Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TNA Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    WWE aren't much different when it comes to consistency, it's just that TNA rings hollow when something like the Dixie storyline is on, while WWE just ranges from tepid to farcical. Because they are "the little engine that could", people look at them and think "Aaaawww, look at widdle TNA trying to wear big boy pants! Aren't they cute?". They try to play a big league game in the minors. Not to say they don't have a few major players but when they foolishly just throw someone like Dixie or Magnus into the mix of some major players (like MEM) thinking that just by association it will make that person look big league, it just comes off looking so amateur. I want TNA to do as well as it can - I want it to rise to WCW proportions (without the crap) but I think tough love is the best approach. Maybe I go too far at times though
    For some it helps to give that feel of a rub. Magnus grew in popularity by his association with Joe, but it was due to the quality of work and improvements shown on the part of Magnus. He made himself look like he was on the same page as Joe; not management placing him WITH Joe. The whole MEM thing should have never came about, but once Joe was in, Magnus was a natural fit and has shined at moments (the segment when he faced off with Anderson when they announced that Kurt was in rehab comes to mind). He has also felt like an afterthought for a lot of it as well.

Dixie is another story. I like the spoiled brat heel she plays but that is because it is one of my favorites. I also like her in a heel role because when I think of the problems with TNA, she is what I consider the root cause due too her poor managerial skills. Her acting is atrocious. Her hair cut is stupid. Her clothes are ugly. These things make it easy to hate and boo her, which is what you want in a heel - kinda like Vickie and the voice. The problem is that these issues I have with her affect TNA and it creates a blurred reality in how much I hate the things about her, but don't feel that this is how you should feel about the owner of a company you enjoy. I had the same issue when VKM first turned heel, but Vince had the talent to evolve from there; something I don't think Dixie can do.

And by no means is being honest being too hard on TNA. Just like in life, you need to be told the truth in order to fix the problem. I just wish more would provide some constructive criticism so there is at least an idea of what would have been a better choice instead of just throwing out there "I don't like this so fix it" without knowing what the desired results should have been in the opinions of a wrestling fan.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Yeah Dixie looks like she dressed for the wrong casting call and still over dressed for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    I was never in to WCW and I didn't start watching TNA till Christian joined so I guess I've never seen Sting at a stage where he could really go in the ring.

To the people that say about repeating history with him I'd say it's his character, his MO. Every year the undertaker builds to a WM match, uses the same thunder and lightning, arena going dark, it's him MO. Its fine for Sting to repeat history, the whole Bat and Rafters thing "That what he do" to misquote Mark Henry.

Sure Sting isn't a character you'd build in this time, but he's established that's how he acts, its how he gets the job done. Its a bit like knowing that when Jerry Lawler gets angry he'll pull the strap down, throw some punches, or that Kane is going to try to burn people he really doesn't like.

Trying to turn AJ Styles into the Sting character from the NWO storyline, that's lazy writing. Having Sting play the part, that's a story that writes it self

Stings prime was as a flat topped surfer in the late 80s, early 90s. Crow Sting was resurgence of his character, but he was at the end of his prime then. His twilight was his first 4 years in TNA and that came to an end when he faced AJ at BFG 09. Every since, he has been a novelty act who can go better than most his age - much like Lawler - due to his safe style in the ring.

While I agree with what you say in that it is Stings MO, not everyone will agree or even pay to see the magic trick that they know the secrets behind. I think the way you booked it would have been a better option than the Magnus vs Sting respect story that was told, but I was simply pointing out that no matter how it is booked, there will be nay sayers to what is presented. Sting/Magnus had potential but I feel the execution caused it to flop, whereas others say it was doomed from the get go and others liked the match and story. It's all just a matter of personal taste, which is fine when we nit pick it. But TNA is marketing to a million of us fans in the US who all have different opinions. At least with this respect/torch pass moment we got to see a story that hasn't been done in quite some time.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    For some it helps to give that feel of a rub. Magnus grew in popularity by his association with Joe, but it was due to the quality of work and improvements shown on the part of Magnus. He made himself look like he was on the same page as Joe; not management placing him WITH Joe. The whole MEM thing should have never came about, but once Joe was in, Magnus was a natural fit and has shined at moments (the segment when he faced off with Anderson when they announced that Kurt was in rehab comes to mind). He has also felt like an afterthought for a lot of it as well.

Dixie is another story. I like the spoiled brat heel she plays but that is because it is one of my favorites. I also like her in a heel role because when I think of the problems with TNA, she is what I consider the root cause due too her poor managerial skills. Her acting is atrocious. Her hair cut is stupid. Her clothes are ugly. These things make it easy to hate and boo her, which is what you want in a heel - kinda like Vickie and the voice. The problem is that these issues I have with her affect TNA and it creates a blurred reality in how much I hate the things about her, but don't feel that this is how you should feel about the owner of a company you enjoy. I had the same issue when VKM first turned heel, but Vince had the talent to evolve from there; something I don't think Dixie can do.

And by no means is being honest being too hard on TNA. Just like in life, you need to be told the truth in order to fix the problem. I just wish more would provide some constructive criticism so there is at least an idea of what would have been a better choice instead of just throwing out there "I don't like this so fix it" without knowing what the desired results should have been in the opinions of a wrestling fan.
    I think Dixie is doing lots of this on purpose.... just to make some hate her more... The way she dressed, the way she talks and acts, the way she running TNA from what we see on TV and even some aspects of what we read on here.....
    The next few months will be interesting to see how TNA evolves around the Dixie Power Trip, will we see changes that will benefit or hurt TNA???
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Big thing with several guys in TNA.... Sting for one is working a way for him to give back to the product, as said he is kept for nostalgic reasons and name brand, same with Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray and even why TNA want to try to keep Hulk Hogan... But also to put the younger guys over, not all cases can they put the younger guy over, sometimes it takes a longer route to get there... Sometimes it can be rushed, but has less effect in a business that evolves around story-telling..

Such as the new Main Event Mafia, which seems to be almost no more... which probably will lead to a feud between the all 4 of them in some shape or form.....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    I think Dixie is doing lots of this on purpose.... just to make some hate her more... The way she dressed, the way she talks and acts, the way she running TNA from what we see on TV and even some aspects of what we read on here.....
    The next few months will be interesting to see how TNA evolves around the Dixie Power Trip, will we see changes that will benefit or hurt TNA???
    I am highly skeptical at the idea of her acting and dress style are a work. Even before the heel turn, she never displayed an ability to act and her clothing choices have been horrible in every interview outside of the Impact programs during the times she was supposed to be the loveable figure head. Again, this goes against her managerial skills because she should either take acting classes, fie her acting teacher if she has one, or get a tutor in house like an Aries or Daniels. Also, she should have fired her fashion stylist years ago.

DRG hates everyone

1.) Dixie-I don't think Dixie's acting is that bad, but then again I haven't seen any of her segments since the first one with AJ Styles. I think Dixie's problem is that she doesn't know how to be disliked which can actually be a problem on stage or behind a camera. In my experience from acting I've seen people who are terrible actors/actresses become great when they get a role that is more like their personality. I'm not saying they are better actors/actresses, but it makes it easier to be a character that fits them personally. I think Dixie either needs to become better at wanting people to hate her or she needs to find someone to fill this role. Or, and please give me hate for this, she could do the unthinkable and recreate a legitimate screwjob against AJ Styles or whoever the champion is at the time. This would really give her nuclear heat and might get some people to watch TNA. However it could also backfire and make no one want to watch TNA.

2.) Sting-He needs to retire and move on with his career. He can no longer go in the ring and I don't see much value with Sting as a manager. Don't get me wrong he is pretty good on the mic, if not very good, but it'll be hard for anyone to get over with Sting's shadow cast over them. Maybe a few years down the road it can work, but for right now Sting needs to just go away from TNA.

3.) New Talent-TNA needs bigger guys on the roster. Look I know we all think that size doesn't matter and it should be about inring skill, but let's be honest we aren't the target market. The target market are the casual fans and WWE's fans who both don't want to see these tiny guys all over the place. I also think that TNA needs to create or find themselves a John Cena. As much as everyone wants TNA to be an alternative of WWE in order to make a profit they need to do somethings that WWE does and that is have a go to guy. They need a super Cena in order to bring in the casual fans and the WWE fans. TNA needs a John Cena and they don't have one on the roster currently.

4.) TNA's Current Direction-I have no idea about TNA's current direction because I don't think TNA knows there current direction ever. I use these examples because they are the most recent. James Storm. TNA built James Storm up for two years only to place him in a randomly thrown together tag team with Gunner and did absolutely nothing with that team. Then you have the MEM and make a big deal up them coming together only to have them fizzle out with nothing accomplished. You made a big deal about signing King Mo and you had him appear at only one event. TNA needs to focus on who they want to push and what they want to do because right TNA is a jumbled up mess. I will continue to watch, but hopefully it does get better.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I am highly skeptical at the idea of her acting and dress style are a work. Even before the heel turn, she never displayed an ability to act and her clothing choices have been horrible in every interview outside of the Impact programs during the times she was supposed to be the loveable figure head. Again, this goes against her managerial skills because she should either take acting classes, fie her acting teacher if she has one, or get a tutor in house like an Aries or Daniels. Also, she should have fired her fashion stylist years ago.
    I think it more she always seem to be a more simple person, I have seen pictures of her looking good in better dresses then now and even her country look.. Then the past year or so when she involve in a story she seems to go more iffy look.... Lots of her acting is bad period which i think clashes with the style she going with.... You never see a soap opera actress or sitcom actress playing the bad-bitc- dressed bad, they always or mostly in in nice dresses, pant suits and looking hot...

I think it more she always seem to be a more simple person, I have seen pictures of her looking good in better dresses then now and even her country look.. Then the past year or so when she involve in a story she seems to go more iffy look.... Lots of her acting is bad period which i think clashes with the style she going with.... You never see a soap opera actress or sitcom actress playing the bad-bitc- dressed bad, they always or mostly in in nice dresses, pant suits and looking hot...

looking way to into it.

She has a nice body for her age and I can respect that she has a more modest style in the types of clothing she wears. But most of it is the patterns and whatnot. I know it's a bit nit picky, but some of them are God awful. What she wore at BFG was fine by me; simple and plain, but fit her conservative style. I was more discouraged by her reactions at BFG than her clothing, but the first promo she went heel in, she was wearing an atrocious top that should be burned with highly toxic chemicals to prevent the chance of it returning to seek revenge.

DRG hates everyone