View Poll Results: Will you be ordering WRESTLEMANIA?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 40.00%
  • No

13 43.33%
  • Unsure

5 16.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's not about price... it's about VALUE.
    I'm not going to fool myself into thinking this is a GREAT Wrestlemania.
    Let's be honest... it isn't.
    Sorry.

My thoughts on the supposed matches already set for WM:

The Miz vs. John Cena for the WWE title
    Outside of The Rock, what's to see here? I'm loving The Miz (Did I just lose my IWC cred)... But yet ANOTHER "Cena for the Title" match at a PPV. yawn. Unless this is his heel turn it'll be a snoozefest. My Predicition? Cena's car gets knocked over by an oversized rack of brontosaurus ribs. Miz bangs Wilma.

Undertaker vs. HHH
    One's ready to retire, the other should retire (you figure it out.). I Love(d) both these guys. I thought The Game was the best in the biz for a long time, but this match has been shoe horned in (By The Game himself, no doubt. Forget story lines or, you know, anything else the two have done in the past year or so and let;s just throw them together because, well, what else do we have?)- My prediction? HHH breaks the streak. (or is that a WISH?) And then proceeds to bury anyone threatening or who hasn't bought and watched "The Chaperone" at LEAST 8 times.

Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World heavyweight title
    STOP SHOVING ADR DOWN MY THROAT! I'm not buying it. Boring character. Edge looks about as good as Charlie Sheen right now (Tiger Blood? Or is he a Warlock... no, wait, he's a vampire.... non-sparkly.) Let me guess... there will be a spear involved (as well as edges gut hanging over his trunks. Is it me or does Edge have about as much definition as the word "THJHDJKECKNCEK"?). My Predicition? ADR wins... Now shoved so far down my throat that his boot laces are hanging out of my ass. Mexican drug cartels call temporary ceasefire to celebrate.

C.M. Punk vs. Randy Orton
    Finally, a match worth watching. What can I say about this one? Punk rules. Orton... well, Orton does SOMEthing. It should be good. (Plus the Writers love Orton... his "punt" should be renamed the"Future endeavor". My Prediciton? Punk wins. IWC calls ceasefire to celebrate.

John Morrison & Trish Stratus & Kelly Kelly vs. Dolph Ziggler & Layla & Michelle McCool
    "Ok, listen up. When I pull your name out of this hat you will line up eaither to the left or the right of me. Try to look excited."
    Botch fest 2011. (Val Kilmer v Mark Wahlberg. sweet.) my prediciton? Snack/bathroom break-- Did I just hear Vicki G?

Wade Barrett & Ezekiel Jackson & Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel vs. Big Show & Kane & Kofi Kingston & Christian
    Yaya, Christians back! (to the midcard!!). I have an idea... let's not defend the Tag belts! Let's have a clusterf&*$ of a match mid show. (Wasn't Kane the CHAMPION, like, not THAT long ago?? Oh how the mighty have fallen.) This is going to be a HIGHLIGHT REEL of a match. My prediction? LET'S PUT OVER THE CORRE! (why?) Oh, And Zeke by having him DOMINATE Show. Isn't this match on smackdown every week? Surprised Kofi isn't wrestling for the IC belt. Isn't that explicitly in the PPV contract? "Kofi must wrestle for and lose the IC title at every PPV for the rest of his career." The CORRES is then disbanded to form a new stable "The New Corre".

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
    "We need to put Rey in a match... The kids love him". A match that accomplishes absolutely nothing. My Prediciton? Rey gets hurt. (sin Cara comes in, takes a crap on Rey's chest "A Guadalajara steamer".)

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with Jack Swagger in Cole’s corner and Steve Austin as referee
    Hey... Let's have an actual ACCOMPLISHED WRESTLER face off against the embodiment of a yeast infection, oh AND give Swagger heat/credibility by using Austin like can of sterno. My prediciton? Swagger is the GM! ugh. Oh, Lawler loses. Blames dead mother. Offers to frost Coles tips after the match. Austin drinks beer (tries to not assault current lady friend.)

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus with Gail Kim in Bryan’s corner and the Bellas in Sheamus’ corner
    Dunn says Sheamus loses in the most embarassing fashion possible while STILL burying Bryan. A feat unmatched in the annals of WM history. Thery should wrestle this match MMORPG rules... Dragon vs Ghost King. I rolled a 16. LIGHTENING BOLT! LIGHTENING BOLT! My prediction? Sheamus loses and the crowd goes mild.

WWE Divas Match
    UGH. UGHHHHH.
    Unless this is the debut of KONG and she flattens the hell out of this models I'll SUE! My Prediction? A diva breaks her neck doing running bulldog.

Yay... this is a thouroughly underwhelming card.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Another thread about someone bitching about PPV prices being too high. If your'e going to order 1 ppv a year, it should be WM. Why? The matches on the card will have had much more buildup than any other PPV, due to the month and a half gap beetween the Elimination Chamber PPV, and Wrestlemania. It looks to be a good card, except for a few matches, and even a few that will probably be announced shortly. I'm looking forward to performances by Drew Mcintyre, and Kofi Kingston, even if they are involved in a stupid 6-man match, like the rumors said. Hell, even Jerry The King Lawler vs Michael Cole might have a payoff: We might see one of them fired, and the GM revealed. Stone Cold as the special ref is a bonus to that. The other matches on the card look good, and yes, even The Undertaker vs Triple H -.- How can you say that it will be a boring match? Have you seen Taker's Wrestlemania matches as of late? He maybe older, and slower, but he can still fucking go at Mania, and usually puts on the best match of the year in the WWE. In conclusion, order Wrestlemania, and download/stream the rest of the PPVs.
    This.

GoldSpirit(cough)

Noone is forcing you to watch Wrestlemania. If you don't want to watch it, fine. There are other people that is willing to watch it. Every PPV will lack something but since this is Wrestlemania, the best will be shown. Sure the matches look a little dull but we haven't seen the matches yet. We don't know what will happen.

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    After reading your ramblings GoldSpirit I have came to the conclusion that perhaps your love for pro rasslin is no more. You seem to complain about damn near everything. I understand some people can't afford paying for ppv's, its a tough world out there. But if you do watch Wrestlemanina the next day like you said, I'm pretty sure your not going to like what happened regardless. You seemed to have "grown up" and pro rasslin isn't as entertaining as you once thought it was. It's ok, it's a different product nowadays not to mention the internet damn near took all the fun away from it. Ask yourself this question, when was the last time you were really surprised?? I'm sure it's been awhile, I know it has been for me and I rarely read the spoilers. That's what keeps it fun for me but pro rasslin is also in my blood. I read where you said ppv's are just a continuation of Raw and Smackdown, thats just not true my friend. Raw and Smackdown build up f-e-u-d-s to the ppv. At the ppv's thats where the conflict usually ends. Its episodic television at its best. I try to look at the good parts of the show and not really dwell on the bad, it makes for a much more pleasurable viewing experience.

Goldspirit, i agree with you all the way.

the only match on the Mania card that looks even close to being good is CM Punk vs. Randy Orton & Undertaker vs. Triple H.

ppv matches as well as raw n smackdown matches have just lost its good quality matches as they're too short, too predictable or either the wrestlers in the ring just dont know what they f**k they're doing.

Blog Entries
    I think SG, Brownie & IPITS are focussing too much on it being about Wrestlemania. That's not his entire point. The gist I got was that if there weren't so many damn PPV's, Goldspirit might be more likely to pay the big bucks for the big show. Hell, even I have only started ordering any wrestling ppv's in the last year or so.

But the fact does remain - if you don't want to order it, don't. It's up to you. If the WWE product has gone off the boil for you, then maybe it's something else you're looking for?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think SG, Brownie & IPITS are focussing too much on it being about Wrestlemania. That's not his entire point. The gist I got was that if there weren't so many damn PPV's, Goldspirit might be more likely to pay the big bucks for the big show. Hell, even I have only started ordering any wrestling ppv's in the last year or so.

But the fact does remain - if you don't want to order it, don't. It's up to you. If the WWE product has gone off the boil for you, then maybe it's something else you're looking for?
    I really think GoldSpirit doesn't like pro rasslin. Its not just about Wrestlemania, from ADR to Trish Stratus he is Debbie downer. He just doesn't like the product period. IPEEINTHESHOWER has enough common sense to turn the channel if he doesn't like something on TV. Maybe he should look into MMA for entertainment, of course this is just my opinion.

I LOVE WRESTLING.
    Jesus... why else would I be on here WRITING about it.
    I HATE BAD PPVS.
    THEY COST TOO MUCH.

WWE COULD DO A BETTER JOB.
    THERE ARE TOO MANY PPVS.

THERE USED TO BE BETTER PPVS.

its that simple.
    I wrote a VERY lengthy explanation about it, including stats, figures and examples... but screw it.
    it's just as simple as i just said it.

I remember watching the FIRST Wrestlemania.
    I've been a fan all my life.
    I just want the WWE to realize that if they want peole to shell out 50 plus bucks then they need to make it worth the money.

Wrestlemania isnt GREAT just because it's Wrestlemania.
    Thats like syaing "The superbowl is AWESOME every year."
    it isn't. Sometimes it sucks.

This Wrestlemania looks pretty sucky.

I'm not that into Kool Aid, sorry.

BTW... did anyone get that I was trying to be , you know...funny?

I'm not sure if there are so many wrestling FANS on here. Maybe wrestling critics and zombies.
    But the FANS are few and far between.

Banned
    Sorry I didn't get the memo when someone bitches about everything its suppose to be humorous. (won't make that mistake again) Is 50 bucks really going to break your bank? I mean it's not 1989 anymore. Entertainment cost money these days, as a matter of fact damn near everything does unless you like walks in the park. I for one don't think the WWE has too many ppv's. I look forward to them. You say you want more build up to the f-e-u-d-s, have you seen society these days. We have the attention span of a 3 year old. People don't want to wait 6 months for two people to get in a fictitious fight, I know I sure don't. Its all about presentation, a good f-e-u-d can be well done in 3-4 weeks time. Can the WWE do better, absolutely. But when you have nothing good to say about the product its time to find different entertainment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    Sorry I didn't get the memo when someone bitches about everything its suppose to be humorous. (won't make that mistake again) Is 50 bucks really going to break your bank? I mean it's not 1989 anymore. Entertainment cost money these days, as a matter of fact damn near everything does unless you like walks in the park. I for one don't think the WWE has too many ppv's. I look forward to them. You say you want more build up to the f-e-u-d-s, have you seen society these days. We have the attention span of a 3 year old. People don't want to wait 6 months for two people to get in a fictitious fight, I know I sure don't. Its all about presentation, a good f-e-u-d can be well done in 3-4 weeks time. Can the WWE do better, absolutely. But when you have nothing good to say about the product its time to find different entertainment.
    I can't agree with this IPITS. This is why WWE are tearing through their roster and leaving potential stars with nothing to do. Surely you are familiar with the concept of a f-e-u-d not being settled by one simple PPV match? This whole idea of whoever gets away with the win at the ppv is the real victor is stupid!
    Take Rey for example - he get's thrashed out all the time; Batista; Kane; Chavo; Del Rio to name but a few - then chalks up one measly win at a ppv and he's somehow 'won' that feud? I don't want 6 months lead up to a match - I want 6 months of matches!!! But like you said, we do have short attention spans and it's a sad indictment of our collective intelligence