Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA Roster

Blog Entries

TNA Roster

After reading a comment on the news section, I had to go see this for myself. Go check out the roster page of their website - http://www.impactwrestling.com/roster/Wrestler-Roster

Now, it seems to me to be really quite bare in actual talent. Of the 42(?) listed there, if you take away the 6 Knockouts (6!), 2 MMA guys (Tito not even listed) who barely appear, 6 commentators (2 of them Spanish and barely featured at all), the guy thats listed twice - Joseph Park/Abyss - and Hulk Hogan (is he or isn't he?) and we're left with about 27 wrestlers. Only a handful of these guys are really considered or pushed as top contenders while the rest remain, well, somewhere else ranging from not quite and never will be there.

So, my question is this - is that enough? I know they are a much smaller promotion than that other one but no matter how many times they shuffle their deck, they are going to end up with the same looking hands.

Should TNA jettison Hulk Hogan, Sting, Taz, King Mo, Rampage and attempt to fill those slots with actual workers with some notoriety? Or even a couple more to build or on their way up?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    After reading a comment on the news section, I had to go see this for myself. Go check out the roster page of their website - http://www.impactwrestling.com/roster/Wrestler-Roster

Now, it seems to me to be really quite bare in actual talent. Of the 42(?) listed there, if you take away the 6 Knockouts (6!), 2 MMA guys (Tito not even listed) who barely appear, 6 commentators (2 of them Spanish and barely featured at all), the guy thats listed twice - Joseph Park/Abyss - and Hulk Hogan (is he or isn't he?) and we're left with about 27 wrestlers. Only a handful of these guys are really considered or pushed as top contenders while the rest remain, well, somewhere else ranging from not quite and never will be there.

So, my question is this - is that enough? I know they are a much smaller promotion than that other one but no matter how many times they shuffle their deck, they are going to end up with the same looking hands.

Should TNA jettison Hulk Hogan, Sting, Taz, King Mo, Rampage and attempt to fill those slots with actual workers with some notoriety? Or even a couple more to build or on their way up?
    Interesting... Here's my take, some off this maybe a little off as I haven't watched Impact in about a month so some names may have appeared more recently.

Ok so that's the roster. 46 Active Rostered wrestlers, let's dwindle that down my way.

46 - Commentators
    Mike Tenay
    Tazz
    Jb
    Hector Guerrero
    Willie Urbins

= 41 Wrestler Roster

41 - Knockouts
    Velvet Sky
    Tyran Tyrell
    Gail Kim
    ODB
    Brooke
    Tapa
    Christy Hemme

= 34 Wrestler Roster

34 - Don't count
    Joseph Park/Abyss used twice
    King mo
    Rampage Jackson
    Hulk Hogan

= 30

30 - Hardly/If ever used lately/ever
    Zemi Ion
    Spud
    Rob Terry
    Sam Shaw

Leaves 24 Active Roster

Tag Teams.
    Daniels/Kaz
    Gunner/Storm
    Hernandez/Chavo
    Robbie/Jessie

Now I know they aren't fixed but ATM they are more prominent in the tag division. Leaving...

14 Single

Now let's take away the ones who are there but are they really ATM do they do anything or bring anything?
    Joseph Park
    Eric Young (It pains me to include him but unfortunately TNA are not using him.)
    Jay Bradley
    Briscoe

So that leaves 10 active roster singles who actually have any Impact on the roster ATM. And I'm leaving Bischoff and knux in there only because they appeared at BFG.

So yea they need to do something, start using other talent more like EY, terry and get rid of Park and continue abyss'a return. Other than that they will need a BIG paddle to get out of this creek if they don't have to money to bring in some fresh talent.

This is just my thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Well that was my train of thought, you caught it I am glad. I counted Hemme as part of the announce team since she doesn't rassle. It's a good breakdown and if we put Sting on the part tome/HH pile, thats one less again.

How would you have them push more talent when they only have 2 hours to work in a given week? They have 1/3 the amount of wrestlers as the big company and they are working with 1/8 the amount of time. It is going to be a lose/lose situation because whomever they push (say AJ, Magnus, Sabin, Roode, and they young guys in the Bro Mans), people are going to be upset that Joe/ Aries (depending on who is not feuding with Sabin), Storm, Kenny King, EY, Abyss, etc. Aren't being featured. They don't have the time to focus on all members of their active roster and if they do then you get the Russo results of having random stories that go no where. Which of these is the lesser of the two evils?

I'd rather they focus on simple booking that climaxes in great matches, than for them to give random stories to talent just to say that they are using everybody on the roster. BFG suffered this year due to them trying to get as many stars in the BFG Series and focusing the entire Impact show around it, instead of lower the number of people involved and giving television time to building Bro Mans as something credible and giving more meaning behind both the KO and WHC title feuds.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Yeah I didn't get the Sting/Magnus or Roode/Angle booking to be honest. You're right I think that conclusive and better planned booking would help immeasurably but for me, some flaws are starting to highlight other flaws and thats not good.

Yeah I didn't get the Sting/Magnus or Roode/Angle booking to be honest. You're right I think that conclusive and better planned booking would help immeasurably but for me, some flaws are starting to highlight other flaws and thats not good.
    The Magnus booking was to set up a heel turn, but they should have gone all in instead of this subtle turn. Magnus should have snapped and beat Sting down to take him off TV for some time and make Magnus look like a viscous threat rather than the cocky, "yeah, whatever... I'm better than you" type of attitude he took. The subtle heel turn they are leading to would have been accomplished better again Angle or Joe.

The Angle/Roode booking was done to make the win have that feeling that neither man was better. Honestly, they should have let it be a double count out but even that would have resulted in people being let down by the finish. It makes sense because Roode needed to look strong while Angle (hot off his "I've got more to give" speech) needed to look awesome, but would have been deflated with a loss to Roode. I can't say how they could have booked it better, but the match was stellar.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    The Magnus booking was to set up a heel turn, but they should have gone all in instead of this subtle turn. Magnus should have snapped and beat Sting down to take him off TV for some time and make Magnus look like a viscous threat rather than the cocky, "yeah, whatever... I'm better than you" type of attitude he took. The subtle heel turn they are leading to would have been accomplished better again Angle or Joe.

The Angle/Roode booking was done to make the win have that feeling that neither man was better. Honestly, they should have let it be a double count out but even that would have resulted in people being let down by the finish. It makes sense because Roode needed to look strong while Angle (hot off his "I've got more to give" speech) needed to look awesome, but would have been deflated with a loss to Roode. I can't say how they could have booked it better, but the match was stellar.
    Yeah that was completely contradictory and makes me think if it was just something they were forced into for whatever reason, whether one of them was injured or whatnot

Yeah that was completely contradictory and makes me think if it was just something they were forced into for whatever reason, whether one of them was injured or whatnot

The actual end of the match led me to the same conclusion. It looked like Angle was supposed to answer the 10 count quicker and Roode and Hebner were both thrown off by Roode getting to his feet first so they just went for the quickest finish possible (if this is true, props to Roode for selling the fact that he was supposed to be waking up after being passed out).

As for the HOF speech, I think Angle was half truthful with it; he was honest in saying that after his actions this year that he didn't deserve it, and deceitful in that he made the "best is yet to come" comments because he will be leaving TNA soon and doesn't want that "TNA HOF" title following him when he tries going back to WWE.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Do you think he's considering a return to the 'E? Do you also think Dixie hands out things like HoF bullwhips and TNA titles to keep people around?

Do you think he's considering a return to the 'E? Do you also think Dixie hands out things like HoF bullwhips and TNA titles to keep people around?
    Possibly. 'Incentive' for them to stay around. Some folks have gotten titles around heavy reports that they are leaving; WWE likely does it as well, or, as seen in the case of some people(Sheamus' KotR gimmick, I believe, and RVD), they'll put them on a losing streak.

--

I don't really see why he turned it down, I'm surprised there haven't been reports of people who attended the dinner having asked for refunds since Kurt effectively turned it down.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter