHC or WWE title). Bryan is another who already has the most difficult prizes of the WH and WWE titles to his name, and he has the tag titles, so it's more than feasible to see him winning the IC title (though it's weird that they don't recognize the US title as a secondary title for the triple crown, in that respect, Bryan has the unofficial triple crown). I think they're the clear cut standouts that have the best chance to be the next triple crown champions.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    He quite clearly said "The WWE still has not recognized the US Title as fulfilling the Secondary Championship toward the Triple Crown". So I suppose you could write Vince a letter asking him why
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    Can you imagine if Santino actually won back at Elimination Chamber 2012? He would be a grand slam champion.....Mind blown.
    Not exactly. Since they do not have a Tertary title and thw United States Championship is in the proverbial limbo, Santino wouldn't have been a Grand Slam Champion.

I do agree with everyone her that Cody is the most feasible contender. I do hope Drew and Kofi also reach the wonderful Triple Crown group.

Shelton Benjamin will come back and finally get that well-deserved World Title push.

And now on a serious note, it's gotta be Cody Rhodes. The dude has all the tools to be a credible champion, especially if he does the WM match with Goldust and the reports are true that Sandow will become a top player. If that happens and Sandow becomes the champ sometime next year it won't take long for Cody to become a consistent main-eventer and champion.
    Forum section back on the front page? Sweet!