Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    Cena is the man. I'm a 26 year old male and not afraid to say it. All the hate he gets is so retarded. Just let the man do his thing. You think all those cheers are coming from little kids only? Last I check, there were more than just kids in the audience. Stop using that excuse. I see grown men saluting Cena when he walks out, hot chics screaming his name and grandma too! The hate is lame. Hes doing a fine job. Im gonna stand up for him every chance I get.
    I think most people these days recognise what Cena brings to the table and respect him for it.

He's dedicated his life to the buisness and is as wholesome as they come, he's the perfect franchise player and I'd be very surprised if anybody actively hated him anymore.

Look, I'm an intelligent 21 year old, male and even I go crazy for Cena when I'm there live. Even if you don't like him personally, the matches he takes part in are high-tension, fun, and energy charged. Of course they aren't the same as classics with Shawn Michaels, Austin, The Rock but in the WWE, at this time, Cena matches are THE matches to see.

As far as Cena going heel, no need really. I think if you're going to turn a face you need a good reason to do. EX: Top heels are out with injury, face has become stale, etc. The WWE is NOT out of heels on Raw (especially if the Triple H turning Heel rumor is true). If anything WWE has too many top heels on Raw. Cena isn't stale. He still get's the biggest reaction in WWE. If Cena went heel you'd have a great few months. The shock factor would be fantastic, you could have him feud with a few top faces... then what? Not enough pay off. The WWE can make more money and the Cena-Hero still sells and is still working. Once it stops, then I'll agree Cena needs to go Heel.
    Spectacular! Spectacular!
    Me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I think most people these days recognise what Cena brings to the table and respect him for it.

He's dedicated his life to the buisness and is as wholesome as they come, he's the perfect franchise player and I'd be very surprised if anybody actively hated him anymore.
    I respect his dedication to the buisness, I dont doubt that he's busted his ass to get to where he is today, and I commend him for everything he does outside the company. The problem I have with the "Cena Character" is this same Super Cena nonsense we've been getting for years. It's been the same odd-defying, never losing. always coming out on top bullshit for years

I've tried numerous times to edit my post, but the site isn't letting me. Just wanted to make a point that I meant "your top face". If you're going to turn your top face, you need a real good reason!

I'd much rather see Rey Mysterio Jr. go heel than John Cena.
    Spectacular! Spectacular!
    Me!

Blog Entries
    The merchandise issue is right on the money, that's why WWE would never turn Hogan - that's why Hogan got stale there. But in keeping with their recent tradition of ridiculous decisions, maybe they'll turn EVERYONE face just to move more merch. But take Edge for example, I don't know if he sells more as a face, heel or tweener, but he puts bums on seats (no pun intended) and that's the REAL bottom line - filling arenas.
    HHH would be an easy turn now that Michaels is out of the picture.

Blog Entries
    The problem isn't too many heels, it's a lack of main event level faces!! If they turn Cena heel, that leaves Orton as the only established main event face!! Until Morrison, Bourne, Truth etc step up to main event status as faces, i don't think WWE can afford to turn Cena heel!!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyLentonLees View Post
    I've tried numerous times to edit my post, but the site isn't letting me. Just wanted to make a point that I meant "your top face". If you're going to turn your top face, you need a real good reason!

I'd much rather see Rey Mysterio Jr. go heel than John Cena.
    Again though, you need a reason to turn him heel. Rey is so over with fans of all ages as a face, you don't need to turn him heel. And in my opinion, I'm not sure that Mysterio would work that well as a heel.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

they will lose money I think with the kids if Cena turn Bad but i believe most adults watching the show would like to see him heel

Or have him like a heel/face like Orton I don't know how he became a babyface/heel but it is working for him

Honestly I have wanted Cena to turn heel for a while. That is no longer the case as I would love for the Miz to cash the MITB in and beat him for the title. That us uf he were to win the title while the Miz is still Mr. MITB.

Cena isn't a super top face that's 100% popular with the fans.... he wouldn't get the mixed reactions he's gotten for the last 5 1/2 years.

Actual wrestling fans are sick of seeing the same match over and over and over. He gets his ass kicked for 10 minutes. He does his trademarks. The "Attitude Adjustment" gets reversed. Gets his ass kicked for 2 more minutes. And then he does his lame ass finishing move. And wins. And beats all odds. And is the toughest sumbitch in the world.

Or. He does a squash match.

How often does John Cena cleanly put somebody over? No matter how great they are. Randy Orton. Chris Jericho. Triple H... doesn't matter. It's very. Very. Very rare.

Yes, he's probably a cool dude. Yes, he works his ass off for the company. But he is beyond shoved down any WWE fans throat, and WAY!!!!!!!!!!! stale.

Mick Foley. Undertaker. Steve Austin. The Rock.... they ALL got a heel turn. Was it always great? No. But was it necessary? Yes.

CM Punk, straight edge character. Wouldn't THAT be a marketable wrestler to KIDS? Wasn't he selling merchandise like crazy before his heel turn? Isn't that a character, who actually has good matches, who could really be there for the kids.

WWE makes a lot of awful decisions. Mr. Kennedy was the real upcoming true superstar for WWE. And they just let him go like he was Jimmy Wang Yang. Horrible.
    We prey on the weak and conquer.