I don't NOT enjoy them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I don't NOT enjoy them
    i'll take that as a compliment?
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I think Cena said it best in an interview he did:

(Disclaimer: Ignore the misleading title of the video. He doesn't sing Superbass.)

I also think he hit the nail on the head when he said in another interview with this, "At the end of the day, it's not my job to force people in any direction. I just to out there and see what happens. You can analyze character development all day, but with the current state of affairs, there's no need or rationale for me to deviate from what I'm doing."

That's exactly why his character draws. People pay to see him lose while others pay to see him win. It's a unique way of marketing his character and I don't understand why some fail to see that.
    Last edited by Dubs; 09-19-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    I think Cena said it best in an interview he did:

(Disclaimer: Ignore the misleading title of the video. He doesn't sing Superbass.)

I also think he hit the nail on the head when he said in another interview with this, "At the end of the day, it's not my job to force people in any direction. I just to out there and see what happens. You can analyze character development all day, but with the current state of affairs, there's no need or rationale for me to deviate from what I'm doing."

That's exactly why his character draws. People pay to see him lose while others pay to see him win. It's a unique way of marketing his character and I don't understand why some fail to see that.
    It's true and Idk how avid fans have not figured this out yet. It's really innovating and a first that I can recall. It's almost like a reverse Steve Austin.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 09-19-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    This is some interesting debate but I was hoping people would realize that I was trying to present a somewhat new perspective to what a heel really is. Even with that wikipedia definition, Cena nearly fits the bill.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    It's true and Idk how avid fans have not figured this out yet. It's really innovating and a first that I can recall. It's almost like a reverse Steve Austin.
    Exactly. Stone Cold has even gone on record stating that if he heard at least one boo from the fans, he would become paranoid and wanted to get everyone to cheer him to know that he is doing his job right. The WWE has taken a different approach with handling John Cena's polarizing crowd reactions which is putting money into Cena and WWE's pockets. It's truly a genius move not to turn him heel but basically letting the fans either chant him or boo him without changing any dynamic to his character.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    So that makes Dolph Ziggler a face right? It just doesnt work like that. Us as fans will choose who we love or hate but that is completely different to a face or heel scenario. It's all about the actions and words they use in regards to other wrestlers or the fans. I do get your point and to be fair I used to think the same way but I've come to realize it just does not work like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    This is some interesting debate but I was hoping people would realize that I was trying to present a somewhat new perspective to what a heel really is. Even with that wikipedia definition, Cena nearly fits the bill.
    I think your point has some major validity to it... I just wouldn't call it a heel per say. I think playboy might of nailed it with the uber heel= hated by the adult fans. a face shouldn't be that hated so you have a point.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by helmsley View Post
    is viable to wwe to make cena a heel??
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by helmsley View Post
    is there anyone in the roster that can be the top face as cena?
    Punk has just turned heel
    Daniel Bryan is heel
    Randy Orton will turn heel this fall or when next year starts.

So, the answer is No