View Poll Results: Will you be ordering WRESTLEMANIA?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 40.00%
  • No

13 43.33%
  • Unsure

5 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I say it should be from 10 to 12 ppv's
    not less and not more
    and Please don't Bitch about Mania already!!!
    The Quality of The Matches may surprize you
    and Taker & HHH is the Biggest Draw second To The Rock
    may you don't like it
    but Most Wrestling Fans are looking Forward to it more than any other match on that night

The "Sports Entertainment" Extravaganza spectacle is COMING you better be wathcin

I can't say I AM that excited or interested in this WM. I'm sorry guys.
    Apparently I am supposed to be creaming my jeans over Wrestlemania.
    (Maybe I'm worng and it'll be the GREATEST goddamned WM of all time...*cough*)

This is like me saying "I'm hungry" and you offer me a rotten baloney and egg sandwich that costs $20. I say "This is garbage. I'm not taking this sandwich and it ain't worth $20 damn dollars!" and your argument is "You must not like sandwiches. Hell, you must not even be hungry. $20 is a resonible price for this sandwich. "

That's an asinine argument.

Really, I love Wrestling. I have since , hell, I can't remember a time when I DIDN'T...
    But I'm not going to spend $50 to watcha mediocre PPV. So, for a mere $600 I can watch all these FANTASTIC PPVs.
    AWESOME.

and yes, it IS mediocre.
    They do one HELL of a job selling you on the fact that it's the GREATEST card of the year. but it isn't.
    And you know, $50 IS alot of money...especially these days of near $4 gas and rampant unemployment. Maybe it isn't to you... congrats on having that much discretionary income. Bravo.
    I don't have the attention span of a 3 yr old. Perhaps you do. But two guys randomly "having a problem" with one another over the course of 3-5 episodes of Raw, totalling probably 20 minutes of screen time (minus those awesome montages with Nickleback playing in the background) is not my idea of a "Compelling" story.
    Obviously this is a problem throughout the industry... go read JR's comments about how "stories are told" on the Major Wrestling Promotions TV programs. He's been pretty forthright in indicting the industry for basically being lazy.
    They underestimate the intelligence of the viewer. (I guess not in SOME cases...)
    I can watcha feud that goes longer than a month. ("HBK/Jericho")

The same stuff gets said on this forum every day... about what the WWE needs to do (or TNA... but not ROH... they are the greatest wrestling promotion in the history of the world... just ask any "smark")
    Yet I complain about the PPV cost and quality and I get crucified.
    nice.
    Ok, keep lying to yourself about how AMAZING they are and how they are TOTALLY worth the money.

As for the humor... I'm sorry if you didn't "get it"... I didn't think it was SO intellectual and subtle that the geniuses on these boards would fail to grasp it.

Have fun watching a "Very special RAW" and paying your cable bill.

Currently 9 no, 8 yes, 3 unsure.
    You'd think EVERYONE would order it.
    hmm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldSpirit View Post
    But I'm not going to spend $50 to watcha mediocre PPV.
    You say its mediocre, and that people only call it the best card of the year because of "name value", because its "the grandest stage of them all". I'm sure casual fans will buy it to mainly see legends such as The Rock, SSCA, Trish Stratus, and others. But for people who watch it for the wrestling(like myself), you would see that the card/future card is going to have many great matches. I can name some right now, off the bat, and tell you why they are worth watching.

1) The Miz vs. John Cena for the WWE title: You said that besides an appearance by The Rock, what else is good about this match? It sounds to me that you would watch this match for The Rock hitting a Rock Bottom on both men, rather than a 20 minute match for the WWE championship. What happened to watching it for the wrestling? Now Cena isn't the best wrestler out there, and neither is The Miz, but you can be sure that this will be a better match than anything with Eve in it.

2) Undertaker vs. HHH: Who are you to say when someone should retire from doing what he loves? I know many of us get that feeling that Triple H burys everyone upon his return, but hes a big name in the business, and can continue to draw big crowds, and main event PPVs. This will probably be the match of the night, and perhaps of the year, in the WWE. Taker has gotten older, slower, and people say that his injuries have caught up with him, but if you've been watching Wrestlemania the past few years, you'l know damn well that everytime Takers in a match at Mania, he brings his A game, and puts on the best damn match that you will see.

3) Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio: I don't know why you find ADR boring, maybe because you just do? Hes been shoved down our throats for a reason: hes the future mexican star of Smackdown. Hes damn good on the mic, has a fucking amazing entrance, and puts on the most entertaining matches on Smackdown. If you don't watch Smackdown, I suggest you start now, or at least go on Youtube and see what this guy has to offer. As for Edge, hes been limited by the PG rating, and can no longer do the edgy(no pun intended) stuff that he used to do. But hes still got it, for a veteran. You also said that there will obviously be a Spear involved. Why shouldn't there be? Everyone has their own finishers, and Edges' just happens to be a Spear. This will be right up there with the other top matches of the night.

4) C.M. Punk vs. Randy Orton: This IMO, may very well be the best match of Mania this year. Punks matches are usually gold, and Orton can draw out the match longer, since he can take a beatdown, and then comeback with his signature moves.

5) Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes: I think that you completely missed the point of this match here. Whether or not Cody will beat Rey, this feud, and match has a goal-to put over Cody Rhodes, and have him make his transition into the main event. The kids got talent, no one can deny that. Hes not yet ready to compete for the world title, but a feud with a maineventer like Rey could set the groundwork for him doing that. As for Rey, yeah the kiddies like him, so what? Hes what, 38? And still puts on awesome matches. He doesn't botch his moves, and can hit them as well as he did all those years ago. This match is going to have several spots, and will be one hell of an exciting bout.

6) Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus: If you've watched Daniel Bryan, you'd know why they have, in the past, called him the best wrestler in the world. Last year, he put on better matches than the entire roster, including the veterans. Not bad for a "newbie" huh? He stole the spotlight at virtually every PPV, and has brought prestige to the US title, by holding it for a damn long time, and actually defending it regularly. Sheamus' matches are always fun to watch, for me. He knows how to put on a good match, and draw people in to watch it. This match can be good, if not better than Edge vs ADR.

In closing, there are several matches that I believe, are worth paying for. Sure its quite costly in the States, but if you are very passionate about something, like you said you were, than I think $50 is worth it, for the wrestling PPV of the year, and I think I've told you why.

Blog Entries
    ^^Brilliant post! Awesome TBO!

Black Ninja!
    Brownie FTW! I agree man, this is a real good card from top to bottom.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Blog Entries
    *awaits response by Goldspirit as to why the card still sucks*

The card still sucks.

Blog Entries
    It is not confirmed!

Blog Entries
    might go out with some friends and watch it at the sports bar. Or better yet, the best place to pick up ladies APPLEBEES

I am NOT a casual fan. Let's get that straight. I watch wrestling FOR THE WRESTLING (wow...what a shocking revelation.). So let's not act like it's a question of my appreciation for the art of wrestling. That's sort of MY ENTIRE POINT. As for your "explanation" of why each match will be good:

Miz v Cena

First thing. Yes. Rock needs to layeth the smackdown on all their candy asses. but I digress...
    I'd LOVE to watch a 20 min match for the WWE Championship... a GREAT match, that is.
    You explain that it will be good by saying "...Now Cena isn't the best wrestler out there, and neither is The Miz...".
    That's like saying Besides this movie sucking it's going to be a good movie.
    What?
    And of COURSE it'll be better than anything with EVE in it.
    That's like saying This fried bulltesticle will taste better than a piece of bloody snot wrapped turd.

2) Undertaker vs. HHH: Who are you to say when someone should retire from doing what he loves? I know many of us get that feeling that Triple H burys everyone upon his return, but hes a big name in the business, and can continue to draw big crowds, and main event PPVs. This will probably be the match of the night, and perhaps of the year, in the WWE. Taker has gotten older, slower, and people say that his injuries have caught up with him, but if you've been watching Wrestlemania the past few years, you'l know damn well that everytime Takers in a match at Mania, he brings his A game, and puts on the best damn match that you will see.

So, I can have an opinion as to whether a guy should "hang it up" or not?
    Actually, yes I can. Hell, YOU even say "...Taker has gotten older, slower, and people say that his injuries have caught up with him...", Yes...very true. They HAVE caught up with him.
    He's the Bret Favre of the WWE. (and ALMOST Ric Flair... I Don't want to see 50 yr old 'Taker in the ring. I don't mark out when the gong tolls.--I DID when I was 9 and he debuted.)
    The WWE and Taker are both UNSURE about his health status. It's not even a matter of it being like "Is he good to go or not?" it's "How much is HHH going to have to carry this match and how do we get away with putting a guy THAT injured out there and still sell it.".
    I HAVE seen Taker's matches from the past few years. Wrestling years are like dog years. The Undertaker isn't the same guy he was 5 years ago, or 3 years ago. He's not even the same guy he was LAST year. Why do you think it's NO HOLDS BARRED? Because they can go outside, use weapons, etc. it's , surprisingly, LESS physical that way. no big bumps in the ring... just his signatures. I'm neglecting that HHH isn't the same GAME he once was. We aren't watching WM 17. I'm not terribly excited about this match because I don't think, FROM A WRESTLING PERSPECTIVE, it will be very good. I'm sure the WWE will find a way to make us forget how bad the WRESTLING is going to be (see: HBK)

Edge v ADR

Sorry, i don't like ADR... why? He's boring. He's boring on the mic, his entrance is retarded, and that he "...puts on the most entertaining matches on Smackdown..." is not exactly a ringing endorsment. So, GREAT... the future MEXICAN star of the WWE. Well, He, Santino, Koslov, Sheamus, The Ghost of Eddie Fatu, The Iron Shiek, Finlay, Renee Dupree and every other "foreign" wrestler can go start a wrestlers U.N.. Yay. (see: Sin Cara).
    And what, exactly, is limiting Edge about the PG factor? Is it limiting from hitting the gym? Is it limiting him from putting on "so-so" matches?...Is it limiting him from looking like Doc Brown from Back to the Future?
    As for the comment about the Spear... (a joke. a goddamned joke.... as the entire "breakdown" was mean to be.
    Still don't give a rat's ass about this match. Awesome that they are really going all in on Del Rio. (see: NEW CHAMPION CROWNED AT WM)

Punk v Orton
    Apparently, and astoundingly, we agree.
    I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Rey v Cody Rhodes

So, the entire point of this match is to put over CR? Great... awesome. And Rey jobs again.
    Hasn't Cody gotten a win in his career over the Vets in WWE?
    Sad that I'll be forced to watch a JOB at WM.
    Why, exactly, would this transition CR to the mainevent?
    So, he wins against an injury prone, 38 yr old smurf who, by his own admission, isn't the wrestler he was and has had to "modify"... yay.
    Ric Flair? good news. You're still in the game.
    you're entertaining. you don't botch your moves and you can hit them as well as you did all those years ago. (see: ridiculous falling down, praying for mercy, kicking people in the nuts)
    This match has about as much charisma as a mime with aspergers, post stroke.

Daniel Bryan v Sheamus

I've watched DB. And yes, he would be awesome to watch at the VFW hall. YAY! A hero for SMARKS!
    Now, I'll admit. I LIKE DB. but I'm not going to go out on a limb (and reach for the IWC brand Kool Aid) and say he is the "Greatest Wrestler in the World". But please, fell free to explain to me EXACTLY AND IN DETAIL why he IS...
    now, to quote you "...Last year, he put on better matches than the entire roster, including the veterans...." Really? He put on better matches? Did they tape them because I'd LOVE to see them. I DID see him have some pretty good matches (from SS on.) but I want to see these AMAZING matches, the likes of which have NEVER been seen!!
    and then you follow up with... " Not bad for a "newbie" huh? He stole the spotlight at virtually every PPV..." ...(silence)...
    Really?

Summerslam: Wrestled for Team WWE against The Nexus (wait... why is DB on team WWE? Oh, well... i guess it doesn't matter. wait... didn't he choke a dude? forget it)
    Eliminates: DARREN YOUNG and HEATH SLATER
    Gets hit in the head by Miz.
    done.
    AMAZING! Smarks cry out in unison "He's BACK! THEY FINALLY LISTENED TO THE REAL FANS!!!!"

Night of Champions:
    DB v Miz for the Us Championship
    Wins yet somehow still manages to job for the Miz...clearing his way to the WWE title.
    Really unbelievable match here.
    The Greatest Wrestler in the World beats a guy you say "isn't the best wrestler in the world..."
    What an EPIC showdown.
    Student meets teacher in this EPIC match.
    ooooooooookkkkkkkk.
    So 30 year old "not bad for a newbie" Bryan Danielson...oops...Daniel Bryan... wins the US title after only 11 years in the business.Beating the incomparable Mike Mizanin...oops...The Miz,,, a 30 year old with 7 years in the business.
    What bright up and comers. To be so young and FINALLY get a break.
    And to top it off, for the most coveted prize in the business... The United States Championship! A belt thats been around since 2003! (no, I'm NOT counting the WCW or NWA incarnations. They are NOT the same thing. sorry fellas. And yes, I KNOW that there HAVE been some amazing wresters to have the belt in that time... but let's look back at the US Champions since Chris Benoit (yikes. and, who incidentally, first LOST to and then beat the Legendary Orlando Jordan for the belt):

MVP (won it from Benoit. Somehow didn't get choked to death doing so.)
    MATT HARDY (who took it with him...making it an ECW exclusive title. Wow. Talk about prestige. Thank god he lost it to the next man.)
    Shelton Benjamin (Smackdown exclusive now.. wha? Little known fact here: Shelton Benjamin's blood is beige.)
    MVP (again... now it's a RAW exclusive title....double Wha? Little known fact: MVP was hurt climbing a one foot fence. He couldn't get over.)
    KOFI KINGSTON ( along with Superman is the only being alive able to leap small buildings in a single bound. That's how over HE gets. "Hey, Kofi... the kids like you. Have this pretend title. It'll look good in your weed stankin living room, right next to your "How to fake a patois" correspondence diploma.)
    THE MIZ (We have to give this kid a title... he has compromising pictures ofKevin Dunn.)
    BRET HART ( Harts contract states: He will appear only if he is "arquetted" a title. and he has to have a 6 pack of diet cokes and a deli tray in his dressing room.)
    VACATED
    R Truth (beats Miz for the title. Continues to be Old White Peoples idea of "non threatening rapper. They think he sings "gittin jiggy wit it". What IS up? no longer has a name like that of a convenience store.)
    MIZ (beats John Morrison. Fun fact... Morrisons blood is even beiger than Benjamins. Zack "This is gettin ri-godamn-diculous" Ryder, and K-Kwik...errr... R Truth)
    Leading us back to DANIEL BRYAN
    With a pedigree like that no WONDER the US title is so sought after.
    As for Sheamus... i haven't seena guy work that stiff since I watched "Debbie does Dallas". Hey look, there's a goddamn albino fighting a guy whose teeth are too big for his head.
    KING Turd of Sh&% island.
    There's a REASON they are burying the poor FELLA.
    I'm Irish and he makes me hate the Irish.

In conclusion (like a highschool essay):
    $50 is NOT worth paying to watch WM.

Buy the hype. Let the video packages and montages manipulate you.
    I'll watch it free later that night and STILL feel cheated.