Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena

I have to get this rant out of me. First off, bringing Cena back in my opinion was too early. Second, giving him a WHC shot against Alberto Del Rio. Now, believe it or not, Alberto Del Rio has established himself as a credible heel (disregarding his stale character and lack of promo skills). Still however, very tough to beat. Why waste such a built up and threatening heel on John Cena? Why not give someone else a chance to beat Alberto for the WHC and get a huge babyface push.

The perfect man for this was Dolph Ziggler in my opinion. Think of, the first time in the WWE (or at least I saw) there was a double turn which worked out perfect. In their rematch for the WHC Alberto Del Rio would win. They eventually went their seperate paths, Ziggler facing Big E and AJ going toward Summerslam and later Dean Ambrose, and then Alberto Del Rio with Christian and RVD. I thought this was absolutely fine. It gave time for Alberto to establish himself more as the overdog and let Ziggler help out among other stars. HIAC would have been the perfect way to get their final match intact. HIAC is that match that stands for the great finale of a series of matches. This would have been a perfect way to do it.

Or at least give the chance to another upcoming babyface. It just seems like a wasted opportunity. Thoughts?
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Blog Entries
    I couldn't disagree more. I think this a golden opportunity for someone fresh to get a push. I mean, think about it, Alberto Del Rio hasn't really made any heads turn during his world championship run so it would't do anyone much good if they were to beat him. John Cena, on the other hand, is a whole new can of worms. We're talking about the most recognizable wrestler in the world right now. When the Rock was going to go over at Wrestlemania 18 in a "passing the torch" scenario, they chose the biggest icon in wrestling at the time in Hulk Hogan. It wouldn't have gone over as big as it did had it been someone like "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, Ted DiBiase, The Ultimate Warrior, or even Ric Flair because Hogan was a bigger name then them. If you truly believe that Dolph Ziggler deserves to be in the spotlight as the World Heavyweight Champion, I don't know why you'd not want him beating Cena for the title.

Blog Entries
    I just wanna say.....John Cena heel turn. It's coming.

But I'm hoping this is just a way for Sandow to cash in. Like it or not, Cena sells tickets. If he's healthy, then thats just how it's going to be. I think we should all just be thankful they didn't shit all over the DB/Orton/StepHHHanie storyline by wedging Cena in there somehow. Small blessings and all that.

Blog Entries
    AND it will bring PRESTIGE back to the WHC!

valid points. del rio also has a win over punk and cena..

this is a set up for cena to turn heel. cena turns heel and at mania cena (whc) vs bryan (wwe) ...YES!YES!YES!

Blog Entries
    Mark my words, Cena will never be heel. not in the next 5 years anyway. It would be a dream to see the throwback jerseys and cocky raps directed at his opponents, but Cena is the WWE cash cow, unfourtunate as it is, that's the way it is. Too many kiddies would be upset at a heel turn. And the kiddies are the ones buying/receiving most of the WWE merchandise. Heel Cena equals unhappy kiddies which leads to less revenue. Just not gonna happen. Plus Cena is very recognizable for his charity work with Make-A-Wish Foundation. Be hard to, as an adult/parent, believe in Cena as a bad guy when hes out that weekend signing some chemo patient youngster his autographed Hustle Loyalty Respect T-Shirt. We IWC guys would jizz for a heel Cena, but we are not the main demographic, look at it that way my friends.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    AND it will bring PRESTIGE back to the WHC!
    I think Swagger fucked that up in 2010 Rob, sorry to burst your bubble. Hell, it was probably Khali in 07.

Del Rio should make Cena tap.

Think about this, having Del Rio win clean by submission. And having the fued keep going with cena playing up the I came back too early role. With del rio working the arm always in the fued. Cena heals in time and overcomes the odds.By the time wrestle mania roles around cena becomes champ.

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

By having Cena win the WWCH it proves how Corprate Cena is, he has done nothing to earn the title shot. I imagine that they would of use him as the anticorprate Cena, if they do, how would this help?

Super Cena no sells everything and wins another world title...what a surprise.

Cena is the reason why I stopped watching wrestling, him being out is why I started again. Now its time for me to stop.