Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How WWE Dropped the ball on NXT...and IMPROVEMENTS

I like NXT - I find it entertaining, funny, and the wrestling on there aint half bad. I also like the concept as it really shows that wrestling IS a sport and does contain competition - as you have 6 athletes trying to COMPETE for a WWE Contract by demonstrating that they are the best in-ring wrestlers (as well as having entertaining factor).

But many people don't like NXT and it doesnt get much viewership - and I can see why.
    Where are the big names? - Cena, Edge, Orton, Kane - and the second Alberto Del Rio won the Rumble - He was also removed!
    We had Jericho and Punk in season one - and that was great! And I'm not saying all the Pros should be former world champs - just mix them up with lower/mid-carders (as I like that people like Masters and Goldust get good air time too)

Now WWE is bringing back Tough Enough - WHY? Keep NXT and improve on that!
    It basically contains the same aim! Why cant WWE just put Stone Cold as host of NXT, BookerT and Trish as trainers - and think of similar tasks instead of running round a ring, dicking around with dice and building blocks!! Just pre-record the tasks and show them in the arena, and weave them in with matches - the crowd doesnt give a shit what goes on in the arena on NXT now anyway.

I like the fact NXT is continuing - and I will probably watch Tough Enough for Austin - but a few episodes in, I can see it losing me. I really do think WWE just dropped the ball and should just re-invent what they've already got...
    Toughts?

Blog Entries
    The difference between NXT and Tough Enough is that NXT is closer to reality TV, where Tough Enough is closer to actual reality where the best person really will win.

The reason Tough Enough has been brought back, is because the USA network wanted it. They originally suggested it and pushed it to happen, and Vince is smart enough to see an opportunity to make more money. Especially as there was 100% assurance that it would be on TV before any plans even started.

Blog Entries
    NXT and Tough Enough are different concepts. NXT is continuing. But I would also like to see less of the silly challenges.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I never liked tough enough really. i find NXT much more enjoyable. To me the issue now is that they make it look like they are bringing people on who have never done wrestling before, where as the truth is some of the people on teh show are prob better then half the people on NXT. I just find it silly to show them teaching people who already know how to wrestle and how to wrestle well taking bumps and doing arm drags. NXT is taking people who have already been in the system and testing them with bigger crowd then whats in FCW. I also agree that it is a great way to use people who havent been on TV alot such as Masters and Golddust. The Goldust wedding stuff was pretty funny if you ask me. You cant do that on Tough Enough thats for sure.

NXT is a chance for wrestlers that FCW has that are ready to move up into the main roster without having to come up with how to debut each and every one. Tough Enough is a chance for WWE to make some new performers from scratch and mold them into exactly what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

I can't stand to watch NXT, I actually find it quite painful. The challenges are completely ridiculous, although I can't comment much because I haven't watched in months...and don't plan to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belleza View Post
    I can't stand to watch NXT, I actually find it quite painful. The challenges are completely ridiculous, although I can't comment much because I haven't watched in months...and don't plan to.
    Get rid of the stupid challenges, and it would be a great concept. But in it's current state, like you say, it's un-watchable at times.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

They dropped the ball on NXT by even making it.

Tough Enough is OK, they chose someone stupid and untalented for this season. Martin would have won if he didn't get injured. Maybe next season there will be less injuries on the talented ones.

Blog Entries
    Having 'Swoggle as a pro? Are you serious, bro?