Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    hmmm it's an interesting perspective, and i agree, and Disagree. i don't completely buy the "I do what i do and people react" line... I think that Smirk of his is one of his best tools, he uses it to set up promos but more often he uses it to get the "Cena sucks" chants going. That is a heel move, that is no less a heel move than Ziggler doing the showboating to get the face marks booing. I like Ziggler's wrestling but his character pisses me off when i allow my willing suspension of disbelief to take over. Cena gets me pulling for the good guy the same way. ironically i'm not a huge fan of his wrestling style but he has improved over the past year. he plays Face to the people who like him and to the "spirit of fair play and all that is just and good" except he doesn't, he baits his detractors so instead of a tweener that you can't tell whether he's a good guy or a bad guy, He becomes both a good guy AND a bad guy, he sets you up and smirks and says something that is going to get the "we hate Cena" crowd into an fit of apoplexy, so is he a heel, it depends on who you are. In the story Line? no way he's the good guy, he's superman, captain america, hulk hogan, and Abe lincoln all balled up into one giant apple pie and baseball mush that gets almost to sweet to digest. in how he plays it, yeah because it's the only way he could keep that run working without alienating his fan base. He gives the Hell marks someone to hate, and personifies all the things they hate about face wrestlers then throws it in your face, just like a good heel does to a face mark.
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.

perhaps its not John Cena who is or ever will be a heel........Perhaps......We, the adult male fans.....are the heels.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

And i am the pope. keep that hand strong fella!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    And i am the pope. keep that hand strong fella!
    D'Angelo? :/

The WWE are, and have been, trying hard to get Cena over for a long time. Whenever there were boo's or negative chants against Cena, they'd have Lawler or Cole mention that the crowd were cheering him or say things like "This crowd does not like ,,," to save face. It's only over the past year have they really accepted the fact that some people just don't want to cheer him. His character traits are far too babyface to be considered a heel too; He's resilient. Repeatedly the underdog. He doesn't refer to "HIS" fans, but the whole WWE universe! Not to mention all his anti-bullying slogans and code of ethics (HLR) etc. Definitely isn't redefining the "heel" role. He is just being hated on because his characters corny and the hardcore fans just can't connect with him.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    This is some interesting debate but I was hoping people would realize that I was trying to present a somewhat new perspective to what a heel really is. Even with that wikipedia definition, Cena nearly fits the bill.
    If you listen to most of Cena's promos(not the corny ones)- he does cut some quite heel like. He is oh so sure of himself, he is condesending- heel like traits.

No matter what he does though- some are going to love the guy, some are going to hate him. The main thing, heel or face, he gets a reaction out of the crowd

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Why Cena will never turn heel

Before I am gonna explain myself, I'd like to state: "this is just my opinion, no truth, no facts, just basic opinion. And I would like to ask to please (my dearest EWN-brothers and sisters) don't turn this in a Hate Cena or Troll Cena thread". Okay with that out of the way:

Why John Cena will never turn heel, for me has a simple explanation. First off all because of Vince McMahon. I will state it like he likes to say it, it is what's good for business. We have to realise a few things to know why he won't turn heel in the first place. First off all, as long as were in the PG-era you will never see a heel Cena.

A few reasons why:

- He sells too much merchandise
    - He sells too many crowds
    - Kids (PG) love him too much

Secondly, personally I have never seen John Cena as a face nor as a heel. To me he has always been more of a tweener, who tends to act more face than heel. The question why I think this, is rather simple. Watch WWE, see how their crowd reacts when he comes out. You'll notice it is almost always a divided crowd, you either love him or you hate him.

Thirdly, just like any sport/sports-entertainment business, WWE always needs the most popular guy as the one who they can label as THE GUY the other stars need to beat to reach the surface of larger than life immortality or simply known as superstardom. This is has always been in these organisations and it will never change. And for this matter you just don't to look any further than the past of this company.

I'll make it easy and start from the '80s boom of Pro Wrestling:

- Golden Era: Hulk Hogan with the HULKAMANIA
    - New Generation: Bret Hart
    - Attitude Era: Stone Cold Steve Austin
    - Brand Extension: The Rock
    - PG-Era: John Cena

This is how I see it and I have to add one more thing. Before people get me wrong. I don't hate Cena, he is the biggest star they have today. Also he is the most working guy on the roster, another reason to respect him. He does far too much good stuff outside of the ring to really hate him. Example, make a wish foundation and like these days, the cancer awareness.

Once again, I'd like to ask to not make this in any form of an Hate Cena or Troll Cena thread. I just put my opinion and that is it.

Are there any comments?
    Last edited by jelle1809; 10-05-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Haiters gonna Haite ^^

Thank you. I think I can safely say that EVERYONE, even non wrestling fans, knows why John Cena won't go heel. Its been done to death. I want to believe most of us have turned the channel to many of the other organizations that put on a better "Wrestling" product. If not... please feel free to continue waiting for John Cena to do something differant while holding your breath.
    I present to you the next John Cena!

-Lil Jimmy-

Quote Originally Posted by Sexualchocolate View Post
    Thank you. I think I can safely say that EVERYONE, even non wrestling fans, knows why John Cena won't go heel. Its been done to death. I want to believe most of us have turned the channel to many of the other organizations that put on a better "Wrestling" product. If not... please feel free to continue waiting for John Cena to do something differant while holding your breath.
    Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Cena, I respect him for everything he does. He is the biggest asset of WWE these days. I just hate the fact that people complain much to often about "Cena must turn heel" subject. I just gave my opinion on why they will not turn him.

Above all, check the two last paragraphs again.
    Last edited by jelle1809; 10-05-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Haiters gonna Haite ^^

He won't turn heel and there really isn't any need for him to turn either. Who cares if some smarks don't like him, the majority of a crowd are actually cheering, it's just a section of loud (usually male) people trying to out boo kids. Seriously, trying to out boo kids..
    There's more to WWE than John Cena and i watch it for them, not that Cena irritates me that much either way. I loved Hogan and warrior as a kid, Cena is no different to them. I'd be a hypocrite if i said I "hate" super characters when I spent most of my childhood idolising two superstars that are just that.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!