Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bound for "Oh boy"

I just watched Bound for Glory, TNA's supposedly biggest PPV of the year, and after the show, I came to ewrestlingnews to read about it; I wanted to know if this negative feeling I had was just because maybe I had a bad day or did TNA really put me down this time?

Let me first say, I am a wrestling fan for over 2 decades (make that 3 if you count in the "me and my dad" watching WWF in French ! when I was 8 or so) and for the last 5 years, I haven't missed a single show of RAW, Smackdown or TNA..

What I can say is that wrestling and it's entertainment always comes in waves; storylines, characters, matches, they can surprise you or let you go "mèh"; it's al about the moment and sometimes it only takes ONE moment on a whole PPV that makes you go out of your mind...

For the first time I feel sad about a PPV, sad about a company that gave me so many great moments; but when EVERY finish of a match makes me go "WTF just happened" or "That was it???" something is really not going the right way.. For the first time in 5 years I feel that this might been the beginning of the end instead of a new beginning...

Can you guys tell me if you feel the same way or have I missed something positive to watch out for in the near future? Please, no bashing companies; I want it to go about bad finishes, lame storylines in and outside the ring, an ultimate X unworthy calling it an X-divison match, Bad Influence not even taken seriously on PPV,...

...a world champion giving AJ Styles (he did make me go "holy shit" when going through the table) the beating of a lifetime and then after one splash he stays flat 1 2 3 (Time Issues?? really??!!),...

Roode/Angle and AJ/Bully matches were enjoyable other than that it was meh.

i read the results on here early this morning and thought meh and a bit confused as to most the finishes. (ultimaate x, tag, knockouts, angles hof, abyss) im still confused about the angle hof thing. i dont know if they are storylining it to build to another sting angle feud or what but to me the HOF ACTUAL induction should not be storylined at all.

anyway, i decided to watch the ppv anyway to see if i missed anything, so far im up to the knockouts match and its been on pause for 2 plus hours because i want to get through watching it but its just draining seeing it. considering its TNAs biggest PPV its not really done anything for the company.

i think they will struggle now but i would hope they can pull something out of it. also reading the AJ/bully match, it sounded good and im sure ill enjoy the match when i get round to watching it but they seem to have just thrown the aces and 8s thing ending getting back together blah together at the last minute. i dont know. at the moment ill su it up as TNA BFG = Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBear View Post
    i read the results on here early this morning and thought meh and a bit confused as to most the finishes. (ultimaate x, tag, knockouts, angles hof, abyss) im still confused about the angle hof thing. i dont know if they are storylining it to build to another sting angle feud or what but to me the HOF ACTUAL induction should not be storylined at all.

anyway, i decided to watch the ppv anyway to see if i missed anything, so far im up to the knockouts match and its been on pause for 2 plus hours because i want to get through watching it but its just draining seeing it. considering its TNAs biggest PPV its not really done anything for the company.

i think they will struggle now but i would hope they can pull something out of it. also reading the AJ/bully match, it sounded good and im sure ill enjoy the match when i get round to watching it but they seem to have just thrown the aces and 8s thing ending getting back together blah together at the last minute. i dont know. at the moment ill su it up as TNA BFG = Huh?
    AJ vs Bully Ray wasn't really that great. It wasn't bad either, but Dixie just seems awkward in her current role. Plus, the match had too many repetitive spots by AJ.

Angle vs Roode was really good.

Sting should not be wrestling.

They MUST do something more with Bad Influence. They have been extremely entertaining. It really must be frustrating for those guys, working their asses off and having little to show for it. I even think that Daniels took a jab at management by talking about how much they love to swerve.

"I am not a NUGGET!"

The X-division match ending felt botched and the end to Roode/Angle was a work? (Since I haven't seen reports of Angle being injured) Also, the endings to the main event and co-main event didn't have any hype so yeah, I totally get what you're saying.
    Forum section back on the front page? Sweet!

Have to agree the X Division end was supershitty to the max (reference in there somewhere), Roode vs Angle was confused at two points in that one when the ref lifted Roode's hand basically onto the rope and the ending. The Tag Team match was interesting to say the least. The knockouts ending i didn't see coming i will admit. The EC3 match should never have been on BFG's card. And i think every single person that watches TNA hell even those that don't could see AJ winning the title (very Punk like i might add).

Only watched Bully v AJ so far and have to say i enjoyed it a lot. Bully draws good heat, AJs 450 onto the table was unbelievable, a genuinely very risky move..and he did 2 of them. Could have done with a few more near falls at the end before the finish, it did come as a bit of a surprise to finish up when they did. Great to see AJ celebrating with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by tommytopographic View Post
    Only watched Bully v AJ so far and have to say i enjoyed it a lot. Bully draws good heat, AJs 450 onto the table was unbelievable, a genuinely very risky move..and he did 2 of them. Could have done with a few more near falls at the end before the finish, it did come as a bit of a surprise to finish up when they did. Great to see AJ celebrating with the fans.
    That's the problem with this match to me: the two most memorable things about it were 1. AJ crashing into the table and 2. Bully Ray spitting in the air and catching it in his mouth again. I totally agree with you with the fact that there were few near falls. Those near falls help make the match more intriguing and unpredictable.

Again, it wasn't a bad match, but certainly not the main event match I was hoping.

"I am not a NUGGET!"

Quote Originally Posted by el gabo View Post
    That's the problem with this match to me: the two most memorable things about it were 1. AJ crashing into the table and 2. Bully Ray spitting in the air and catching it in his mouth again. I totally agree with you with the fact that there were few near falls. Those near falls help make the match more intriguing and unpredictable.

Again, it wasn't a bad match, but certainly not the main event match I was hoping.
    It was unsatisfying to say the least... I get that when Bully gets to dictate the pace to slow and hard hitting; but when your challenger is scripted to win at least take some momentum by for example HIT Bully while crashing with a 450 through the table; use the hammer; hit that Styles Splash on the unprotected ringfloor... Gotdamn, this is like Cena winning over Brock Lesnar with one hit at Extreme Rules and I don't want THAT in TNA; Look at Daniel Bryan as an underdog.. He can take a beating and another one and then some, but when he gets in his "Warrior" (LOL) mode, you see him hitting and hitting his foe 2 - 3 - 4 times.. he builds up MOMENTUM and that is what was missing the entire PPV, MOMENTUM...

I will reference again to the Aries vs. Roode match with option C; that was MOMENTUM and it is ALL GONE...