Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Can Anyone Convince Me Why.....

....Paige will make it on the main roster??? I have my doubts.

For starters, she's English. American audiences are notoriously hesitant when it comes to deciding on how they feel about any wrestler not from North America. Think Cesaro, think ADR, think Sheamus, think Regal, think any Japanese wrestler. I'm going to go right ahead and say it, a lot of wrestling audiences need to be lead to water to know where to drink and even then they need to be convinced that they're thirsty enough to drink whats on offer. In other words, unless you give them the motivation to like someone, by and large they won't make the effort to find it for themselves.

Now this isn't a knock on the Yankee Doodles, just an observation of a large portion of wrestling fans and made on the basis that it will be very much up to the American fans since thats where she will be doing the majority of her live performing.

Getting back to Paige, I have seen she's a very engaging interviewee - but what will happen with the WWE reins properly on her? When she is bound by strict WWE TV guidelines and adherence to scripting? We've seen time and time again how WWE can all but strip someone of their own natural charisma in order to insert their own. So, in this sense, there's a very good chance that her natural charisma may be negated. Check out the difference between these two videos where Paige speaks - one just being her natural self and the "scripted/promo" one.

It's like night and day.

Add to all this the fact (and you Paige addicts surely can't deny) that she is not a conventional beauty. She is attractive, I can see that, not really my type but not bad to look at and most importantly, not in the cookie cutter mould of the typical WWE diva. I don't care what anyone says, look is a solid 85% of a Divas appeal.
    Which brings me to the matter of skill and ability. From what I have seen (but mostly heard) she is a very talented wrestler. That means practically next to nothing in the Divas division in it's current state. You know it. I know it. It's undeniable.

I want Paige to do well, I really do. But I know any opportunities WWE offer are highly conditional and quite narrow to squeeze through. Maybe they think of it as their filtration system but are blissfully unaware that they are stripping out most of the nutrients along the way. So I'm putting it out there, in light of my reasoning, can you convince me why Paige will be a main roster success? Tell me how you would book her, who you might team her up with, any ideas that would help the Paige cause.

Blog Entries
    Sure she's british, but we Americans love girls with accents

Other than that... I got nothin. If she does come up to the WWE main roster, the best she can hope for is to be treated like Layla.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

For starters, she's English. American audiences are notoriously hesitant when it comes to deciding on how they feel about any wrestler not from North America. Think Cesaro, think ADR, think Sheamus, think Regal, think any Japanese wrestler. I'm going to go right ahead and say it, a lot of wrestling audiences need to be lead to water to know where to drink and even then they need to be convinced that they're thirsty enough to drink whats on offer. In other words, unless you give them the motivation to like someone, by and large they won't make the effort to find it for themselves.

Now this isn't a knock on the Yankee Doodles, just an observation of a large portion of wrestling fans and made on the basis that it will be very much up to the American fans since thats where she will be doing the majority of her live performing.

Getting back to Paige, I have seen she's a very engaging interviewee - but what will happen with the WWE reins properly on her? When she is bound by strict WWE TV guidelines and adherence to scripting? We've seen time and time again how WWE can all but strip someone of their own natural charisma in order to insert their own. So, in this sense, there's a very good chance that her natural charisma may be negated. Check out the difference between these two videos where Paige speaks - one just being her natural self and the "scripted/promo" one.

It's like night and day.

Add to all this the fact (and you Paige addicts surely can't deny) that she is not a conventional beauty. She is attractive, I can see that, not really my type but not bad to look at and most importantly, not in the cookie cutter mould of the typical WWE diva. I don't care what anyone says, look is a solid 85% of a Divas appeal.
    Which brings me to the matter of skill and ability. From what I have seen (but mostly heard) she is a very talented wrestler. That means practically next to nothing in the Divas division in it's current state. You know it. I know it. It's undeniable.

I want Paige to do well, I really do. But I know any opportunities WWE offer are highly conditional and quite narrow to squeeze through. Maybe they think of it as their filtration system but are blissfully unaware that they are stripping out most of the nutrients along the way. So I'm putting it out there, in light of my reasoning, can you convince me why Paige will be a main roster success? Tell me how you would book her, who you might team her up with, any ideas that would help the Paige cause.
    Nope, I can't, because reading this post, I think you make some very valid points. The bolded part caught me the most, because look at some of the diva's on the roster now. They are the magazine cover, center fold types, and only some of them have any real talent when it comes to wrestling. While the optimist in me hopes we see Paige eventually on Raw and SD, the pessimist in me thinks you might be right

Blog Entries
    Yet they throw that red headed idiot who can't wrestle into the spotlight. Go figure

Yet they throw that red headed idiot who can't wrestle into the spotlight. Go figure
    Apparently, the only reason they let her wrestle..

was to embarass the shit out of her. She apparently has a huge undeserved ego backstage
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Isn't ADR from Mexico? That's North America.

well, it's WWE right? they will do it the WWE way. think AJ, she was paired up with daniel bryan... and cm punk ... and Kane ... and Dolph ziggler ... and ok you get the point. Lita was paired with edge, summer rae and fandango, stepahie mchamon with HHH, and many more

so I think she will be paired with a rebel type of superstar, CM punk? cody rhodes? Bray Wayt, damn Bray would be cool now I think about it

so that will be the most logical way

a lot of paige fans like her cause its the cool thing to do. we seen it 1000s of times. just like dean ambose before her.

It's like night and day.

she has that scene look that is still in among tweens/teens. i havent seen anything special about her

But do you really need to be convinced?

If you don't like it? Fine. It's okay. Skeptical? Fine, it's okay. Want to be convinced but don't want to? IT'S FINE! She's good. She has personality, she's awesome. But just like most people, if they can't be themselves, it doesn't feel natural. Same can be said for Nattie, for AJ, for Ziggler, for Orton, etc. People support her, so should could be a rounding success or a miserable failure, ala Sin Cara. We won't know until it happens. So, fingers are crossed.