Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Jim Ross What If?

I was just pondering whether, although highly unlikely, the Jim Ross "forced retirement" is actually a sleeper angle that will rear it's head sometime in the future in this 'Evil Corporation Mk II' scenario. It's an interesting thought but not one I would give credit to WWE for coming up and running with.

Personally I'd love for JR to come back and lead to a brand split that he runs. But then again, I am a dreamer.

No he is going to take a huge pay check from TNA. cause TNA can get anyone they want.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    No he is going to take a huge pay check from TNA. cause TNA can get anyone they want.
    Not according to what Jerry Jarret was saying about Dixie's dad.

Blog Entries
    While it's unlikely, it's definitely a possibility I reckon. When WWE posted it on their website as a big article, I found it weird, since they don't usually do that. Who knows I suppose.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

The thought of JR running his own little Dirty South brand of nobodies and up-and-comers gets me a little hard.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I was just pondering whether, although highly unlikely, the Jim Ross "forced retirement" is actually a sleeper angle that will rear it's head sometime in the future in this 'Evil Corporation Mk II' scenario. It's an interesting thought but not one I would give credit to WWE for coming up and running with.

Personally I'd love for JR to come back and lead to a brand split that he runs. But then again, I am a dreamer.
    Bolded for truth lol. WWE creative is not that creative/smart

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

You'll be hearing 'I called it' all over the boards. Clark will pretend to be in on the angle.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    You'll be hearing 'I called it' all over the boards. Clark will pretend to be in on the angle.
    I'll be busy stomping the faces of all the "called it" guys while subtly trying to re-word it to lay claim to calling it myself. You know, thats what I do.

If WWE were truly interested in giving the fans what they want and as much as they want then they would retry the brand split. As it is, they have worked out how to get maximum profit for minimal output and that makes sense but it won't really be drawing fans TO wrestling, will it?

I know he apparently said he had no interest in TNA on some Q&A thingy. However, if there's any merit to the report that JR and Vince had issues, then I contest JR on his comment that he's not interested in TNA. Think about it. What better way to stick it to Vince McMahon? If TNA offered him the right money and circumstances, why not?

Potential Scenario:

TNA comes off the road and establishes a home base in Texas or something similar to the Impace Zone. Only, don't offer free admission. And still be live every other week. Still go on the road, just periodically and on PPV's.

It would be close enough to JR's hometown in OK. Let him handle talent relations, creative, etc. Let him do commentary at the PPV's. Let him play advisor too and teach these guys how to deliver good promos and do angles and matches that present themselves better. Finally, let him work remotely for the most part.

Not saying he can or would single handedly turn TNA into some sort of major threat or suddenly big time promotion, but he certainly would make things interesting and we'd see a lot of improvement in TNA's product.

Just saying. I, for one, wish it would happen. And I never discount anything.

Blog Entries
    If JR signed with TNA and was given a position of power re: development then I would watch a lot more TNA. He has a great brain for the business, something I've always maintained that Vince is jealous of.