Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    What happened with Cody - as with a lot of things that develop in WWE these days - I attribute to 'right time, right place' type of thing. I actually don't believe WWE has long term plans in place for almost anybody. Certainly not Cody for all this time. I think it was fortuitous that he got his nose broken by Rey during his Dashing gimmick - which I honestly believe was more classic throwaway stuff from the WWE writers. Cody was given half a chance and ran with it and for various reasons it caught on.

NOW - let's take into account his old partner Ted DiBiase. Most people had him pegged as the break out star of the two but many things conspired to keep him down - most specifically, lack of charisma and hence, appeal. I don't see Curtis Axel being much different from Ted to be honest.

In no way am I saying that WWE had this as the original plan. A lot of truth is behind your "right place and time" perspective, but when we as fans have expect these people to be the top stars RIGHT NOW and not give them time to find that place and moment to hit it off, we really are just falling in line with the choir as we sing the same old songs about who is shit... Until that time and moment comes, in which they are no longer shit, of course. Cody made the most out of his opportunities when they presented themselves; hopefully, Curtis will do the same

Ted and Axel could very well be one in the same. The only difference is that with Axel, he has a massive amount of respect from his peers. So much so that they are willing to seek him as a training partner in order to get ready for big matches. The most Ted did was start a Posse that fell flat on its face. I think Ted is closer to Ryder than he is to Axel. Axel has the work ethic and drive to do what he can, where he can. A similar story was told once upon a time by a person who had the same gene line. Perhaps one day, Curtis will find that confidence that some many expect out of the son of Mr. Perfect, but even if he falters in that department, he is still one of the more solid ring partners going in the WWE at the moment; at least from the Big Draws of the E's standpoint.

Right Place, Right time... Only time will tell if it ever comes for Axel; not the fans who aren't happy with him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Problem #1 Curtis Axel has all the charisma of toast, Problem #2 they need to capitalize on Bryan, Punk is too over to be a heel, and Bryan is too over to risk putting punk against him... Punk is also the only man on the roster right now who can go toe to toe on the mic with heyman... ok so who do we have that are likely to get heel traction? Ryback is actually not bad on the mic and has a good bit of charisma, and well we have this slice of toast let's see if we can get him some skills and if he can get some traction. I agree it's not working for Axel, you can't make toast into filet, but i think we'll come out of this with something from ryback... it keeps Punk and Heyman doing their thing and let's bryan shine... it alos gives Rhodes a REAL opportunity to be in a story line with some meat, which while not a fan of his i'm grateful for because it's just been well done
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
    Does anyone agree that this fued is below Punk by now. Punk is so over and he's being wasted against a bore like Curtis Axel, the fued is so lackluster and drawn out.
    It's not boring for me, I enjoyed it since its started. Now that Ryback is involved, I don't know how it's gonna be, we'll have to wait.
    Respect the beard !

Back in the day, managers would speak for wrestlers who could not cut a promo and nobody noticed or cared.

Managers nowadays were becoming a dying breed, TNA has no managers.

Up until a year ago WWE had none until they brought in Zeb and Heyman.

My point is todays wrestling fans are smarter and more aware of things about the business. Heyman and Zeb just expose how bad Cesario, Swagger, Lesnar, Ryback and Axel are on the mic
    Last edited by firestarter; 09-24-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    It's actually great to have all these guys under great managers, other than cesaro because it feels like you go nowhere under zeb and he needs something.

Feel like I've seen Punk vs Ryback a million times.

Why put your top star on the roster (with Cena injury) up against a guy who clearly looks unsafe every f'n time he does something when he's already recovering from loads on injuries.

I also have a problem that Punk starting wanting to KILL Heyman out of left field. What he hell, Heyman turns on him and costs him a match leading Punk to want him basically dead? I don't understand it. That was the start of it and it makes more sense as it goes along but it's so much of the same stuff. This came right after they were best friends for ~6 months. Ughh. And Ryback is with Heyman after Heyman basically devised plans for Punk to beat him three times. The only justice to this story line is that Punk is being quite the bully towards Heyman.

I guess Ryback and Axel's only chances are Punk making them look good.

Back in the day, managers would speak for wrestlers who could not cut a promo and nobody noticed or cared.

Managers nowadays were becoming a dying breed, TNA has no managers.

Up until a year ago WWE had none until they brought in Zeb and Heyman.

My point is todays wrestling fans are smarter and more aware of things about the business. Heyman and Zeb just expose how bad Cesario, Swagger, Lesnar, Ryback and Axel are on the mic
    there been managers. remmember vickie? ptp had a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    there been managers. remmember vickie? ptp had a manager.
    Vickie was not a classic WWE type manager ala Albano, Blassie, Wizard, Heenan.

These were managers who can cut a killer promo and get their wrestlers over.

Vickie was just a filler to get involved with the show to help her family out.
    Last edited by firestarter; 09-24-2013 at 11:57 PM.

vickie draw heat for everyone she manage.

This attitude has been my problem with Punk fans. It's always "Punk should be at the top", "Punk should be the one to unify the titles", or "Daniel Bryan's storyline would be much better with Punk". They don't care, as long as it's Punk and Punk only. And while you can cheer for him all you want, the truth is he's not the hottest guy right now, therefore you'll have wait until it's his turn again. I was as big of a Bret Hart fan as anyone, but I understood why he had to pass the baton at WM 12.

Blog Entries

Ahahahahaha. I laugh in your general direction.