Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I still don't get the adulation for Kingston by the Drive By IWC. He's exactly where he belongs.

The Legends and former past stars only participate in 2-3 PPVs a year. That leaves about 9-10 (some months may have 2) other PPVs they can get on. So while I think mid-carders and the lower card are getting shafted, I don't agree that it's the legends' fault.

I wouldn't speak up for Kofi, since he does get featured rather consistently, and wins the midcard titles repeatedly. But I would say that I'd like to see soemeone like Tyson Kidd, Zack Ryder, Justin Gabriel or Alex Riley get an opportunity. Or to see Santino Marella get to be more than just a filler comedy act.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    The thing I don't agree with what your saying is how do they have to prove themselves? Why would the crowd get behind somebody that always loses? And two dude they always lose and stick around, I think that's more proof than just getting bumped up to the front of the line, Ryder busted his ass to move up got the crowd behind him and everything but that didn't do anything go him did it? He always loses but the crowd still cheers for him so where's his chance? Being taken by the people who come and go.
    Before I go on: I am a big fan of Zack Ryder. I was before Z!TLIS and I still am.

Zack Ryder blew it. He got himself over, created a buzz on youtube before WWE had any real presence there, got himself nearly 1 million followers on Twitter (currently at 1.4 million!). At the height of his popularity the crowd were chanting for Ryder when The Rock or Cena were in the ring. Then he was given ring time and his matches were...meh.
    He's a solid worker with some unique moves in his move set but none of that came over during his push and that's why he's back being a jobber.

Now, I think he's learnt his lesson a bit. He's bulking up, has a more agressive attitude and his recent losses to ADR and Curtis Axel have been much better than anything he showed during his US title run. So where's Ryder's chance? It's still there. He's still there and let's face it being jobber to the stars is still one of the best jobs in pro-wrestling so he's not exactly on the way to future endeavours.

As for the wider topic: I agree with Mr. Right, the part timers do take spots on cards that could be filled by the likes of Barrett, Kidd, Gabriel et al. but they draw money and attention which everyone on the roster benefits from. I'd really like to see more rotation on Raw, they have 3 hours after all, so instead of seeing Tons of Funk for the 4th time in a week they could have Hawkins and Kidd lose to The Real Americans. Instead of Ryder/Kofi/R-Truth jobbing to someone give JTG, Zeke or A-Ry a match.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    The thing I don't agree with what your saying is how do they have to prove themselves? Why would the crowd get behind somebody that always loses?
    I'm not sure what to make of these statements? Are you implying that it's impossible for the crowd to get behind someone if they frequently lose or do you think that new talent aren't getting enough time to shine because they always lose? As I've already mentioned at the end of my post, there's a good number of new talent getting pushed in a capacity that would benefit their careers and allow them to get themselves over. As far as it being impossible for crowds to get behind wrestlers who "always lose", I really don't think that there's anyone on the roster who currently has that problem but even significant losses don't inherently ruin a wrestler's chances. Take D-Bry for instance. Losing the world title in 18 seconds at WM isn't necessarily a strong way to book a champion losing his belt but regardless, he had that "IT" factor that allowed him to steadily get over with the crowd.

And two dude they always lose and stick around, I think that's more proof than just getting bumped up to the front of the line, Ryder busted his ass to move up got the crowd behind him and everything but that didn't do anything go him did it? He always loses but the crowd still cheers for him so where's his chance? Being taken by the people who come and go.
    I'm not sure of the "they" you're referring to. I think your argument would be more concrete if you gave me specific examples of who "they" are. And as far as Zack Ryder goes, while I agree that the WWE dropped the ball with him and this was after Ryder proved that he could get over with the crowds. But I don't think that it's accurate to lay the blame on the returning legends since they usually appear in the main event of PPV's anyway, main events that the likes of Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, and Mason Ryan have scarcely, if ever, competed in in the first place, legends or no legends.

The mid-carders have their place in the wrestling world. It's been like that for as long as I can remember, early eighties onward. Some moved up the ladder like Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart. Others remained in the mid-card their entire careers, despite being great workers and performers, such as Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Jake The Snake, and then Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Owen Hart, to now.

The fact is, while Kofi Kingston and Justin Gabriel are great performers, even if given an entire year of build into the main event status, do them two Headlining a PPV entice you to buy it? 99.999999% chance of no.

WWE needs The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, HHH, etc to garner buys. Today's stars aren't doing that because these older guys bring back people who are no longer wrestling fans. No one watches wrestling anymore, not like in the mid to late nineties. The Rock, Brock, Taker, HHH, Jericho, and any other part-time legendary talent they bring in for the big PPV's, have their place just as Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, and R-Truth have their place.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Kofi Kingston and Justin Gabriel to headline PPV's.

Tempest H, MachoManFan, K2Kelly, DK Wrestliing Savior, cheers for seeing where I am coming from, probably in future my writing will become more clear so you know exactly my opinion haha. As for what you 4 said is what I completely agree in, I love the legends and they are essential to draw the fans, but yea I would love seeing more chances available too. Potentially splitting the brands back up would give them more time in the show to perform? And to Kofi, I used him as an example with him missing out on Wrestlemania, he would'nt be first in-line for me to receive a push, but he is still the man. But if Justin, or Mason Ryan, or Alex Riley, Ezekiel Jackson was to headline a PPV, I'd be all for it, most likely I'm a minority there, but hey, those 4 guys are great.

I believe my main gripe is those who do return need to put talent over. Now it does not necessarily mean the younger talent has to beat them, but at least make them look good. When Cena first debuted, did he win his first match? No, he didn't, but Kurt Angle made him look good in order to get the proper stepping stones in character development.

For the Undertaker, all he really does is do 1 match at Mania, and when you think about it, he put both CM Punk and the Shield over. He wrestled an amazing match with CM Punk (which I still believe should have been for the WWE Championship). And he even made Dean Ambrose look good in his first singles match. How many people can say their first match was with the Undertaker? Not many.

Midcarders are part of the wrestling company. I don't think people as much credit to midcarders as they should, because everyone most of the time just wants to know the main-event feuds, not the midcard feuds (mainly due to the lack of WWE Creative's interest in midcard feuds). Now we can still have a great midcard division, for example, look at Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio back in 2011, or Mysterio vs. Jericho in 09, or even the Shield vs. Name your team.

My real problem is guys like Cody Rhodes, Wade Barret, and Kofi Kingston have been in the WWE longer then a guy say Alberto Del Rio yet somehow WWE thought that Del Rio is better in the main event. Just doesn't add up.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

^ Couldn't be anymore right!