Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Wade Barrett Return

So with Barrett away dealing with visa issues, there's talk that they're going to re-package his gimmick when he returns (which will inevitably include another theme change LOL).
    Question is, what gimmick will he be given? Do you think he even needs a gimmick change?

Personally, I don't think he needs a repackaging. I think the bare-knuckle brawler gimmick fits him fine. I'd like to see him doing the 'Bad news Barrett' thing he's been doing on the JBL and Cole show. Here's the video summarizing that:

I know that they've said that this likely won't happen, but I would like to see him incorporate this into his gimmick. I think it's pretty funny and entertaining!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Back to bare knuckle brawler.

Jeans, a beater, and some boots. Very few grappling moves.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I really thought the bare knuckle brawler gimmick suited him just fine. It was just a lack of midcard talent that hindered that gimmick from getting over. Lack of talent and booking, means no real interesting feud to be developed.

Blog Entries
    Team him up with Punk. I think these two could (and have had) some decent chemistry.

The corporate enforcer?
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    The corporate enforcer?
    HHH does need to expand his current faction.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

I just think he'll flounder again, not sure creative know how to handle him.

Blog Entries
    For me it comes down to direction. I feel like during the last period where wade was back after his injury he started strong but with no real direction he fizzled. I'd like to see him get into a program with punk, or maybe even mysterious when mysterious returns

i don't think he will be repackage. everytime a wrestler isn't on tv for a little awhile ryan clark always report oh there getting repackage. he did the same thing with Drew. but Drew is back and is in the same gimmick.

they should just make Wade the main heel on smackdown

In my opinion, he does need a repackaging. He needs something to make him interesting. Not a dancing gimmick or something with silly flashy outfits, but something that will make him stand out a little more. Just going with the bare knuckle fighter thing only puts him in Bart Gunn territory.

With too many people running around with no gimmick, nothing catchy on the mic, and just going with either their own name or standard name, he gets lost in the shuffle. How can he escalate when there's nothing about him that makes him different than anyone else on the roster?