Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Cena to turn heel is the one thing I desperatly want to happen in WWE, I doubt it will happen soon though.

Cena has recently had a new line of merch released, it would be a waste for him to make a heel turn now as the merch sales would drop. Cena sells merch far better than any WWE superstar, Hats, T-shirts, sweat bands, bags, spinning titles the lot...Orton only sells T-shirts atm. If Orton started moving the same amount of merch as Cena is doing and Cenas fan base slips then and only then I think Cena will turn heel.

But knowing Vince and the amount of money Cena brings in I cant see him risking all that right now just to make interesting TV that could go pear shaped.

Kids love Cena, kids all have phases and fads they go through each year, it happens at school, playgrounds, everywhere. Eventually the kids grow up, get bored or move on to the next "cool" thing. Orton is that cool thing.

Cena is a fad that will (hopefully soon) die out. I just hope that the era of Orton is the start of the fading of John Cena.

"I am going to put on a Nexus shirt and armband and go drink the tears of John Cena fans."
    - Joey Styles

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Mostly this is for Scottland. Lets just say I go to a lot of live events throughout the year and i am very interested in how the crowd responds to the talents. Every event i go to Cena ALWAYS gets the biggest/loudest and longest pop of the night make no mistake about it. Television does it no justice. Im not sure if you've ever been to a live event or your just watching on tv but beleive me when i say he gets the loudest pop than anyone. As for what goes down in wwe script meetings im a little confused, do you work for the wwe? Not sure how you get that info of what is and isnt being said in them. I would like to inform you of rasslin websites and how we think we know the insider information but in reality we know very little. Rasslin websites try their best to get the facts right but most of the time its nothing more than rumors trying to get the website traffic up. U MAD???
    First off, have you been to one in the past few weeks? Orton has clearly been getting the louder pop even the announcers on RAW have been wowed by it as I believe it was Jerry Lawler that mentioned something about it this past week or the week before. The crowd reaction for Orton at the last PPV for example was louder then anyone elses. I know someone that went too it & the crowd went balistic when he came out. One wrestling website called prowrestlingfans.com even mentioned it as he called it an enormous reaction. Second off, Cena's pop is mixed beyond belief & the boos come out louder then the cheers in most cases. I have been to live events & I know people who go to live events all the time & no, Cena DOESN'T always get the loudest pop by any means. He may get the most interesting reaction from the crowd all the time because it's so mixed but the loudest pop all the time? Hell no! There has been nights when Cena's pop isn't even the second largest pop of the night but he's always in the top 3 though in most cases in terms of pops.

Something I have noticed though is Cena's pops are not as loud as they used to be & truth be told, many find Cena to be stale. If Cena didn't have Vince thinking Cena's the best thing since slice bread & the little kiddies (a good portion of the ladies as well) then Cena wouldn't have a leg to stand on but I will say there are many people who are starting to think that Orton is well on his way to become the main guy for the WWE because he doesn't just get the kiddies & women cheering him on he gets the male audience as well which is something Cena has never really been able to get & Orton also brings an attitude era reaction with him.
    Last edited by Scottland; 09-29-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottland View Post
    First off, have you been to one in the past few weeks? Orton has clearly been getting the louder pop even the announcers on RAW have been wowed by it as I believe it was Jerry Lawler that mentioned something about it this past week or the week before. The crowd reaction for Orton at the last PPV for example was louder then anyone elses. I know someone that went too it & the crowd went balistic when he came out. One wrestling website called prowrestlingfans.com even mentioned it as he called it an enormous reaction. Second off, Cena's pop is mixed beyond belief & the boos come out louder then the cheers in most cases. I have been to live events & I know people who go to live events all the time & no, Cena DOESN'T always get the loudest pop by any means. He may get the most interesting reaction from the crowd all the time because it's so mixed but the loudest pop all the time? Hell no! There has been nights when Cena's pop isn't even the second largest pop of the night but he's always in the top 3 though in most cases in terms of pops.

Something I have noticed though is Cena's pops are not as loud as they used to be & truth be told, many find Cena to be stale. If Cena didn't have Vince thinking Cena's the best thing since slice bread & the little kiddies (a good portion of the ladies as well) then Cena wouldn't have a leg to stand on but I will say there are many people who are starting to think that Orton is well on his way to become the main guy for the WWE because he doesn't just get the kiddies & women cheering him on he gets the male audience as well which is something Cena has never really been able to get & Orton also brings an attitude era reaction with him.
    Please allow me to give you my infinite wisdom on this matter. To answer your question I was at ringside at Night of Champions in Illinois and I was at ringside at Raw in Cincinnati. I'm glad you know someone that went to it but I was f'n There live and in person. Randy's crowd reaction was great at Night of Champions but overall Cena usually gets the bigger one. As for Jerry Lawler saying something about the crowd, its his f'n job to hype the crowd and the show. I'm glad you know people that go to live events, but I go all around the country to many events so I think I know little bit more than someone that watches it on tv like yourself. Yes you hear boo's for Cena but that is because the drunks are louder than the kids and the parents and the kids and the parents completely out number the few loud drunks. Since you don't go to many live events let me tell you how it really is. Cena's fans are not all kids and women I hate to break the news to you. Hop on that band wagon if you want to but believe me men in the crowd cheer for him too. There have been very few hostile crowds towards Cena in all the arena's I have been to and I have been to a lot of them. Next time your watching on TV look into the crowd and see all the Cena shirts/wrist bands/hats that people wear and ask yourself would these people buy Cena merchandise and boo him or is it a select few loud drunks in the crowd that are booing. Im glad you like Orton and think he is the next big thing, he very well could be. But when it comes to crowd reactions, leave it to the people like myself that go to many live events to tell you the truth. Whether you want to believe the truth or not, that my friend is up to you. U MAD
    Last edited by IPEEINTHESHOWER; 09-29-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamJames View Post
    I'm sorry but The Nexus angle was the dumbest thing ever..

I know it went over well with the fans an the ratings went up, but I still hated it. I think if Cena wins they should keep Justin Gabriel an Wade Barret on top an just use the other guys as midcarders to fill in the empty space. I think Nexus will end either way like I had said a dozen times before. These are not all of the same guys that wrote stuff down for the Evolution faction. They have ADD or something an can't seem to stay with something for a full year. They are already pulling the classic that is usually seen in tv series where they bring in new characters to keep the storyline spiced up. Recently this has happened with Burn Notice. It is the most common thing for a writer to do when their story is preparing to fall flat. I mean has Nexus done anything clever other than random beatdowns, and call outs? Cena would just turn Nexus against eachother. He's super Cena after all.
    Aww come on man

Sure there are something that is lacking but they did entertain as a heel stable.

On the storyline, if Cena loses and joins Nexus one of two things may happen: He goes with Nexus' plans and goes heel or He breaks them apart from the inside. Whatever the case is, it may be something to watch.

If Cena wins (IMO) thats it for Nexus but won't go away and beats up Cena. Then I don't know from there...

It is true. Hulk Hogan was a runaway freight train in his prime. It was not at all surprising to see Hogan bash all the top heels by himself and then pose in the ring for 20 minutes. John Cena beat the entire Nexus, save Barrett, in about 15 minutes on Raw...very Hogan-esque. There's no way I think they turn Cena heel.

But...

WCW turned Hogan unexpectedly, and it was gold. The "shot heard round the world", some would say.

Vince does what Vince wants, and I expect Cena to prevail, but a "Cena slowly becomes Nexus" or a "destroy from within" angle COULD be entertaining.

The site here mentioned that Vince is considering for Cena to become a heel but thats way later.

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    As for Cena turning heel or not i don't think it will change the opinion of all the haters out there. Haters are going to hate, that's what they do.
    I have grown tired of the same stale lets hate everything and my way of thinking is better. It's not, it never will be, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the band wagon has so many people in it im surprised its wheels are still attached. U MAD???
    I don't know, think of Hogan jumping to nWo. People were Hoganed out, and when he turned heel it was a rebirth of his popularity. I personally would love to see what a heel Cena could do. It could turn out being really good. (Or ridiculously bad)

Off the subject... A couple weeks ago it was hilarious when Cole marked out because Cena did a dropkick. It was a rib at Cena which I haven't seen WWE do before.

I'm not too mad. Thanks for asking. Also, I'm glad your name isn't I poop in the shower. Because, well you know.... that'd be kinda messy.

Quote Originally Posted by conman17 View Post
    Ipeeintheshower..... Jesus christ ur annoying!
    Apollogize! Ipeeintheshower is a saint!

im sure what they will do is do a thing like JBL did with HBK....where nexus owns cena and cena cant do shit about it.....and he will fake turning on them 3802380290 times

I have to say that the NEXT angle is one of the better storylines WWE has had in quite some while, but I think they need to start pushing some of the other talent (except the ginger dyna-no) in the group. I have particular interest in Gabriel and Otunga to see how they will develop.

And if they add Cena - then by gawd - that will be the cream on the cake. If nothing else it will make things really interesting.

I have never been a fan of Cena as a face and as Vince's in-your-face top guy, but as a heel he would be terrific. He will win back the older fans he lost after his fued with Lesnar (when he turned face) but as a heel he can win more support.