Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,673
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    No, but I don't define a natural in broadcasting by whether or not they know the names of specific wrestling moves. It has more to do with their effectiveness in projecting, communicating, and engaging an audience. Then again, I'm pretty familiar with most wrestling terminology, so having someone parrot what it is that I know I'm looking directly right at isn't of as much importance to me as it apparently is to others, so I'm more inclined to forgive such trivialities.

    To me, a much bigger issue with Cole is how he puts over other talent. But considering that he's just saying what he's instructed to say, I can't even really hold that against him, either. The person who should be being held responsible for all of the perceived flaws with commentary at the moment is the one putting the words in the voice of the WWE's mouth.
    I have to disagree with you. I agree that Cole is doing what he's told, and that he's putting over the heels. I have no problem with his heel character, and I find it enjoyable watching him drool over Miz etc. BUT, at the end of the day, he's a commentator, and a commentator's main job is to call the action. He's simply not doing that. I'm also familiar with wrestling terminology, and moves, but I still expect the commentator to call the action. It's the same in any other sport, or sports entertainment.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  2. #22
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    He's entertaining as hell, but when it comes to calling the action, he sucks more than a $5 whore.

    His whole schtick would make a lot more sense in the Color Commentator position. He'd be fabulous as the Color guy
    Last edited by Bodom; 02-21-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  3. #23
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,289
    How in the hell do you confuse the Koji Clutch with the Anaconda Vice?

    Why would you call Cena a "submission specialist"?

    WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING "AND I QUOTE"????

    #REAL!

  4. #24
    Black Ninja! Rich Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,358
    Blog Entries
    1
    He indeed should be color and have Striker as PXP!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    No, but I don't define a natural in broadcasting by whether or not they know the names of specific wrestling moves. It has more to do with their effectiveness in projecting, communicating, and engaging an audience. Then again, I'm pretty familiar with most wrestling terminology, so having someone parrot what it is that I know I'm looking directly right at isn't of as much importance to me as it apparently is to others, so I'm more inclined to forgive such trivialities.

    To me, a much bigger issue with Cole is how he puts over other talent. But considering that he's just saying what he's instructed to say, I can't even really hold that against him, either. The person who should be being held responsible for all of the perceived flaws with commentary at the moment is the one putting the words in the voice of the WWE's mouth.
    I'm sorry man but with all due respect I refuse to believe that the people behind the mic tell him to mix up the names of signature moves being performed by thier top talents.....then again they did give Adamley (sp?) a million chances and they still put A-Ry on t.v. so who knows lol

  6. #26
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    You're bound to make a mistake when you have Vince McMahon yelling in your ear for 2 hours straight.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You're bound to make a mistake when you have Vince McMahon yelling in your ear for 2 hours straight.
    Idk man. I obviously can't say for sure since I've never been in the hot seat before, but I would think that having the boss in my ear would drive me to not fuck up anything.

    P.S. Didn't you just back up my saying that he cannot call matches correctly just a few posts ago? lol

  8. #28
    I don't really have a problem understanding booker, my big problem is that he only has one line no matter what: he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it really? really? I think as an announcer it is his job to tell me what he is going to do. even i know he is going to do it. And another thing booker has to work is his smacktalk. everytime he and cole has an argument it always seems that booker is the loser
    Last edited by Viking; 02-21-2011 at 09:22 PM.

  9. #29
    I don't have a problem understanding booker, but I do believe he has a long way to go. For example his only line in a match he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it!, why? why would booker tell me he is going to do it? I allready know that. shouldn't booker rather tell me what he is going to do? Just seems like the thing an announcer should do.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Trips88 View Post
    I'm sorry man but with all due respect I refuse to believe that the people behind the mic tell him to mix up the names of signature moves being performed by thier top talents.....then again they did give Adamley (sp?) a million chances and they still put A-Ry on t.v. so who knows lol
    It certainly isn't someone else's fault that Cole doesn't get the name of certain moves right. I just don't think the occasional instances of it happening are quite the critical thing that the IWC like to make it out to be (in their many fits of hyperbole), especially considering that's he's always paired with someone in a position to correct whatever incidental error he may make.

    What I was referring to Cole being told what to say was in regards to his burying of certain talent and championing of others.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.