Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Road to Survivor Series

So watching raw tonight a thought crossed my mind. It's very likely we will never see Shawn Michaels step into the ring again, sucks because I'm a huge hbk fan, but that seems to be the truth. As we have seen time and time again, Shawn doesn't have to be wrestling a match to be involved. So with Survivor Series being the next ppv, and the likelihood of there being a traditional 5 on 5 or 4 on 4 match, could you see one of those matches happening with hhh picking the people for one team and Shawn picking the other?

On one hand I could. My only thing is if this happened I would want it to lead to a hhh vs hbk match, and that likely won't happen.

So what do you think? Is this something you'd want to see or do you think it's something that will likely not happen?

Blog Entries
    I think that although unlikely, you shouldn't totally count out the idea of a HHH/HBK match at Wrestlemania. I can even see the Deadman giving his blessing for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    could you see one of those matches happening with hhh picking the people for one team and Shawn picking the other?
    Of course this could happen, and it would be a good thing
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    I for one would love to see HHH & HBK go at it once more.

I love seeing HBK on my screen. He's been my favorite wrestler since I was a kid. I like seeing him involved, and if he sprearheaded a team at SS that would be cool.

But I do not want to see him back in a match. I think its admirable that he has retired, and stayed true to his word. I hate seeing wrestlers "retire" and then come back. HBK went out with a bang, and what would one more match bring us? Sure, it would be nostalgic. But he ended his career the perfect way. Why taint that?

- Artful One

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think that although unlikely, you shouldn't totally count out the idea of a HHH/HBK match at Wrestlemania. I can even see the Deadman giving his blessing for that one.
    This.
    I'm pretty sure that HHH has openly said that he wants his last match to be against HBK too, and HHH vs HBK at Wrestlemania is definitely something I'd want to see as a big HBK fan myself, despite the fact that I find it admirable that HBK has retired and stayed retired thus far. i think it would be fine for him to just do one match against HHH, since it's just one match. It's not as if he's fully coming out of retirement ala Flair.

I also like the idea of a team HHH (captained by Orton) and a team HBK (captained by Bryan) match at Survivor Series.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtfulOne View Post
    I love seeing HBK on my screen. He's been my favorite wrestler since I was a kid. I like seeing him involved, and if he sprearheaded a team at SS that would be cool.

But I do not want to see him back in a match. I think its admirable that he has retired, and stayed true to his word. I hate seeing wrestlers "retire" and then come back. HBK went out with a bang, and what would one more match bring us? Sure, it would be nostalgic. But he ended his career the perfect way. Why taint that?

- Artful One
    Totally agreed!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The optimist in me can see your point, and I hope we get to see HHH vs HBK at WM 30, and I think having a traditional survivor series match like I was saying as a great starting point, but the pessimist in me just can't see HBK wrestling again

Quote Originally Posted by ArtfulOne View Post

- Artful One
    I'm the same way. I started watching the WWE in 2002, and since that point, HBK was/is my favorite wrestler. The first match of his I saw was HBK vs HHH at Summerslam, so to see HHH end his in ring career with HBK would be epic for me. But I also see your point. It would say a lot about Shawn if he truly never wrestled another match

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    This.
    I'm pretty sure that HHH has openly said that he wants his last match to be against HBK too, and HHH vs HBK at Wrestlemania is definitely something I'd want to see as a big HBK fan myself, despite the fact that I find it admirable that HBK has retired and stayed retired thus far. i think it would be fine for him to just do one match against HHH, since it's just one match. It's not as if he's fully coming out of retirement ala Flair.

I also like the idea of a team HHH (captained by Orton) and a team HBK (captained by Bryan) match at Survivor Series.
    To the bolded, originally after watching Raw, that came to mind, but then I figured a few things could happen. Whomever wins the WWE title goes on to feud with either Ryback or Punk or Big Show, or we could see Big Show vs Orton vs Bryan, which to me would not put them in the Survivor Series match. Plus I think if they did a team HHH vs team HBK the major feud would focus on HHH and HBK and the people on the teams have mini feuds leading into the PPV

I don't think HBK will ever wrestle again. I can see him taking on a managerial role though.

I wouldn't be shocked to see HHH vs HBK at Mania this year. I like the tension they have been building between the two. I would prefer HBK to stay retired from competition, but one last HHH vs HBK match would be great.

wrestlingsucks.net
    for all your random wrestling needs