Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Wade Barrett Return

So with Barrett away dealing with visa issues, there's talk that they're going to re-package his gimmick when he returns (which will inevitably include another theme change LOL).
    Question is, what gimmick will he be given? Do you think he even needs a gimmick change?

Personally, I don't think he needs a repackaging. I think the bare-knuckle brawler gimmick fits him fine. I'd like to see him doing the 'Bad news Barrett' thing he's been doing on the JBL and Cole show. Here's the video summarizing that:

I know that they've said that this likely won't happen, but I would like to see him incorporate this into his gimmick. I think it's pretty funny and entertaining!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Back to bare knuckle brawler.

Jeans, a beater, and some boots. Very few grappling moves.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I really thought the bare knuckle brawler gimmick suited him just fine. It was just a lack of midcard talent that hindered that gimmick from getting over. Lack of talent and booking, means no real interesting feud to be developed.

Blog Entries
    Team him up with Punk. I think these two could (and have had) some decent chemistry.

The corporate enforcer?
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    The corporate enforcer?
    HHH does need to expand his current faction.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    So with Barrett away dealing with visa issues, there's talk that they're going to re-package his gimmick when he returns (which will inevitably include another theme change LOL).
    Question is, what gimmick will he be given? Do you think he even needs a gimmick change?

Personally, I don't think he needs a repackaging. I think the bare-knuckle brawler gimmick fits him fine.
    I'd like to see him doing the 'Bad news Barrett' thing he's been doing on the JBL and Cole show. Here's the video summarizing that:

I know that they've said that this likely won't happen, but I would like to see him incorporate this into his gimmick. I think it's pretty funny and entertaining!
    I completely agree with you. The bare-knuckle brawler fits him perfectly. WWE just didn't know how to execute him properly. What they should have done was (when Wade Barret was IC Champion) have him feud with the returning Chris Jericho. How awesome would that of been?! Teacher vs. Student! Sadly WWE had him go down. This is a guy who has beaten the likes of John Cena and Randy Orton. Heck, even Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and Big Show can be added to the list. He has the stuff.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I completely agree with you. The bare-knuckle brawler fits him perfectly. WWE just didn't know how to execute him properly. What they should have done was (when Wade Barret was IC Champion) have him feud with the returning Chris Jericho. How awesome would that of been?! Teacher vs. Student! Sadly WWE had him go down. This is a guy who has beaten the likes of John Cena and Randy Orton. Heck, even Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and Big Show can be added to the list. He has the stuff.
    Exactly, the man's beaten practically all of WWE's top guys since he debuted. I'd say that Punk and Jericho are two of the few he hasn't got wins over.

Given that Jericho's all about putting over new guys, it would be nice to see Barrett vs Jericho during Jericho's next stint after he returns.

Jericho promo leads to Barrett coming out "Oi, Jericho. Sorry to interrupt, but I've got some bad news for you. I'm about to kick your arse". Brawl.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Exactly, the man's beaten practically all of WWE's top guys since he debuted. I'd say that Punk and Jericho are two of the few he hasn't got wins over.

Given that Jericho's all about putting over new guys, it would be nice to see Barrett vs Jericho during Jericho's next stint after he returns.

Jericho promo leads to Barrett coming out "Oi, Jericho. Sorry to interrupt, but I've got some bad news for you. I'm about to kick your arse". Brawl.
    Absolutely! I can definetly see Jericho do it. Hopefully Punk would be able to put Barret over. And that promo quote you did was quite epic, I must say.

Also a Daniel Bryan and Wade Barret feud for either the WWE/WHC Title would be something new. Two younger guys, both former members of the Nexus, fueding. Wade Barret has all the potency in the world. WWE just has to execute him right.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6