Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 64 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    I used to be on the Cena heel turn bandwagon and was for quite some time. But now I find myself asking myself "What would a Cena heel turn really accomplish?" It's bad for business as it would really hurt merchandise sales and I really don't think people who dislike Cena now would do a complete 180 and be like "You know what, this guys pretty cool now." Sure it would be nice to see for a few months but after that he'd just end up getting stale as a heel.
    You make a compelling argument,but imo sales wouldn't diminish that much. I think ppl are just tired of the same old thing, and the same old gimmick day in and day out. People want Cena to turn heel for a nice change of pace from the usual. I think ppl like Cena deep down, but are sick of him being so plain and boring and predictable all the time. It's also got a lot to do about his move set. The guy seems to do the same routine day in and day out, where as other superstars try to do a lil different each time their in the ring or so it seems that way, hell maybe they all do it too but we are so focused on Cena we don't realize it I dunno. In the end I really don't think sales would drop all that much, because ppl that like him as a heel will buy his merchandise. Sure kiddies might not buy as much, but I think the so called "NEW" fans will sorta make up for that decline. I also think that if and when he does turn he won't be that way for all that long as Vince will eventually (And quite frankly sooner than later), turn him back face to make the kiddos happy again know what I mean!

I used to be on the Cena heel turn bandwagon and was for quite some time. But now I find myself asking myself "What would a Cena heel turn really accomplish?" It's bad for business as it would really hurt merchandise sales and I really don't think people who dislike Cena now would do a complete 180 and be like "You know what, this guys pretty cool now." Sure it would be nice to see for a few months but after that he'd just end up getting stale as a heel.
    There are 2 people in the WWE who haven't changed their gimmics in 7+ years. Rey Mysterio & John Cena...now ask yourself which two characters are the most stale in the WWE. I'm sure you'll come up with the same two names.

Quote Originally Posted by tshizzy34 View Post
    You make a compelling argument,but imo sales wouldn't diminish that much. I think ppl are just tired of the same old thing, and the same old gimmick day in and day out. People want Cena to turn heel for a nice change of pace from the usual. I think ppl like Cena deep down, but are sick of him being so plain and boring and predictable all the time. It's also got a lot to do about his move set. The guy seems to do the same routine day in and day out, where as other superstars try to do a lil different each time their in the ring or so it seems that way, hell maybe they all do it too but we are so focused on Cena we don't realize it I dunno. In the end I really don't think sales would drop all that much, because ppl that like him as a heel will buy his merchandise. Sure kiddies might not buy as much, but I think the so called "NEW" fans will sorta make up for that decline. I also think that if and when he does turn he won't be that way for all that long as Vince will eventually (And quite frankly sooner than later), turn him back face to make the kiddos happy again know what I mean!
    I think what people want isn't necessarily a heel-turn but for him to break away from the superman stuff- make an attempt to show something more gritty then the perfect hero- and I think we started to see some more attitude (that wasn't so holier than thou approach) when he was feuding with CM Punk.. He was addressing his short coming's and that made him real not a superhero..

His lack of moves or diversified moves in a match (which only started to change with CM Punk matches), his marketing as always the underdog when everyone know's his going to win (which was up in the air with Punk) and has had the belt more then any champion today because people wanted to see Punk win, it swayed more.. The Hulk Hogan like persona- he addressed quite well when negotiating..

Jim Cornette said that some of the best wrestler's weren't over the top gimmicks but rather were themselves just turned up to 11! Punk, Austin, Michaels, Hart, the Rock.. They were all gimmicks that reflected a 'truism' of themselves- Cena is human not saint like, so don't make him perfect have him be gritty.. (Just not a rapper again..)

Most importantly Cena has been working better in his matches with Punk- which is the main thing..

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen View Post
    There are 2 people in the WWE who haven't changed their gimmics in 7+ years. Rey Mysterio & John Cena...now ask yourself which two characters are the most stale in the WWE. I'm sure you'll come up with the same two names.
    There are others who have gone 7 years without changing their gimmicks (Taker, Henry, Kane, Show) etc but I digress.

Back on topic, Mysterio's near the end of his career so turning him heel is pointless. Cena turning heel is nice for a few months but then what? He gets stale as a heel and we all look like idiots for wanting to turn him heel in the first place. The WWE has had chances to turn Cena heel in the past and now I think it's just too late. The only hope for a Cena heel turn now is a temporary Michaels/Hogan style turn before Wrestlemania.

As for stale characters that I'd like to see turn heel. Kofi Kingston comes to mind. Wouldn't mind both Kingston and Bourne turning tbh since Bourne's act will grow old soon enough. They need heel turns more than Cena does.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    There are others who have gone 7 years without changing their gimmicks (Taker, Henry, Kane, Show) etc but I digress.

Back on topic, Mysterio's near the end of his career so turning him heel is pointless. Cena turning heel is nice for a few months but then what? He gets stale as a heel and we all look like idiots for wanting to turn him heel in the first place. The WWE has had chances to turn Cena heel in the past and now I think it's just too late. The only hope for a Cena heel turn now is a temporary Michaels/Hogan style turn before Wrestlemania.

As for stale characters that I'd like to see turn heel. Kofi Kingston comes to mind. Wouldn't mind both Kingston and Bourne turning tbh since Bourne's act will grow old soon enough. They need heel turns more than Cena does.
    Henry, Show and Kane have changed

If a Cena heel turn means that he can gain more moves, then yes turn Super Cena heel!

“My singing is a mix between Jericho/ Fergie/ Jesus”
    “yes, I did get screwed tonight…and I had a match too haha ”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smellmycooking View Post
    I couldnt believe it when the crowd threw Cena's shirt back at him. Im not a fan but I dont think he deserved that. It must have been real embarrassing!
    That was some funny stuff throwing his shirt back twice! Was that scripted with plants or legit?

Your idea on how to turn Cena heel

Now I firmly believe that John Cena will not turn heel, but for argument's sake let's just say Cena is turning heel. My idea is this have him lose at Wrestlemania to the Rock with John Cena shaking the Rock's hand after the match. The next night on Raw have the fans and the Rock all tear Cena a new one saying he is nothing compared to the Rock and he should've known it. A few PPVs later let CM Punk drop the title to Cena and then have Cena challenge the Rock at Summerslam for the WWE Championship. Then have Johny Ace tell Cena if he needs help in beating the Rock he can have Ace in his corner. At first Cena says no, but then at the PPV have Cena accept Johny Ace's help to defeat the Rock. The next night have Cena tear the crowd and the Rock a new one. Then over the next few weeks have Cena and Johny Ace create a new Corporation like stable with a tag team and someone like Brodus Clay for the midcard title. This gets Cena and Ace over as heels and also helps establish new heels. Then you can have CM Punk or Orton go up against this new Corporation.

Sounds good but personally I don't want Ace that closely involved with any major storyline.

If I were going to turn him heel I think that best way to do it would be to keep going this course. The booing is obviously getting to him, have him feud with kane for a while with Kane continuing to talk about how he's lying to himself, eventually he'll win and get back in the title hunt. And thats when it happens he's in the title match with, lets say punk, end of teh match he gets punk up for the AA but suddenly a fan jumps the barricade and gets on teh apron cursing out cena and while security pulls him down Punk gets him up hits the gts and retains. Then have cena lose it and destroy, punk and walk off with the title. Have him skip raw and smackdown come back the next week saying he's had time to think about it and realized that even though he's done everything he can to work hard for teh universe they have never given him anything but disrespect and he's through with it. Then punk comes out for his title and cena beats him down with it and aa's him right on teh belt before walking off
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Have cameras follow Cena. Cena goes to Punk's home, do the burning paper bag thing, and finally Cena throws a shoe at Punk's garage door.