Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    That's ok. We've all accepted that you're more gimmick than person, and it's become fun
    I got the self-quote and the Jurassic Park references, but the first one I don't get. I never say "Ladies, please" lol! And I don't really get what TJB was on about either...
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I got the self-quote and the Jurassic Park references, but the first one I don't get. I never say "Ladies, please" lol! And I don't really get what TJB was on about either...
    Are you kidding me?

"Take it to PM Ladies." Ring a bell?

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Are you kidding me?

"Take it to PM Ladies." Ring a bell?
    Wouldn't say I've used that phrase often! Or maybe I have without noticing? I dunno!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Wouldn't say I've used that phrase often! Or maybe I have without noticing? I dunno!
    It sounds like something you would say tho lol

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

I hear ya to the fullest on that K2J. No doubt.

If anything, I encourage it. You're young still, do what you can with what you got and be all you can when it counts. You know, what's right and most important and what really takes precedent on that issue; priorities, chances, and keeping your head on straight. I'd hate to see you fail out of a class halfway through because you did IC with me too much ;P

Yea if you ain't talked to R(ob) already, get in touch with a folk anytime you need or want homes.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    state of efedding nowadays(poor character management, vague direction, expectations for reviews, etc.), you might understand where I'm coming from.
    Not going to lie, this bit annoyed me and I'm not even on a creative team. These guys put hours of work into getting shows together for people to read. Not getting a review is a slap to the face, its like expecting a date but then you get stood up. Reviews are the reasons why shows go up. No reviews mean a lack of desire to do the show. Its like, why bother if no ones going to acknowledge the work we just did.

I really don't understand what you mean by poor character management or vague direction. If you're talking about your characters, bring it up with the creative. Torphy did in the discussion thread of EWNCW. If you're talking about everyone in general then I don't know which shows you are reading, because the ones I read have excellent character management and story development.

It just irked me a bit when you said all of this. We expect shows, they expect reviews.

Creative Member of RTE

EWNCW:
    Van Darius

TWE/RTE:

Van Darius:
    *TWE/RTE Champion (9/23/12 - 2/14/14)

IWA:
    Ivan Draymen
    Van Darius
    *IWA Endurance Champion (4/28/13 - 8/4/13)

WWE:
    * Sheamus (US Champion 1/20/13 - )
    * Rob Van Dam

Dream Team Invitational:
    *The Vandals (w/ Van Hooligan X)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vandarius View Post
    I really don't understand what you mean by poor character management or vague direction. If you're talking about your characters, bring it up with the creative. Torphy did in the discussion thread of EWNCW. If you're talking about everyone in general then I don't know which shows you are reading, because the ones I read have excellent character management and story development.
    You weren't meant to fully understand because left that part vague on purpose. It was for me to discuss with creative with my PM's. And for the record, you and I aren't in the exact same feds so I was referring to different things all around, not just with one particular fed. If I have a problem with the way a storyline goes or how my character is treated, I won't pretend it doesn't exist just so I don't hurt anyone's feelings. So no, I wasn't referring to everyone in general and I don't how that irks you but if it does, just know that I won't be changing my feelings on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandarius View Post
    Not going to lie, this bit annoyed me and I'm not even on a creative team. These guys put hours of work into getting shows together for people to read. Not getting a review is a slap to the face, its like expecting a date but then you get stood up. Reviews are the reasons why shows go up. No reviews mean a lack of desire to do the show. Its like, why bother if no ones going to acknowledge the work we just did.
    And if I haven't lost any friends yet, this might be where it happens.

See? THIS is exactly what I'm talking about. Look, I understand that reviews are important and all but the expectations concerning reviews, can get ridiculous at times and this paragraph sums up my gripes perfectly. This implies that I can give shows my best promos week in and week out along with committing to storyline development with IC'ing but it doesn't mean squat because I don't give reviews? And neglecting to do so is a slap to the face? Y'know, I remember a time when reviews weren't even a thing and creative members, that posted shows, would be okay with basic acknowledgement like "Good job!" or "Way to go!" and that'll be it. They didn't expect feedback or get uptight just because it wasn't there. Shows went up regardless and interest in the fed was gauged by how much activity happened not by how many people did or didn't leave a show review.

And that last sentence of yours? It leaves more of a bitter taste in my mouth. I've told people, a few times before, that with my feedback, I don't kiss ass and I don't brown nose. You won't find me telling creative or anyone who contributed to the show what a super fantastic job they did and leave it at that. And you know what? That means that if feedback isn't coming in from me or anyone else, because apparently that means we "just don't care", that means that I'm depriving both creative and the promo writers and as far as creative goes, all I'll be depriving them is a pat on the back with flowery and flattering discourse. If anything, I feel worse for the promo writers because their work could always be improved on and without feedback from other users, it may not happen. Yet for some reason, I've read instances where some creative members are like, "Where are the reviews?! Why aren't you appreciating what we do more?!". Hell, if you want gratitude, I can give you gratitude but like I was referring to before, a simple "Thank you!" or "You guys rock!" should suffice. Remember when I was doing my KayFabulous vlogs? Yeah, I barely got a past two sentences with most of the responses I got but in the end, it suited me just fine because at least I knew that people were reading and people were enjoying what I was doing. Oh and I don't recall ever guilt tripping people into doing it either. Not pointing fingers with that last statement, either. If the shoe fits.

So overall, that was what I was getting at, Vand. But the gist of this thread was that I was relieving my workload a bit but I guess it's good I got that off my chest so thanks for addressing that.

Blog Entries
    I hate to be this guy and Jelly, you know we are buddies... But if you have a problem with vague direction and poor character management wouldn't it be better to review so that creative can here your position on things and possibly change their ways? Just food for thought.

I'm not saying you don't have some good points... But I kind of feel that if you have a problem with something that the creative teams are doing, giving them a review is kind of a great way to go about changing things. As someone who is apart of multiple feds I do sometimes find it bothersome that I'm expected to get reviews in asap... I mean, I review most every show I read... But I might take a few days to post a review... But I can see why creative would get upset if they aren't getting any reviews too. It's a two sided blade.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I hate to be this guy and Jelly, you know we are buddies... But if you have a problem with vague direction and poor character management wouldn't it be better to review so that creative can here your position on things and possibly change their ways? Just food for thought.

I'm not saying you don't have some good points... But I kind of feel that if you have a problem with something that the creative teams are doing, giving them a review is kind of a great way to go about changing things. As someone who is apart of multiple feds I do sometimes find it annoying that I'm expected to get reviews in asap... I mean, I review most every show I read... But I might take a few days to post a review... But I can see why creative would get upset if they aren't getting any reviews too. It's a two sided blade.
    Well, I did say that I'll be contacting creative via PM about the vague direction and booking issues I have so I guess that can count as a "review". lol

And let me just tell you guys, I don't hate reviews. I just hate how reviews have been glorified up to the point where it seems that it's the lifeblood of efedding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Well, I did say that I'll be contacting creative via PM about the vague direction and booking issues I have so I guess that can count as a "review". lol

And let me just tell you guys, I don't hate reviews. I just hate how reviews have been glorified up to the point where it seems that it's the lifeblood of efedding.
    Fair enough man. I just thought that your first two issues were solvable so I thought I'd try to help.

I wonder what it was like before the reviewing of shows was such a big deal to be honest. I mean, I obviously like to see reviews especially when I wrote a match or a promo... But it would be interesting to see how things would be if it wasn't so glorified.

That being said I think everyone has different opinions in efedding and that will always lead to conflict... I know my banter has annoyed people from time to time but others like banter... You can't always win unfortunately.
    #BeJelly