Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SantiPain View Post
    I don't know if I am the only one that does not get to understand Booker. I don't like Cole, but out of the storylines he calls well the match, and so does Josh Mathews, but Booker?? I don't get to understand him, there must be another star todo that job better than him, and leave him as a trainer in Tough Enough.
    Well I agree that having book on the mic is kinda strange. I personally wanna see him back in the ring again.
    As for Cole, he CAN NOT call a match correctly to save his life. He is the worst thing to hit a WWE announce desk since Coach was on the mic. He can't get the names of the moves right and more often than not has to have Striker bail him out or cover it with some kinda babbling about how great The Miz is. (Nothing against Miz.) Point is Cole sucks at his job and needs to get the hell off the mic before I have to start watching Raw with the mute on.

Its between Booker(for some reason, some of you can't understand him) or Cole(the tool)

Pick your poison! xD

I don't have any problem understanding him, but I still don't think he's any good. And anyone who thinks that he's better at commentary than Cole is living in a fantasy world. People might not like the things that Cole is told to talk about, as well as his heel character, but none of that changes the fact that Cole is a natural at broadcasting. Booker, on the other hand, has a looooooooooooong way to go before he sounds like he belongs behind that table.
    Last edited by Iron Ape; 02-21-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Its between Booker(for some reason, some of you can't understand him) or Cole(the tool)

Pick your poison! xD
    I really don't know why some can't understand what hes saying. He sounds fine on the mic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I don't have any problem understanding him, but I still don't think he's any good. And anyone who thinks that he's better at commentary than Cole is living in a fantasy world. People might not like the things that Cole is told to talk about, as well as his heel character, but none of that changes the fact that Cole is a natural at broadcasting. Booker, on the other hand, has a looooooooooooong way to go before he sounds like he belongs behind that table.

Cole is a natural? Now by natural do you mean naturally gifted in the art of calling everything a slam and not knowing anyting about the moves AT ALL?

For the record I'm really not one of the many people out there that hates Cole because of his heel role, I'm old school hating Cole. I'm a throw back Cole hater. I've been hating Cole since the Iron Sheik first came out! Yes I know that's not actually possible, but that's just how I committed I am to wanting to kick the dog shit outta that dude.

O and for the record. Heyman was a good heal on table, old school King was a good heal on the table. Vince was alright, The Body was pretty great, the list goes on and on. Cole just plain SUCKS!

It seems like his mic is turned way down, or he needs to talk louder. And Cole is always interrupting him. In time i think he could make a good commentator, but I wish they would have used him as a wrestler for a little bit. Maybe Booker vs Taker at Wrestlemania.

I just wish that the best color commentator of the last 10 years would come back. Im talking about JBL

Quote Originally Posted by Trips88 View Post
    Cole is a natural? Now by natural do you mean naturally gifted in the art of calling everything a slam and not knowing anyting about the moves AT ALL?
    No, but I don't define a natural in broadcasting by whether or not they know the names of specific wrestling moves. It has more to do with their effectiveness in projecting, communicating, and engaging an audience. Then again, I'm pretty familiar with most wrestling terminology, so having someone parrot what it is that I know I'm looking directly right at isn't of as much importance to me as it apparently is to others, so I'm more inclined to forgive such trivialities.

To me, a much bigger issue with Cole is how he puts over other talent. But considering that he's just saying what he's instructed to say, I can't even really hold that against him, either. The person who should be being held responsible for all of the perceived flaws with commentary at the moment is the one putting the words in the voice of the WWE's mouth.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't understand all the complaining, I enjoy the announcing from most everyone. It's not like 1997 JR & Jerry Lawler but it's fine. Booker is still learning and he's doing well so far even though he has had a few "hiccups." Michael Cole is funny to me.

Blog Entries
    I can understand Book and his slang just fine, but then again, we are from the same country! The only thing I noticed is that he says "Did you see that" repetitiously after a big move, but it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    No, but I don't define a natural in broadcasting by whether or not they know the names of specific wrestling moves. It has more to do with their effectiveness in projecting, communicating, and engaging an audience. Then again, I'm pretty familiar with most wrestling terminology, so having someone parrot what it is that I know I'm looking directly right at isn't of as much importance to me as it apparently is to others, so I'm more inclined to forgive such trivialities.

To me, a much bigger issue with Cole is how he puts over other talent. But considering that he's just saying what he's instructed to say, I can't even really hold that against him, either. The person who should be being held responsible for all of the perceived flaws with commentary at the moment is the one putting the words in the voice of the WWE's mouth.
    ^^^BOOM BABY!! this is it, simple as!! end.

But i love booker t, always have, always will, and im finding it really difficult to say....oh....but theres just something missing from his commentary! I dont mind him, i understand him (pretty much), i think hes entertaining, he has me laughin sometimes! But...well... he gets muddled up sometimes, says wacky things, things tht shouldnt be said, but maybe thats just down to nerves (id be nervous, stressful) especially with the big dogs listenin in and in the headsets! also everyone expected him to be something else yeh? but remember wwe would hav told him how they want it done, what to say, keep it not surreal and comedic like his King days, etc, and maybe its him struggling to get that style over, and do it like that, tapered to his own style, voice, context?!

Oh he needs time, weve heard him what 4 times? i hope he improves or manages to become well liked among the fans! hope and faith! Cmon booker, king booookaaah!!!