Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bray Wyatt a Raven ripoff?

Wyatt seems very Raven like to me. I find them too similar for me, such as their catchphrases Wyatt's "Follow the buzzards" Ravens "Quote the raven never more". The Wyatt Family and The Flock or Raven's Nest are also similar, as the both are just extensions of their leader and would do anything for them,as cult flowers do for their leader. Raven's pose with his arms out and Wyatt's similar pose all just bugs me. Tom Clark has a column on the bleacher report about Raven's Impact Is Still Being Felt Today with the Wyatt Family in WWE .

Blog Entries
    There's similarities for sure, but they're not entirely the same. Plus, most wresters gimmicks are rip-offs of another gimmick.

Bottom line is, Bray Wyatt is entertaining and great (in my eyes at least). Plus, We all loved Raven, so since we can't have the actual Raven back, this is the next best ting, surely?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Can't deny there are a couple of things which could be seen as similar. However for me, that's nowhere near a bad thing. Wrestling is often recycled and reshaped to make it look new, when it's often something that's already been done when you look deeper.

I however never got the chance to see much of Raven or the Flock, but I'm loving Bray and the Wyatt family.

A cheap plug here, but we (The WWE FED) actually made a story out of this very topic.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be surprised if they originally planned Bray Wyatt to be Waylon Mercy's nephew. Those characters have so much similarities
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Can't deny there are a couple of things which could be seen as similar. However for me, that's nowhere near a bad thing. Wrestling is often recycled and reshaped to make it look new, when it's often something that's already been done when you look deeper.

I however never got the chance to see much of Raven or the Flock,
    but I'm loving Bray and the Wyatt family.

A cheap plug here, but we (The WWE FED) actually made a story out of this very topic.
    Watch some Raven ECW promos on youtube, he delivered some of the best promos I've ever seen. All very unique, and really made me love the character.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Watch some Raven ECW promos on youtube, he delivered some of the best promos I've ever seen. All very unique, and really made me love the character.
    I might very well have too, man.

Thanks for the recommendation.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

If you never got the chance to see Raven in ECW, you've seriously missed out. The Raven character is one of my favourites of all time. I mean I've even created an e-fed character which I've admitted is pretty much a rip-off of Raven.

I definitely see some of the Flock in the Wyatt Family, and I'm totally fine with that.

But the thing that made Raven so special was his feud with Tommy Dreamer and his one with Sandman. Obviously The E' can't do a crucifixion angle, but Wyatt needs some amazing rivalries and angles in order for his gimmick to truly take off. I hope WWE doesn't drop the ball, it has so much potential.
    E-Fed Vet. From 2010 and counting.

2X JBW World Champion
    1X EWNCW World Champion
    14X Chlamydia victim

Quote Originally Posted by K-Jammin View Post
    If you never got the chance to see Raven in ECW, you've seriously missed out. The Raven character is one of my favourites of all time. I mean I've even created an e-fed character which I've admitted is pretty much a rip-off of Raven.

I definitely see some of the Flock in the Wyatt Family, and I'm totally fine with that.

But the thing that made Raven so special was his feud with Tommy Dreamer and his one with Sandman. Obviously The E' can't do a crucifixion angle, but Wyatt needs some amazing rivalries and angles in order for his gimmick to truly take off. I hope WWE doesn't drop the ball, it has so much potential.
    Raven was also very good in TNA. He was never an amazing in ring wrestler, but I just loved the way he can tell a story in the ring, and I consider him one of the top promo cutters of all time, right up there with Mick Foley, and Terry Funk. Shame he wasn't used to his full potential in WWE, I believe a feud with him and The Undertaker would have been fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Raven was also very good in TNA. He was never an amazing in ring wrestler, but I just loved the way he can tell a story in the ring, and I consider him one of the top promo cutters of all time, right up there with Mick Foley, and Terry Funk. Shame he wasn't used to his full potential in WWE, I believe a feud with him and The Undertaker would have been fantastic.
    I only had the chance to watch abit of him in TNA,I think he was involved in an angle with Abyss. I would have loved for him to get a good push in WWE but from what I've heard he was an absolute prick back then, which lead to his release.

But even when he was on Heat, he was awesome with his promos.
    E-Fed Vet. From 2010 and counting.

2X JBW World Champion
    1X EWNCW World Champion
    14X Chlamydia victim

I am almost certain that Bray Wyatt is the love child of Waylon and Raven. It is not exactly a bad thing either as I like Bray's crazy promos. He just needs to stop getting injured every other week.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs