Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Ever since that August 1st Warning angle, I haven't watched TNA as it basically epitomized my opinion concerning TNA not giving homegrown talent the opportunity to run with the ball for major angles. Also, the poor treatment of the X-Division and Knockout Division didn't really help my pessimism. And don't even get me started on Aces and Eights. So all I have to say about BFG is that while the majority of the matches were letdowns, as DRG has pointed out, the direction of the company seems to be going into new directions and I was surprised to see a few new changes that I missed while I was refusing to watch such as heel Sabin w/ Velvet Sky, EY/Parks teaming up and Ethan Carter the 3rd. So taking all of that into consideration, I can safely say that I'll be watching TNA again and see where things kick off from here.

But one more goddamn MMA fighter signing and I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Ever since that August 1st Warning angle, I haven't watched TNA as it basically epitomized my opinion concerning TNA not giving homegrown talent the opportunity to run with the ball for major angles. Also, the poor treatment of the X-Division and Knockout Division didn't really help my pessimism. And don't even get me started on Aces and Eights. So all I have to say about BFG is that while the majority of the matches were letdowns, as DRG has pointed out, the direction of the company seems to be going into new directions and I was surprised to see a few new changes that I missed while I was refusing to watch such as heel Sabin w/ Velvet Sky, EY/Parks teaming up and Ethan Carter the 3rd. So taking all of that into consideration, I can safely say that I'll be watching TNA again and see where things kick off from here.

Yeah, the MMA fighters upset me as well, K2. I understand, from a business sense, why TNA would allow them to be brought in - it keeps Spike, who owns Bellator, happy with their willingness to cross promote) - and placed on television. However, it was such a let down to have one end up being the big reveal behind a vignette that generates a small buzz around it. That spot should have been for someone that TNA could use and not just hype for a fight that isn't taking place on their program. I am hopeful that by TNA taking such a negative hit for the sake of the network, that the network would be willing to compensate TNA in some form; be it financially at the next renegotiation in 2014 or by giving TNA more television time on a Viacom station... SOMETHING to show their appreciation for playing ball.

I am hopeful that TNA is changing in the positive direction I would like to see them go. I am honest enough to admit that they could just as easily head back in the wrong direction. One thing is for sure, 2012 and all of the changes that have been made in both the front and back of the house, leave TNA sitting at the halfway point of a potential 180 degree turn. The reset at BFG has pushed them to 90 degrees and it is up to the talent in TNA to rise in order to push them towards the full turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I am hopeful that TNA is changing in the positive direction I would like to see them go. I am honest enough to admit that they could just as easily head back in the wrong direction. One thing is for sure, 2012 and all of the changes that have been made in both the front and back of the house, leave TNA sitting at the halfway point of a potential 180 degree turn. The reset at BFG has pushed them to 90 degrees and it is up to the talent in TNA to rise in order to push them towards the full turn around.
    haven't TNA fans been saying that for years now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post

Lots of the MMA guys are Spike throwing their money around trying to make TNA interesting which didn't work....
    What Spike/Viacom hadn't done yet it give TNA more exposure.... Signing these guys and barely getting anything back isn't working...

The X-Division seems to be turning around and can be saved, after the All Star Ultimate X match, hopefully some fresh and returning faces in due time.... Same for the Knockouts esp with Candace LaRae and Veda Scott either of the 2 will be excellent addition as well if they ever call upon the Blossom twins....
    I'll say if TNA doesn't hit a much needed stride of success in 2014 sadly that might be it... But it also takes the fans to gain knowledge of TNA and start watching, or else they will remain stuck until someone take more action or pulls the plug....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    haven't TNA fans been saying that for years now?
    Possibly, but the same can be said by the nay sayers who have claimed that TNA would be out of business in a few months.

At least in this situation, I can actually see a reset; similar to when Hogan and Bischoff first came in. You can see the dramatic shift (both with Hogan coming in and right now) away from the direction they were heading. I was glad to see the shift away from the shock stuff in 09-10 that gave us OJ with lotion. That direction change didn't get pan out and has given us what we have gotten over the past few years (which isn't all bad as the actual production of the show looks better) so it is nice to see that we are set to move in a different direction. You can have two views on it; bleak or hopeful. At the moment, I am going to remain hopeful because far too many people on the interwebs have the bleak outlook covered.

DRG hates everyone

Possibly, but the same can be said by the nay sayers who have claimed that TNA would be out of business in a few months.

At least in this situation, I can actually see a reset; similar to when Hogan and Bischoff first came in. You can see the dramatic shift (both with Hogan coming in and right now) away from the direction they were heading. I was glad to see the shift away from the shock stuff in 09-10 that gave us OJ with lotion. That direction change didn't get pan out and has given us what we have gotten over the past few years (which isn't all bad as the actual production of the show looks better) so it is nice to see that we are set to move in a different direction. You can have two views on it; bleak or hopeful. At the moment, I am going to remain hopeful because far too many people on the interwebs have the bleak outlook covered.
    but fans been saying oh this is where TNA will turn around and get better. it all started when hogan joined. alittle while later we heard it again from the fans when they went to mondays. after that hen they went live. when they went on the road. they won't get on track or change anything until they get better people running the company.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the MMA fighters upset me as well, K2. I understand, from a business sense, why TNA would allow them to be brought in - it keeps Spike, who owns Bellator, happy with their willingness to cross promote) - and placed on television. However, it was such a let down to have one end up being the big reveal behind a vignette that generates a small buzz around it. That spot should have been for someone that TNA could use and not just hype for a fight that isn't taking place on their program. I am hopeful that by TNA taking such a negative hit for the sake of the network, that the network would be willing to compensate TNA in some form; be it financially at the next renegotiation in 2014 or by giving TNA more television time on a Viacom station... SOMETHING to show their appreciation for playing ball.

To do that hopefully they can find a way to gain some exposure, more then 2 hours a week.... an extra hour or 2 can or could do wonders... Be it on MTV or CMT either one would be good choices to run a hour or 2 a week, if Spike don't want to showcase an extra hour...

Plus the fresh faces, and even some returns as well, will also help.... As well as cutting back the road shows, a new home for TNA Impact, but somewhere more form-able then Orlando if possible, back home in Nashville I prefer, maybe even the Carolina's... Then expand the PPV product again to 6 a year on the road, instead of 4 to bring some road revenue, but make it affordable, but where they can also make their profit in arenas that they can sale...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!

but fans been saying oh this is where TNA will turn around and get better. it all started when hogan joined. alittle while later we heard it again from the fans when they went to mondays. after that hen they went live. when they went on the road. they won't get on track or change anything until they get better people running the company.

But the same logic applies to those who have predicted their downfall. They air the weekly PPVs - "it won't last". They move to the Impact Zone - "they've only got months left". Fox Sports - "no one will watch them for long". Move to Spike - "they won't get any ratings".

The point is that they are trying and have actually done several things that fans requested from them. What other wrestling company can you say have done this lately? What wrestling show has attempted to change direction completely in order to please their vocal fans? They were told that a Live product would be better and they gave it. They were told that less PPVs were better so they lowered the number. They were told to get the hell out of Florida so they did. At what point do we not just admit that listening to the fans is a bad idea? Especially when the ones who are vocal are only singing songs of doom and gloom for the final conclusion?

Face it, dag. I'm the yin to your yang. For every negative, I can show a positive. It doesn't make me right and you are certainly not wrong; we just see things from an opposite perspective, which I find to be rather unique.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries

We always had nay-sayers and then fans that either bashed or praised TNA.....
    It started long before Hogan joined, in 2004 when they got the deal with Fox sports, in 2005/06 when they moved to Spike, when they signed guys like Foley, Booker T, Christian, Sting, Angle....

Every year even every month it the same thing.... TNA going go out of business.... TNA going turn around with this.... The thing is no one knows, no one can even say what or who TNA really needs to turn things around as there are so many people and even issues that would have to change for change to come..

true there are people who bad month TNA. there are going to be people who bitch no matter what. i'm just saying TNA fans keep saying oh this is where TNA will turn things around. they do it just are many times as the fan who bitch. the thing is how many time do you have to get your hopes up and then have them wrecked. TNA is being run by a person who doesn't know wrestling. i want there rating to go down. i want them to make no money. so the carters would sell them to people who will know wrestling.