Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who is the best Heavyweight/Super Heavyweight in wrestling today?

I thought about this the other day while I was watching an ROH match and I must say in my honest OPINION that Michael Elgin is the best big man in wrestling today. This guy can do dives off the top rope. His enziguri is just as good as Seth Rollins and in the same breath the guy is a flat out BEAST. In the last ROH episode, Kevin Steen was stomach down on the mat and he lifted him from the ground into a bridging German suplex and... he also does a superplex where he deadlifts his opponents from the outside apron back into the ring... CRAZY. Now of course his mullet and mic skillz aren't the greatest... Okay, take that back his mullet is pretty sweet lol. But he has got to be the strongest man in professional wrestling today along with Cesaro. Now of course he's only like 5'11 so he wouldn't exactly fit the 6'9-7'0 big man mold. So I'm leaving this thread in the air for you to determine what qualifies as a Heavyweight/Superheavyweight. Thanx for reading... *OUT*

What about someone like Samoa Joe or Hernandez ? Just the things the can pull off how big thery are, Even Undertaker is around 6'10 300 hundred lbs (dont hate by correcting me i could be off a little) I dont think I need to explain my reasoning for him

Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    What about someone like Samoa Joe or Hernandez ? Just the things the can pull off how big thery are, Even Undertaker is around 6'10 300 hundred lbs (dont hate by correcting me i could be off a little) I dont think I need to explain my reasoning for him
    Hernandez is sloopy in the ring

Samoa Joe is my second fav. Very agile for his size but I don't see him using too much strength. But then again he is more of a ground and pound mma style guy. Big ups to Samoa Joe

best big guy of all time is the Big Show 7 foot 2 500 pounds and could do a moonsault in his WCW days, he also took a powerbomb as well (well 2 the first 1 was good and the second well lets just say its worth a look lol)

Blog Entries
    I can't believe that Hernandez has been mentioned in a thread discussing the BEST heavyweights/super-heavyweights! That man is flat out sloppy in the ring! And at

It depends what you'd class as being eligible for contention here. But I've always been a fan of what Samoa Joe can do in the ring. Chris Masters is also another big guy that can put on a great wrestling match and display strength (his last run in WWE was very good as far as the quality of his matches go). Sheamus can also move pretty good for a big guy.
    Does Antonio Cesaro count here? He's not that heavy at 232lbs, but he is 6ft 5", and we all know about his feats of strength, having seen him deliver the Neutralizer to The Great Khali and Brodus Clay. Plus he can do that superplex from the apron like Elgin too.

You also can't leave out people like Kane, who is still delivering to a good standard in the ring, despite getting on at 46 years old. Big Show isn't that great any more in the ring (not in my opinion anyway), but i have plenty of time to acknowledge what he's done earlier in his career.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

All time for me would be the Undertaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Does Antonio Cesaro count here?
    Naw he doesn't count T double... I wuz just comparing his strength with Elgin. I remember during his match with Zayne (Generico). He caught him after an attempted dive. Lifted him above his head. threw him up in the air and landed that flapjack European uppercut... That dudes strength is ridiculous for his size.

Kobashi Kenta.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    haystacks calhoun. he is not active, or alive for that matter i believe, but dude was huge for his day at just over 600 pounds and could still move pretty well.