Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 67 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    No actually it is putting him over. Any time someone on the low or mid range of the card is heavily involved in a storyline with main eventers, the intent is to put them over...whether it be as a face or heel.

You're simply commenting on his actions as a heel and not his ability to gain crowd attention. The methodology he's using as been done time and time again by career heels such as Triple H. The fact that we are even having a conversation about Wade Barrett proves that he's being successfully put over.
    Haha! Good Point!

Wade Barrett is the type of guy that you hate so much and yet you like him!(Got that from someone here in the forums)

It does show that WWE has plans for Barrett.

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Haha! Good Point!

Wade Barrett is the type of guy that you hate so much and yet you like him!(Got that from someone here in the forums)

It does show that WWE has plans for Barrett.
    Actually, I only commented lol...I dont care to discuss the guy at all. For me, Wade Barrett coming to the ring or picking up a microphone signals one thing: time to step outside and have a cigarette. I find the guy boring personally. But, yeah, if by putting him over you meant getting him a reaction from the crowd, then you are correct. When I think of putting someone over I think of showing that they can wrestle. For example, Shelton Benjamin beating Triple H when he first came to Raw. THAT is what i mean when i say someone is being put over. But, in the connotation you are using, I would have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Actually, I only commented lol...I dont care to discuss the guy at all. For me, Wade Barrett coming to the ring or picking up a microphone signals one thing: time to step outside and have a cigarette. I find the guy boring personally. But, yeah, if by putting him over you meant getting him a reaction from the crowd, then you are correct. When I think of putting someone over I think of showing that they can wrestle. For example, Shelton Benjamin beating Triple H when he first came to Raw. THAT is what i mean when i say someone is being put over. But, in the connotation you are using, I would have to agree.
    In that sense. Barrett has pinfall victories over Chris Jericho and Randy Orton. Both clean. You can even count pinning Cena, although it was a clean pin
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Barrett can go in the ring. Just WWE is using him as a powerhouse. He should be using his past as a weapon to make him a bit dangerous(bareknuckle fighting)

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Barrett can go in the ring. Just WWE is using him as a powerhouse. He should be using his past as a weapon to make him a bit dangerous(bareknuckle fighting)
    As I said, I agree that, in the connotation you are using, they are definitely putting him over. However, in my never to be humble opinion, they are putting over Nexus as a whole, much more than Barrett as an individual.

Not true because the others are not exclusively fighting those in the main event scene. Barrett is made the leader the Nexus and is one with the personal strife with Cena (THE main event guy)
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

Will John Cena turn heel at Survivor Series?

It appears that the WWE is pushing really hard to show Cena as a victim of circumstances in the buildup to Survivor Series which makes me think he will probably turn heel. Here are a few thoughts and unanswered questions.

Bells and whistles went off during the RAW segment with Piper lecturing him on doing the right thing.

Does it make sense to keep both Orton and Cena as faces?

There is no way Orton is getting out of Survivor Series without getting screwed by someone.

Does the identity of the secret RAW general manager figure into this angle?

If Cena turns heel, WWE will want to have him established long before Wrestlemania.

How do Otunga and R-Truth figure into this angle?

I cannot put all the pieces together, but I see a giant swerve happening at Survivor Series. What do you think?

I don't think Cena will turn yet.

There are people believing that Barrett will win but Miz is going to cash in. But that is one possiblity I can think of.

#REAL!

The would kill Wade Barrets career.

First off he needed help from the rest of Nexus in most of all his matches an then for him to win an lose it instantly to The Miz would just make him seem weak.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyRose View Post
    The would kill Wade Barrets career.

First off he needed help from the rest of Nexus in most of all his matches an then for him to win an lose it instantly to The Miz would just make him seem weak.
    That is one possiblity though. I want Barrett to keep the championship. Though WWE (I think) will swerve it....

#REAL!