*2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Blog Entries

The Public Enemy Incident

I was watching that Jeremy Borash doco on ECW and this incident came up

The infamous real beat down of Public Enemy by the APA. Pretty brutal. Now in the doco, Terry Taylor claims that PE had existing heat with Bruce Prichard and other bookers in WWE and the APA were instructed to welcome them to the company in the harshest way possible. The idea being, so Taylor suggests, is that if they paid these dues, they would get the locker rooms respect. They were fired a week later.

Now I learn that Bob Holly claims in his book that Public Enemy came in a pissed people off backstage by not acknowledging them (reminds me of HBK talking about when the Rockers first started and were too intimidated to talk to the boys) and then trying to change the match right before the start and bragging that the APA couldn't put them through tables.

Of course, not being there I can't be sure but knowing what the locker room was kind of like at the time, I actually lean towards Taylors version more myself. I think Holly, being legit tough like APA and Taker, who ran the locker room at this time might just be being "one of the boys" and "having their backs" so to speak. Plus, doesn't Holly hate fat guys?

Thoughts?

I would like to team up with you Robstar to do this to every New Member

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Blog Entries
    Only to ban them a week later?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance for men View Post
    I don't get ESPN classics anymore but when I was a kid after school I would watch Legends of world class wrestling. I grew up watching the von erichs, the freebirds, chris adams & gino hernandez.
    Yeah I don't get it anymore either but really liked a lot of that old stuff as opposed to whats on TV now. I also got into collecting old MidSouth DVDs years back too. Sucks WWE owns em all now as probably can not buy each and every dvd now

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Only to ban them a week later?
    That would be Epic , throw them out like Wwe guys did buff bagwell and booker t on a raw episode

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I totally lean towards Taylor's version. Why? Because Taylor is a bit of a pussy, and if he's actually speaking out against those that ordered "the hit", then I'm inclined to believe it's true. I can't imagine him lying to make those whom he claims to be guilty look bad, but can imagine him squirming in his boots as he tells the truth, hoping he doesn't upset them.

TPE probably had a bad reputation before they even arrived, and once they arrived through the front doors of their first show, I bet they instantly felt the heat. That sort of immediate intimidation can affect people in the way that they react upon first meeting people. Grunge and Rocco probably dealt with the situation with a bit of humour that went down the wrong way, and enhanced the bad feeling that was already there.

What happened next is a disgrace. If they wanted to beat them up, they should have just done it in the car park or something, not in a place where people are meant to respect the sacred tradition of working with one another.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Blog Entries
    Their size compared to the APA is almost comical, wouldn't you say?

Even if it was a house show, but not on TV. You can see Taylor's interview about it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uypCYi8KP8I
    It's not a bad doco but short on actual action footage, which makes the 2 hrs drag but I still watched it all. I've never liked Bruce Prichard, I get that vibe off him, just that untrustworthy feeling.

Plenty of Raven which is always awesome hearing him talk and New Jack is just hilarious.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, their body dimensions were polar opposites for sure. TPE never stood a chance.

I read somewhere that The Dudley Boyz faced a slightly similar situation when they arrived in WWF. During one of their early appearances for the company they had to do a segment with APA that ended with a backstage brawl, and Ron and John were pretty rough with them. Apparently, though, DVON & Bubba Ray took their "initiation" like men, and shook APA's hands and thanked them afterwards. From that point on it was mostly clear sailing for the future Team 3D.

As for that documentary: I saw that bad boy about seven years ago, Robs. Definitely worth viewing for anyone who wants a revealing, non-WWE version, of the behind the scenes activities in ECW. One of my favourite parts was that Terry Taylor outtake where's chewing the shit out of that gum, and Borash asks him if he's enjoying it lol. New Jack's brutally honest take on the Mass Transit Incident was shocking for me at the time. Nowadays it would just be viewed as "VINTAGE NEW JACK!"

Edit: yeah, agreed, Pritchard is as dodgy as they come.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Blog Entries
    LOL New Jack saying he was trying to kill that other guy he threw off the scaffold. MORE vintage New Jack!!

The Funker always manages to bring out the ├╝ber-fan in me. He just has so much passion.