Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ANOTHER repackage? good lord.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Bring back King of the Ring. Wade wins it when Mason Ryan helps him. Re-names himself the "Rebel King" Wade Barrett, with Mason as his enforcer and push him to get more involved with the World Heavyweight Championship Title picture. DONE.

Bart Gunn? He had zero mic skills, very little of any charisma and won a stupid WWF Brawl for All. He was exposed by Butterbean. Wade Barrett is a legit bare knuckle boxing champ who would have had 10x the showing against Butterbean than Bart Gunn.

Blog Entries
    I immediately liked Barrett and will keep rooting for him no matter what. And I'm rational enough to just admit that for some reason, no matter what he does, after the Nexus he never got over. Of all the legit guys that aren't working out as planned, Barrett is the dude we the IWC want to fix the most. But to be honest, most plans I read, don't work for me. I'll root for him, but just pushing him to a title has absolutely no worth. He doesn't need a title, he needs a memorable feud which makes us root for him/hate his guts. He had a decent run with Orton until he got injured, that was more interesting than his IC-reigns. He should'nt get another title, he should be the obvious guy to win the title.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    Bart Gunn? He had zero mic skills, very little of any charisma and won a stupid WWF Brawl for All. He was exposed by Butterbean. Wade Barrett is a legit bare knuckle boxing champ who would have had 10x the showing against Butterbean than Bart Gunn.
    Perhaps...but the point I'm making is, going the bare knuckle fighter does nothing for him. No one cares that he was a bare knuckle fighter just as no one cares that Jack Swagger is a collegiate wrestling champ from Oklahoma, or that David Otunga is really a lawyer from Harvard. He needs something to stand out.

As for his mic skills, I wouldn't put him all that far ahead of Bart Gunn in that department. But I already had this debate with someone last week and I'm not getting into it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    So with Barrett away dealing with visa issues, there's talk that they're going to re-package his gimmick when he returns (which will inevitably include another theme change LOL).
    Question is, what gimmick will he be given? Do you think he even needs a gimmick change?

Personally, I don't think he needs a repackaging. I think the bare-knuckle brawler gimmick fits him fine.
    I'd like to see him doing the 'Bad news Barrett' thing he's been doing on the JBL and Cole show. Here's the video summarizing that:

I know that they've said that this likely won't happen, but I would like to see him incorporate this into his gimmick. I think it's pretty funny and entertaining!
    I completely agree with you. The bare-knuckle brawler fits him perfectly. WWE just didn't know how to execute him properly. What they should have done was (when Wade Barret was IC Champion) have him feud with the returning Chris Jericho. How awesome would that of been?! Teacher vs. Student! Sadly WWE had him go down. This is a guy who has beaten the likes of John Cena and Randy Orton. Heck, even Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and Big Show can be added to the list. He has the stuff.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I completely agree with you. The bare-knuckle brawler fits him perfectly. WWE just didn't know how to execute him properly. What they should have done was (when Wade Barret was IC Champion) have him feud with the returning Chris Jericho. How awesome would that of been?! Teacher vs. Student! Sadly WWE had him go down. This is a guy who has beaten the likes of John Cena and Randy Orton. Heck, even Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and Big Show can be added to the list. He has the stuff.
    Exactly, the man's beaten practically all of WWE's top guys since he debuted. I'd say that Punk and Jericho are two of the few he hasn't got wins over.

Given that Jericho's all about putting over new guys, it would be nice to see Barrett vs Jericho during Jericho's next stint after he returns.

Jericho promo leads to Barrett coming out "Oi, Jericho. Sorry to interrupt, but I've got some bad news for you. I'm about to kick your arse". Brawl.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Exactly, the man's beaten practically all of WWE's top guys since he debuted. I'd say that Punk and Jericho are two of the few he hasn't got wins over.

Given that Jericho's all about putting over new guys, it would be nice to see Barrett vs Jericho during Jericho's next stint after he returns.

Jericho promo leads to Barrett coming out "Oi, Jericho. Sorry to interrupt, but I've got some bad news for you. I'm about to kick your arse". Brawl.
    Absolutely! I can definetly see Jericho do it. Hopefully Punk would be able to put Barret over. And that promo quote you did was quite epic, I must say.

Also a Daniel Bryan and Wade Barret feud for either the WWE/WHC Title would be something new. Two younger guys, both former members of the Nexus, fueding. Wade Barret has all the potency in the world. WWE just has to execute him right.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

i love #badnewsbarrett think it would be the best way to get him on every Raw and Smackdown...his awful music defo needs changing other than that he needs what all the mid carders need.....attention, planning, good feud (Ziggler maybe) and too be taken seriously...he has a clean win over Orton this year...followed by three clean losses to Orton...well done WWE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    ANOTHER repackage? good lord.
    When has he been repackaged before
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!