Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh Kofi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    I smell a heel turn.
    That Would be Epic!...Crossing fingers hoping he Turn heels and we see some more of that fire he had before when he Went Against Randy

Blog Entries
    Maybe he can go to Japan like MVP did.

I really thought Kofi Kingston was going places when he was feuding with Orton. He was truly insane on that one Raw when he pulled Randy Orton over to the announce table an then jumped on him from the barricade. Then he just kind of faded away. The last match I remember him having was against Dolph Ziggler who is ascending (Or seeming to at least) into the Main Eventer's circle while Kingston is staying in place. I think he is just a transitional IC champion until' creative can decide as to whom they would like to place the belt on. It makes me wonder as to what he did wrong to get to where he is at. The guy can entertain if given the opportunity.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamModest

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    I really thought Kofi Kingston was going places when he was feuding with Orton. He was truly insane on that one Raw when he pulled Randy Orton over to the announce table an then jumped on him from the barricade. Then he just kind of faded away. The last match I remember him having was against Dolph Ziggler who is ascending (Or seeming to at least) into the Main Eventer's circle while Kingston is staying in place. I think he is just a transitional IC champion until' creative can decide as to whom they would like to place the belt on. It makes me wonder as to what he did wrong to get to where he is at. The guy can entertain if given the opportunity.
    Yep and i heard Vince Wanted to build Up and make A African American A Champion Since Booker T was the last one...Its Really Sad they Dropped the Ball With MVp...Broke up True Crime and now Poorly Using Kofi....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    I smell a heel turn.
    When I saw his aggressiveness towards Ziggler a little while back, I got the impression he would make a good heel!

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    When I saw his aggressiveness towards Ziggler a little while back, I got the impression he would make a good heel!
    thats the whole "crazy kofi" thing i was referring to... i thought he would start snapping off to make an impact
    I HATE Randy Orton! He gave my grandma a wedgie! She was butthurt for 2 weeks before she succumbed to her injuries! She went to the grave in an ass cast!
    F-U my twin found that hilarious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearvoices View Post
    Its Sad They Are not Using Him Right he got Good Mic Skills And could Wrestle Circles Around most of The Roster Plus The Fans Love Him. I dont understand why hes not being used. Smh
    You need to change your name to RANDOM CAPITAL MAN!!! lol

I'd be sending out resumé's if I was Kofi. Not a good sign.

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Kofi didnt have a chance from the start. First they make his character Jamaican and all is good. Next thing you know he doesn't have an accent and he's from Ghana, West Africa. The guy has the skills in the ring but it has been an uphill climb from the beginning.

This guy makes sense out of it.

He's from Ghana in Wes Africa, prior to his Debut he worked in the Caribbean and was based out of Jamaica

when WWE signed him they presented him as a face, and cited him as being Jamaican

when they decided to push him farther, they realized he'd need to talk more, and Its harder to fake the accent in long speeches, so they started billing him as from Ghana (this has been the case since well before his feud w/ Orton)

part of the reason for the Jamaican Gimmick has to do with xenophobia in the American 'sports fan', traditionally 'African Gimmicks' have emphasized the Savage/Warrior as a monster heel, as Kofi is a smaller guy and being pushed as a face they opted instead to present him as the Happy Jamaican - when you think Jamaica, its a safe bet you think Pot or Rum

its no coincidence that in Baseball, pre-integration, that some farm teams had black players but billed them as Caribbeann

Blog Entries
    A Kofi turn at Wrestlemania would be perfect

Kofi's fine.

They need someone who can be the MITB spotmonkey and toil in the midcard. They won't get rid of him.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.