Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Barclays Premier Legaue, Championship, league 1,2 and SPL

Hey guys, this is about football. (Soccer)

I love a bit of banter. As do most football fans.

Leave your team name and your predictions ahead of the new season.

And anything else for that matter

Who's going down, who's going to finish where?

Leave your comments here.

Btw I'm a liverpool fan
    Last edited by dre-dray; 08-12-2010 at 07:09 PM.

As an avid Arsenal supporter, i am really hoping that this is the year that the young guns finally get to the top where they belong.
    This could be a tricky season for Man United as they have bought very little this summer but like always,will come close as will Chelsea.
    I am interested to see how well hodgeson can do with a broken Liverpool team but he saved Fulham last season, but i dont think anymore than a top 3. Man City have spent too much and are expecting instant success, which i hope they wont get. I can see this season being extremely tight, which make for good games.

i hope chelsea for the title not getting my hopes up too much for my english team though lol rangers for the spl

Very Good, Go Go Go Chelsea

@niafv1: Arsenal huh?.. What are your predictions for the game?

I'm a little cautious as Arsenal always do very well on opening days. And on the other hand I can see Liverpool turning in a dominate performance.

I agree with you about Man City. Its almost not fair at the same time. I think If they carry on like this they'll ruin the league. Then again, the new 25 man rule might have a few things to say about that.

@Rangers_Chosen_Hun: Hmmmm Celtic have bought a lot of players this year. Rangers I believe are selling and not buying. I like Rangers more than Celtic though lol. I can see Hearts doing very well though for some reason. It would be nice to see someone different in the top 2.
    Last edited by dre-dray; 08-12-2010 at 07:20 PM.

@dre-dray: the match could set up a good season for either team.
    If liverpool lose, it could lead to more spreculation about the team not being as united as they need to be. Also, should arsenal lose, i dont expect anything more than a top 4 again. I see it being extremely tight, either 1-0 orelse a draw. I do think that man united will drop points at newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by dre-dray View Post
    @niafv1: Arsenal huh?.. What are your predictions for the game?

I'm a little cautious as Arsenal always do very well on opening days. And on the other hand I can see Liverpool turning in a dominate performance.

I agree with you about Man City. Its almost not fair at the same time. I think If they carry on like this they'll ruin the league. Then again, the new 25 man rule might have a few things to say about that.

@Rangers_Chosen_Hun: Hmmmm Celtic have bought a lot of players this year. Rangers I believe are selling and not buying. I like Rangers more than Celtic though lol. I can see Hearts doing very well though for some reason. It would be nice to see someone different in the top 2.
    they have have but im not to worried they have lost a few good ones aswell onesthey brouht in not of same caliber we will get a few in finally got james beattie haha i think dundee utd will be good again this year them and hearts for 3rd pushing 2nd but gers all the way for me lol

i think man city will get in top 4 ahead of arsenal this season and liverpool will finish 3rd and made my mind up that chelsea will win the league

Quote Originally Posted by niafv1 View Post
    @dre-dray: the match could set up a good season for either team.
    If liverpool lose, it could lead to more spreculation about the team not being as united as they need to be. Also, should arsenal lose, i dont expect anything more than a top 4 again. I see it being extremely tight, either 1-0 orelse a draw. I do think that man united will drop points at newcastle.
    I agree, 1-1 or 1-0 either way. But I don't think this game decides how well both teams will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers_Chosen_Hun View Post
    i hope chelsea for the title not getting my hopes up too much for my english team though lol rangers for the spl
    Yeah Rangers signed Beattie, I think he'll do well. The first player Rangers have paid money for in 2 years I believe O_o

hes a wee bit older maybe not as good as he was a few years back but i like him rather have him than kyle lafferty any day lol