Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: TNA Roster

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Trust me, I find it alarming on a higher level. If the casual person who follows the company through internet forums can deduce such hidden truths for the faults that TNA has, I am more concerned by how the casual viewers who flip past the channel to have ones attention captured by the inring product (because this IS the selling point for TNA) are to be immediately turned off by something as simple as the announce team, stories, or the look of the show. When you have Austin Aries in the ring or Bad Influence on the mic, you could easily capture the attention of both casual and hardcore fans, but it is hard to keep them once off screen.


    I think it's a travesty that TNA isn't focused more on retaining the pleasure of the hardcore fans on the Internet that could be a very solid base to start garnering fans, but at what point do you alienate the casual fans who don't get the inside jokes or the wrestling cultural references? TNA can do better, in my opinion, by providing the adult alternative to what is seen on the WWE but regardless, hardcore wrestling fans are going to compare the two companies; which is a sad fact because this industry is unique in that regard. Would you compare a 10 year film studio to a 50+ year film studio? Or perhaps a start up gaming studio with several games on the market to a publicly traded company who focuses only on triple A titles?
    If it can be compared through any means... it will be.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

    Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

    Winner of BotN[Seraphim]



    I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

     

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    If it can be compared through any means... it will be.
    I know, which is sad. You wouldn't compare AAA or NJPW to either WWE or TNA, even though they are both wrestling companies. Hell, I can make a valid argument that BOTH are bigger than TNA at that. Yet TNA is constantly compared to the E by both fan groups. Casual fans I can understand, but hardcore fans, since they are thought of as Smarks, should at least be able to see the difference.



    Trust me, this is not an excuse that TNA can use. They need to fix the holes in the boat before agreeing to take passengers on a cruise. Fans have the right to voice their opinions and if TNA is catering to their fans, they will listen to them. Maybe not do EVERYTHING the fans say, but at least listen - which I feel that TNA is doing over the past 2 years with both making Impact Live (which I viewed as a success because it made the show more enjoyable to watch) and taking Impact on the road (which I think failed, but I will be the first to admit as a fan that I wanted to see).


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Which was why I brought up the point of watching the product because the Magnus vs. Sting match was built around the tension in the MEM... Along with the MEM vs. EGO angle and the fact that Joe flashes the double M hand gestures every time he heads to the ring.



    Like I said, you make valid points, but it would seem a bit more authentic if you followed the product - even if you do, once again, bring up very valid and blatant flaws.
    I watch the show and I'd mostly forgotten about the MEM, it's mentioned as a very side thing because it was set up to take down A&8 right? But roster-cuts did that job and MEM became something that would implode without anyone caring because they weren't doing anything for them anyway.

    The whole EGO thing should have spawned 3 one on one matches, ones that would mean something.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    I watch the show and I'd mostly forgotten about the MEM, it's mentioned as a very side thing because it was set up to take down A&8 right? But roster-cuts did that job and MEM became something that would implode without anyone caring because they weren't doing anything for them anyway.

    The whole EGO thing should have spawned 3 one on one matches, ones that would mean something.

    I guess it goes to show that having backstage segments, in ring segments, and even giving Magnus and Joe the MEM music as their entrances does mean that people will see them as a faction; which is quite puzzling. However, you do bring up a good point in that the implosion has been subtle, which is both a good and bad thing... Bad in that it won't give Magnus much momentum in breaking away from a faction that people didn't consider to be in existence. And good in that the faction should have never come back into existence to begin with.


    And yes, the three individual matches would have been a better option. I think a lot of all of this came about by Kurt joining rehab and the story that they were building towards was changed back to the original plan of Kurt vs. Roode at BFG once he was good to go. Either way, it was a poor booking choice by TNA to leave Bad Influence off of the PPV when a Magnus/Joe vs. Bad Influence would have been a better choice. If they would have done that, then who do you put Sting against; Hardy? And then add King to the Ulti X with Aries, Sabin, and Manik?


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  5. #35
    Black Ninja! HCollins-TNA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    from West Virginia and lived in Virginia
    Posts
    9,046
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Trust me, I find it alarming on a higher level. If the casual person who follows the company through internet forums can deduce such hidden truths for the faults that TNA has, I am more concerned by how the casual viewers who flip past the channel to have ones attention captured by the inring product (because this IS the selling point for TNA) are to be immediately turned off by something as simple as the announce team, stories, or the look of the show. When you have Austin Aries in the ring or Bad Influence on the mic, you could easily capture the attention of both casual and hardcore fans, but it is hard to keep them once off screen.


    I think it's a travesty that TNA isn't focused more on retaining the pleasure of the hardcore fans on the Internet that could be a very solid base to start garnering fans, but at what point do you alienate the casual fans who don't get the inside jokes or the wrestling cultural references? TNA can do better, in my opinion, by providing the adult alternative to what is seen on the WWE but regardless, hardcore wrestling fans are going to compare the two companies; which is a sad fact because this industry is unique in that regard. Would you compare a 10 year film studio to a 50+ year film studio? Or perhaps a start up gaming studio with several games on the market to a publicly traded company who focuses only on triple A titles?
    I think lots of TNA struggles goes back to publicity and marketing and the type of fans we have who watch the shows...

    With the Publicity, they have done some good move from time to time having football players at the show, baseball players, etc. and certain stars that I would consider B and C list stars...
    Then marketing, how many fans are aware of TNA actually?? With TNA only being on once a week for 2 hours, compare to the WWE which has 5 main hours, but over 8 hours of programming a week.... This brings me to think lots of fans are just not aware of TNA... This also goes into the type of fans we have watching... The hardcore TNA fan, who watches religiously, the casual fan who might flip through see wrestling on and just watch, the non-casual fan who might watch cause of the name on TV, we have the haters out there who just don't watch and rather say something bad cause they think it something unworthy of watching.... Then we also have the fans who will watch both and want to compare, when some comparisons just don't make sense...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

  6. #36
    I'd have written sting off a couple of weeks before the PPV, used him to give more momentum to EGO, have Magnus handcuffed and watching the beat down that put him out.

    Would have had him turn up at the PPV, rafters bat, say nothing and kept him back to build something for the next PPV as the current one is so busy.

    Mangus + Joe vs Bad Influence would likely have been match of the night, Roode and Angle could have thrown together their match and Sting could then either come back to chasing EGO with his bat or finish of A&8 (unlikely as that feud faded out)

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    I think lots of TNA struggles goes back to publicity and marketing and the type of fans we have who watch the shows...

    This one statement points to what I feel is truly responsible; management. If you're marketing team is not creating a buzz to get fans to the shows, fire them. If your publicist can only get a few C list stars to your product sparingly, fire them. If your writing staff can't keep a story compelling past the first 3 weeks, fire them. If your talent relations rep can't keep the talent happy, fire them (both points were taken care of when they fired Pritchard). If your talents only want to give half assed performances due to their complacency, fire them (don't let it be a slipped contract negotiations issue; RVD should have been fired for not giving a shit in the ring).


    There is someone out there who wants that spot and will be willing to give their all to keep it. Aries and Roode are prime examples. Hell, even that Norv kid who faced EC3 looked like he wanted to be there. If someone is not taking care of these issues, it is on management; plain and simple.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    I'd have written sting off a couple of weeks before the PPV, used him to give more momentum to EGO, have Magnus handcuffed and watching the beat down that put him out.

    Would have had him turn up at the PPV, rafters bat, say nothing and kept him back to build something for the next PPV as the current one is so busy.

    Mangus + Joe vs Bad Influence would likely have been match of the night, Roode and Angle could have thrown together their match and Sting could then either come back to chasing EGO with his bat or finish of A&8 (unlikely as that feud faded out)
    Fair enough. Sting is due for his yearly vacation/ "Sting to WWE to face Taker at WM" speculation, so that fits. I had a similar thought for Sting being put out after a Magnus heel turn at BFG.


    But what do you say to those on the net who are criticizing the fact that Sting can only be relevant when he is silent, but it will be less affective this go round because he can't go in the ring anymore? Or to the Internet community who buries the idea as Bischoff just recycling ideas because he can't think of anything new and creative? Or to those wrestling fans who would look at this as confirmation of TNA being such a blatant mirror image of WCW that they ar3 using the same stories.?


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  9. #39
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Trust me, I find it alarming on a higher level. If the casual person who follows the company through internet forums can deduce such hidden truths for the faults that TNA has, I am more concerned by how the casual viewers who flip past the channel to have ones attention captured by the inring product (because this IS the selling point for TNA) are to be immediately turned off by something as simple as the announce team, stories, or the look of the show. When you have Austin Aries in the ring or Bad Influence on the mic, you could easily capture the attention of both casual and hardcore fans, but it is hard to keep them once off screen.


    I think it's a travesty that TNA isn't focused more on retaining the pleasure of the hardcore fans on the Internet that could be a very solid base to start garnering fans, but at what point do you alienate the casual fans who don't get the inside jokes or the wrestling cultural references? TNA can do better, in my opinion, by providing the adult alternative to what is seen on the WWE but regardless, hardcore wrestling fans are going to compare the two companies; which is a sad fact because this industry is unique in that regard. Would you compare a 10 year film studio to a 50+ year film studio? Or perhaps a start up gaming studio with several games on the market to a publicly traded company who focuses only on triple A titles?
    WWE aren't much different when it comes to consistency, it's just that TNA rings hollow when something like the Dixie storyline is on, while WWE just ranges from tepid to farcical. Because they are "the little engine that could", people look at them and think "Aaaawww, look at widdle TNA trying to wear big boy pants! Aren't they cute?". They try to play a big league game in the minors. Not to say they don't have a few major players but when they foolishly just throw someone like Dixie or Magnus into the mix of some major players (like MEM) thinking that just by association it will make that person look big league, it just comes off looking so amateur. I want TNA to do as well as it can - I want it to rise to WCW proportions (without the crap) but I think tough love is the best approach. Maybe I go too far at times though



  10. #40
    I was never in to WCW and I didn't start watching TNA till Christian joined so I guess I've never seen Sting at a stage where he could really go in the ring.

    To the people that say about repeating history with him I'd say it's his character, his MO. Every year the undertaker builds to a WM match, uses the same thunder and lightning, arena going dark, it's him MO. Its fine for Sting to repeat history, the whole Bat and Rafters thing "That what he do" to misquote Mark Henry.

    Sure Sting isn't a character you'd build in this time, but he's established that's how he acts, its how he gets the job done. Its a bit like knowing that when Jerry Lawler gets angry he'll pull the strap down, throw some punches, or that Kane is going to try to burn people he really doesn't like.

    Trying to turn AJ Styles into the Sting character from the NWO storyline, that's lazy writing. Having Sting play the part, that's a story that writes it self

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.